• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falco Essentials

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I definitely agree there are to many youtube copy paste warriors out there in essentially every FGC because nobody wants to learn themselves. There's a lot of benefits to technology but also downsides.

It's funny to a certain degree the same thing happens in music with ipods. People have like 100000 songs on their ipod but the amount of those tunes they REALLLLY know is less than a handful. Before when people had to buy an album collection they would listen to the same record over and over because... you generally dont buy something unless you really wanted it. So people would not only learn songs, but whole albums and the stylistic approach to those albums from the artists (in comparison to just singles lmao).

I'm somewhat guilty of this in myself because im sure there are enough albums on my ipod that I don't know. But I definitely make an effort to try and check everything out

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I've struggled with the bdacus as well. I've been able to get it a handful of times while practicing for about 15 minutes, but more often than not it was either an input error or just a regular dacus.

I'm just not fast enough, I suppose.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
It's not about inputting the buttons fast. There is a timing to it, you need to get the timing in your muscle memory.

:phone:

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
True. By fast I mean I couldn't execute it in the short timespan (10 frames?) I had available.

I've never been one to rely majorly on buffering, so it's almost like breaking my own habits.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
You could be doing it too fast.

You should practice buffering, it'll make you better and give you the potential to move faster with your character.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
An easy way to learn the BDacus timing is by using D-Throw.
All you have to do is D-Throw -> Buffer dash Dash + C-Stick up.

If you do this properly, you'll do a buffered dash attack.
Practice this for a few days.

And to BDacus once you get used to the timing, just hit the C-Stick up again.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
First off, let me just say great guide! Not more than a few months ago I decided to try and pick up brawl on a highly competitive level. I've always seen Falco as a more technical character, which drew me in. (Previously, I mained Pika and still use him as a secondary.) When picking up Falco and learning the ATs, I exhausted my online resources searching Google, SWF, and Youtube and I have to say this is the most useful resource I've come by. In combination with videos of prominent pros, practicing and discussing MUs with tons of other Falco mains, and playing a few tournaments, I feel I have a solid foundation on which to build some advanced Falco play.

:phone:

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Well, I'm back... 2 years later, lol. I suppose its the news of the new SSB4 coming out that has me back here, but it has seriously been too long. I thought the mods of this thread had given permissions to someone else so they could update it. I will read through this thread in the next few days and do my best to update it based on whats in here.

I put together a 2 minute video of a couple options Falco has with phantasm on the ledge. It may be useful for some players.
Falco's Phantasm Options
Thanks for your video! I'll add it very soon. I realize a lot of the other videos are no longer working, so I see about getting those replaced as well. Time flies when you start a family, that's for sure.

Top Bottom