• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The F-Type for Smash 4 DLC Thread! - Join the Pit Crew Now!

Chase

Smash Ace

F-TYPE FOR SMASH 4 DLC

WHO IS F-TYPE?
That would be a very good question. F-Type is what is considered the main car in the 1995 SNES title, Stunt Race FX. F-Type has a top speed of 140 MPH and has a weak body, making him rather fragile. Though he is a car, he has a surprising aura of childlike innocence due to the cutesy personality his game has.

WHY SUPPORT F-TYPE?
Simple. Although we have seen reps from racing games in Smash Bros. (Captain Falcon) none have truly captured that racing game feel Nintendo does so well. So...why not have this retro character do that for you? F-Type could have the abilities from his own game, in addition to having some features from Mario Kart and F-Zero, like power sliding and a boost gauge.

MOVESETS:
Chase:
MECHANICS: F-Type has a multitude of unique mechanics to add to the gameplay of Smash Bros.. He is very fast and very heavy. But what is his drawback? Well, F-Type takes a while to build up all that speed, so this is the center of his acceleration mechanic. The more F-Type is in motion, the faster he gets, and the harder he can hit opponents. But what is F-Type needs to slow down? Well, this is where the Brakes come into play. When F-Type needs to stop, he skids forwards slightly before stopping, signifying the time it takes him to slow down. F-Type also has pretty abysmal vertical recovery, as cars aren't the best jumpers.
Standard Special - Boost - F-Type begins charging forwards, increasing his speed in addition to making him a moving attack, ramming into opponents to send them flying. However, F-Type can also charge forwards for a certain time to the Boost Gauge he has to use for this attack. F-Type can also not reverse his direction during this attack, making it a bit of a risky move. This attack can be used for a reliable horizontal recovery move in the air.
Side Special - Power Slide - F-Type performs the popular move from the Mario Kart series, turning to the side and spraying sparks all over opponents to keep them still under F-Type can ram into them. This attack is more reliable and powerful if F-Type is in motion while using it, as he can travel faster to F-Type's slowdown time.
Up Special - Wheel Spring - F-Type's frame rises above his wheels, in a fashion identical to the beginning of boosting in Stunt Race FX. However, this attack does damage. Although it isn't a very viable recovery option, it is still useful in air as F-Type can either stun opponents who have the misfortune of ending up below him on the ground, or meteor smash them downwards to bounce off of them, the attack's more useful use.
Down Special - Stunt Ramp - F-Type creates a small Stunt Ramp that he bounces off of, sending it sliding across the stage. If opponents are hit by the stunt ramp, they are knocked into the air. It travels twice as far as one of the Ice Climbers' Ice Shots, but at a slower rate. This allows F-Type to speed in for another attack.
Final Smash - Grand Prix - F-Type summons all the other vehicles from Stunt Race FX, which all begin to race forwards with F-Type leading them. The cars can ram into opponents to give them lots of damage. F-Type crosses a finish line and winks in victory, as the other vehicles dissapear.
THE PIT CREW:
- Chase
- Udime123
- Leafeon523
- SmashKirby
- KoM
- 8-peacock-8
Theenlightenedone
- NATGamer
- AwesomeCaulfiower68
- SinfulRoseDS
- Wintropy
- SonicSmasher1

Last edited:

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
Hm, interesting. I like the idea, count me in! (P.S DLC will probably be those last 5 that everyone was trying to figure out)

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
When you said "Pit Crew" I presumed this was some Kid Icarus enemy that was omitted from smash run:awesome:
But why not, I support.

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
What about a Uniracer? it seems like it would show off the Nintendo vibe an also is more likely to get a sequel with the use of the Gamepad to make custom tracks.

Chase

Smash Ace
What about a Uniracer? it seems like it would show off the Nintendo vibe an also is more likely to get a sequel with the use of the Gamepad to make custom tracks.
The Uniracers would be a bit more difficult to create a moveset for, and most Nintendo racers are in cars, not unicycles, so F-Type represents this niche more. F-Type also has a bit more charm to him than a riderless, faceless unicycle would.

Do you want to join the Pit Crew?

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
The Uniracers would be a bit more difficult to create a moveset for, and most Nintendo racers are in cars, not unicycles, so F-Type represents this niche more. F-Type also has a bit more charm to him than a riderless, faceless unicycle would.

Do you want to join the Pit Crew?
What do you mean by the pit crew?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I support! I actually wanted to make a support thread for F-Type, but I felt sort of lazy to get around to it.

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
This would be insanely unique. I love it. I'm joining.

Chase

Smash Ace
I support! I actually wanted to make a support thread for F-Type, but I felt sort of lazy to get around to it.
This would be insanely unique. I love it. I'm joining.
Welcome to the Pit Crew guys!

So to start F-Type related questions, what would you guys like to see integrated into his moveset? I would personally like to see boosting as a standard special to give him some horizontal recovery options, as well as his body coming apart like in-game as a taunt.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Welcome to the Pit Crew guys!

So to start F-Type related questions, what would you guys like to see integrated into his moveset? I would personally like to see boosting as a standard special to give him some horizontal recovery options, as well as his body coming apart like in-game as a taunt.
Well, believe it or not, but in case you've played Smash Run on SSB 3DS, maybe you've come across an enemy from the EarthBound/MOTHER games which goes by the name of "Devil Car". I honestly have to say, I can picture F-Type fighting in that exact style, rushing down opponents, defending itself by using "donuts" to confuse opponents, and jumping to tackle others.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Stunt Race FX was my favorite SNES racing game back in the day. it still is actually. lol

I also mained F-Type in that game.

i support.

@ theenlightenedone theenlightenedone

You're awesome for mentioning Uniracers! :laugh:

Last edited:

Chase

Smash Ace
Well, believe it or not, but in case you've played Smash Run on SSB 3DS, maybe you've come across an enemy from the EarthBound/MOTHER games which goes by the name of "Devil Car". I honestly have to say, I can picture F-Type fighting in that exact style, rushing down opponents, defending itself by using "donuts" to confuse opponents, and jumping to tackle others.
The Devil Car would have many parts of F-Type with it. I liked the Devil Car and it seemed like a good basis for F-Type's moveset, along with some Mario Kart elements.

Stunt Race FX was my favorite SNES racing game back in the day. it still is actually. lol

I also mained F-Type in that game.

i support.

@ theenlightenedone theenlightenedone

You're awesome for mentioning Uniracers! :laugh:
Welcome to the Pit Crew!

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Never actually played SRFX, but this definitely sounds like an interesting idea. As long as one of his alternate costumes is based on Putt-Putt, I'll be happy.

What sort of weight class would he be?

Chase

Smash Ace
Never actually played SRFX, but this definitely sounds like an interesting idea. As long as one of his alternate costumes is based on Putt-Putt, I'll be happy.

What sort of weight class would he be?
He'd definitely be heavy, but fast. I guess his shortcomings would be weak recovery and difficulty in controlling him.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Add me to the pit crew as well! Stunt Race FX has been intriguing me for some time now since it is one of the most obscure Nintendo games ever. Would love to see another one some day!

Chase

Smash Ace
Add me to the pit crew as well! Stunt Race FX has been intriguing me for some time now since it is one of the most obscure Nintendo games ever. Would love to see another one some day!
Welcome aboard!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, do you think maybe we should start some sort of "campaign" to give more recognition to F-Type?

Chase

Smash Ace
Hey guys, do you think maybe we should start some sort of "campaign" to give more recognition to F-Type?
I think our main focus at the moment should be bringing more light to Stunt Race FX. It's a great game that deserves recognition.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
This is a strange idea, I must confess. But I love that. Strange ideas are the best. I'll support it! :3

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hmmm, he does seem like he would make a good character. So add me to the support list! I'm in!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just wanted to say that the moveset in the OP is wondrous. I would definitely play this wee chap if he was playable~

SinfulRoseDS

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuisuNova
3DS FC
1307-1064-3226
Switch FC
SW-4731-9654-2314
Also, alternate colors could be certain. Maybe the other cars can be playable via an alternate costume. I don't know about Trailer, though. Actually, the fight could take place on top of Trailer while he drives through certain stages.

Last edited:

Chase

Smash Ace
Also, alternate colors could be certain. Maybe the other cars can be playable via an alternate costume. I don't know about Trailer, though. Actually, the fight could take place on top of Trailer while he drives through certain stages.
I've always had Coupé as F-Type's Alph, though the other cars obviously could work. A stage taking place on top of Trailer would be awesome! Even though it would be a bit like the Spirit Train or Big Blue...

Top Bottom