• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Donnie Yen appreciation thread. APPRECIATE!!!

tedeth

Smash Master
So basically, Donnie Yen is amazing.

I'm sitting here at nearly 4 in the morning. I'm super tired and need to sleep so I can study tomorrow, but I just had to make this thread now to mention just how awesome Donnie Yen is.

Basically he's like a modern age Bruce Lee. He is currently considered a top action star in Hong Kong film, and after watching several of his movies, I can see why.

This is Donnie Yen in the role of Ip man. For anyone who hasn't seen Ip Man and Ip Man 2, god damn it see those movies you idiot. This has become a real staple movie of the Western Sydney Smash community as Ip Man is AMAZING. This movie has possibly THE BEST FRIGHT SCENE of any movie ever. HE WANTS TO FIGHT 10!!!

Now what inspired me to make this thread though is this:

This is Donnie Yen as Chen Zhun in "Legend of the Fist: Return of Chen Zhun". This is a fairly new Chinese movies just released last year, and I must say, it's also fantastic. My comparison of Donnie Yen to Bruce Lee is not just something I came up with. This new Chen Zhun movie is a sequel to an old Bruce Lee movie "Fists of Fury." For any action star, Bruce Lee would be a hard act to follow, but Donnie Yen is just SUCH A BOSS!

I'm watching this movie and I'm like, "Dayum this **** reminds me of Ip Man" (as several scenes and in fact the entire general theme of the movie is very similar in many respects).

Then Chen Zhun takes on a whole room full of Japanese guys and I'm like "Cool."

Then he starts doing the SIGNATURE BRUCE LEE HIGH PITCHED SCREAM and I'm lole "Wow".

Then he busts out the SIGNATURE BRUCE LEE NUNCHUKS and I'm lik e"WOW!"

Then he does the SIGNATURE BRUCE LEE SHIRT REMOVAL and I'm like "..." because I've passed out from an overdose of amazing.

So to conclusion, Donnie Yen is the ****ing man. Watch his movies, appreciate the **** out of him.

He even has action figures! :O

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
goddamn you know someone's amazing when scoot agrees with ted that they're amazing

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Donnie Yen is the new Bruce Lee

And Tony Jaa is the new Jackie Chan

now we just need a movie where they star side by side

who's the new Kurt Russel?

Richard7

Smash Ace
Seen IP Man 1 and 2, definitely good, but I can't help but lol now when I see the table fight scene in IP Man 2. I often joke they made a typo in the movie's title and that it should of been OP Man :D

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
thats tom yoong goon or some ****, also known as the protector, starring tony jaa

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
ive seen ip man 1 + 2...haven;t seen the prequel one though

if anyone has it plis give me to watch

the movies are amazing ^_^

Alzi

Smash Master
I am intrigued..

I think Richard told me to watch the IP man movie's a long time ago as I would enjoy them. Is it a Chinese movie with English subtitles? Or is it just a normal English film?

Martial arts in movie's is always amazing.

tedeth

Smash Master
Yeah Alzi check Ip Man out. It's Chinese with English subtitles but it's so amazing you don't even remember it that way. :p

Forete the prequel is nowhere near as good as the other 2.

Also next person to write IP instead of Ip is an idiot. It's not a movie about a superhero who can manipulate internet protocols. :p

Top Bottom