• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The DOL mod topic

Kou

Smash Apprentice
How could I use "Infinite shields", "Turn white during shield stun" and "Flash on successful L-cancel" by editing .dol mod on v1.02?
In particular I want 2 formers.
When I try to use these 2 cheats on DIOS MIOS, Melee freezed and didn't work...

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
How could I use "Infinite shields", "Turn white during shield stun" and "Flash on successful L-cancel" by editing .dol mod on v1.02?
Hi KouuuuuUuUuUuuUu

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I only ported the "Turn white during shield stun" and "Flash on successful L-cancel" to v1.00. I have not ported them to v1.02. I will not be porting them to v1.02 any time soon, sorry. You should probably use v1.00 so you can use these codes.

D

Deleted member

Is there any way to disable the following things? Thank you.

1. Z (grab) disable shield so it only grabs.
2. Disable directional UP for jumping specifically. (As in no jumping from hitting up)

Led-Zeppelin

Smash Apprentice

2. Disable directional UP for jumping specifically. (As in no jumping from hitting up)
THIS! This is a great idea man, i cant stress enough how many grabs and u-tilts ive missed because of that :c
But wouldnt disabled Z shield means no L-Cancel with the Z button? I only use Z to L-Cancel.

D

Deleted member

THIS! This is a great idea man, i cant stress enough how many grabs and u-tilts ive missed because of that :c
But wouldnt disabled Z shield means no L-Cancel with the Z button? I only use Z to L-Cancel.
Thanks. Hopefully someone can do this because those two things would make the game a million times better for me.

You can still L Cancel with L and R, so this will be more for those who don't use Z for that. It honestly is quite bothersome for me when the shield pops up and I go for a grab, heh.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
It's called Tap jump, you can turn it off in the controller settings in Brawl/P:M: but in Melee I have no clue how'd they implement the option through hacking (where would they put the option to the player that wouldn't effect the others? over Handicap?).

The Z does grab only thing could be useful. It's usually not an issue after you get the feel of when you're able to input an action (grab) rather than trying to press it early or spamming it while you're still doing some other animation, but being able to implement whatever options through hacks you can doesn't hurt I guess.

danny135

Smash Apprentice
Code:
[COLOR="Cyan"]TT TT TT TT[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Orange"]E7 00 00 B0[/COLOR]
E7 00 00 B0 = 11100111000000000000000010110000
( 11100111000000000000000010110000 )

useless bit
empty box
Can someone explain which bits are what stage?

Edit: Never mind I figured out the pattern.

Kadano

Magical Express
Is there a code for changing PS transformations to grass only and to keep FoD's platforms at normal height all the time? I think many people would like that.

danny135

Smash Apprentice
Possibly, but doubtful. It wouldn't be very efficient to store single color characters in the form of textures, and I bet the developers were trying to squeeze all the space they could out of the disk.

More likely there is a system library that the game uses that provides the characters, as I'm sure other games would use them too. It might be difficult to do this without knowing more of the underlying system.
I used Dolphin's texture dumping and a lot of the characters were dumped as textures, so I assume that the characters are all stored in textures.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
do we know how to change peach's turnip ratio?

randomguy737

Smash Rookie
I used Dolphin's texture dumping and a lot of the characters were dumped as textures, so I assume that the characters are all stored in textures.
Yes, SypherPhoenix already confirmed this.
Well, actually, most of the text written on the menus seems to be made of up individual textures for each letter; this goes for the Japanese characters as well. The actual selections are made up of a single texture, though.

It should be possible to replace the Katakana/Hiragana characters with the lowercase PAL textures, though this would mess with some text in Japanese mode.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Can someone explain which bits are what stage?

Edit: Never mind I figured out the pattern.
The OP has some simple directions, but I'm way too lazy to write up something that fully explains it to people without CS knowledge.

do we know how to change peach's turnip ratio?
http://www.smashboards.com/threads/309178/page-2#post-13412721

Both are almost certainly possible, the second should be pretty simple too. I unforunately don't currently have the tools to find memory addresses for making these, so IE or standardtoaster are your best bets.

Is there a code for changing PS transformations to grass only and to keep FoD's platforms at normal height all the time? I think many people would like that.
Again, both are almost certainly possible, but I don't have the tools to make them. Perhaps someone else could help.

danny135

Smash Apprentice
I want a Debug Sound Test code that replaces the Trophies button, not the Tournmanent one, I already have normal debug on that one.

Master Sound Test replaces Tournament mode:
024D473C 00000702

Pac-Man Vs.

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to replace individual sections of the "special melee" section with debug menus? I'd rather replace single-button mode than tournament mode, if possible.

edit: Or (and maybe this is asking too much) a listing of things that are replaceable would be helpful. Can we replace sound test with debug sound test? Special movie with debug menu?

phish-it

Smash Champion
It's possible and there is a list of changing different modes from different menus, I can't seem to find it with the Smashboards new broken search function. I'm pretty sure Magus posted it in the main Melee hacking thread.

Is there a DOL mod for the L cancel everything hack seen in the Melee Impossible video?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLuFpmoKUVQ

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
It's possible and there is a list of changing different modes from different menus, I can't seem to find it with the Smashboards new broken search function. I'm pretty sure Magus posted it in the main Melee hacking thread.

Is there a DOL mod for the L cancel everything hack seen in the Melee Impossible video?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLuFpmoKUVQ

AntD made the mod himself and won't give it out because it's unstable and causes the game to crash a lot

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
do we know what makes falcon's and gonon's side-b's immune to projectiles?

also, what makes gigabowser immune to grabs?

nube

Smash Apprentice
^ they are not immune, but iirc during falcon/ganon's side-b's, their models are move along a shifted z-axis, like when most characters step back during their taunts. thus capt/ganon can "dodge" certain attacks (not only projectiles) as long as the attack's hitboxes dont collide with capt/ganon's hurtboxes. projectiles just seem to have less z-axis range compared to the wider z-axis hitbox range of non-projectile attacks.

Magus420

Smash Master
If a projectile hitbox is making contact with one of the gray trigger collisions it's prevented from being able to hit that player's hurtboxes (probably a quirk in the way the gray collisions are coded as they also need to be flagged to hit vs air targets to negate them). They're only fully protected if it hits above their head (the upper arm basically). Between the top of the head and lower shoulder they stick out a bit in front of them and can be hit depending on the speed and spacing. Any lower than that and the lower arm being far in front and legs sticking out in back have them always get hit.

If you put a hitbox with that element on any move it has the same effect on projectile hitboxes.

CaptainFabulous

Smash Cadet
How does one create a backup using a dol. modded iso? I've been able to get the iso to work in dolphin but whenever I try to burn it and run it on my wii I just get a blank screen. Are there any extra steps that I need to take?

Kadano

Magical Express
Is your Wii even modified? I don't know how it's done as I have a modded GC, but I know it's necessary to play copies.
For me, every iso that worked in Dolphin also worked on the modded GC.

CaptainFabulous

Smash Cadet
Yes sorry probably should have mentioned that, I've been able to play other burned copies without any issues but I can't seem to get a DOL. modded copy to work.

_Liquid_

Smash Cadet
If I set the default item frequency to higher than very high when would the game ever use it? I thought the game saves whatever you set your item frequency to.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
[bump]

SypherPhoenix found the list of mode IDs. Can anyone make a DOL patch for 1.02 that replaces single-button mode (2C) with debug mode (06)? I tried but couldn't find the proper location in the DOL that single-button mode's menu item was stored.

edit: Sorry, I thought that list was buried. Turns out it's on the most recent page. (I found it using Google.)

To make up for my egregious error, I've created a few IPS patches for the 1.02 main.dol. Patch these with Smart IPS, Lunar IPS, etc.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gxubhgjdd4ul8zv/SSBM_v1.02u_Main.dol_Patches.7z

The benefit to using IPS patches is you can very quickly add the edits that you want to your game. You don't need to muck around in a hex editor. However my desired edits are very particular so you'll probably have to make your own for things like 4-stock default, no airships on Corneria, no transformations on Pokemon Stadium, etc.
i've had this done for a long while but i really really do not want to deal with figuring out new formatting for the second post

i have some other dol mods too that i will post eventually

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
in all cases, change 3800002C -> 38000006

227F2C

228A9c

PAL uses different menu IDs and i'm too lazy to test for them

Khaos23

Smash Rookie
Hi, thanks for making this thread. I have the PAL version of melee, and I was able to use the "Unlock all characters and stages" code, since I don't have a memory card.

I've been trying to enable the use of the C-Stick in singleplayer, and I also changed a few settings such as changing the default mode to stock, disabling rumble and so on. Anyway neither of these have worked. I've matched the code exactly how it is said in the posts, and I know I'm doing it right since the unlock everything code worked.

The only thing I'm not sure of is the ASM code.

PAL ───── 0x168A30 ──── 48000008 -> 60000000 ──── (b 0x08 -> nop)

So for the C-Stick in 1P Mode, I've located the offset, and replaced the code with 60000000, where can I find the ASM code though, the "b 0x08" part?

Kadano

Magical Express
Hi, thanks for making this thread. I have the PAL version of melee, and I was able to use the "Unlock all characters and stages" code, since I don't have a memory card.

I've been trying to enable the use of the C-Stick in singleplayer, and I also changed a few settings such as changing the default mode to stock, disabling rumble and so on. Anyway neither of these have worked. I've matched the code exactly how it is said in the posts, and I know I'm doing it right since the unlock everything code worked.
I had a similar problem once—unlock characters worked, but default settings did not—and the cause was that I didn’t empty my Dolphin memory card. So if you tested the iso with Dolphin before burning the disc, the old memory files prevented the codes from coming to effect.

Khaos23

Smash Rookie
Hey thanks for the reply. I haven't used Dolphin before. I've used both USBLoaderGX and Configurable USB Loader on the Wii. Although I have tried to use the virtual memory card but they don't work with Melee, the game will just freeze. Maybe that is causing the problem. I actually noticed a "saves" folder on my USB but it was empty. I've just deleted that, I'll see if it works now.

Edit: Nope, it's still not working.

Edit2: YES. I got it to work. I didn't read your post thoroughly enough. I had to use the ISO before trying to create the virtual memory card. Even though I deleted the saves, they still must have had something saved to the ISO preventing the codes from working.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
I combine with
"Boot to character screen"(which doesn't load memory card),
"Unlock All Characters & Stages & Random Stage Select" and
"Modifying Default Settings".
(***these are all mod .dol)

I thought this combination enable us to start to play quickly.

Unlock All Characters & Stages & Random Stage Select
-All characters are available (does not save to memory card)
-All stages are available (does not save to memory card)
-Random stage select is available (does not save to memory card)
[standardtoaster]
Version ── DOL Offset ─ Hex to Replace ───── ASM Code
1.00 ──── 0x160CA0 ──── A0BF0000 -> 38A007FF ──── (lhz r5,0(r31) -> li r5,2047)
────── 0x160894 ──── A0BF0000 -> 38A007FF ──── (lhz r5,0(r31) -> li r5,2047)
────── 0x16F6BC ──── A0BF0000 -> 38A007FF ──── (lhz r5,0(r31) -> li r5,2047)
3rd line of Unlock Random Stage Select have a problem as follow.
In order to unlock "Random Stage Select", we had to play one game or go back to the logo.

Is there someone who knows how to unlock "Random Stage Select" from the first without memory card by mod .dol?

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
I think you would have to change inject/redirect some code to have it check for those things, which could be simple, but I don't know how complex the check is. Alternatively you could set the game to boot to the "press start" screen and change it so that when you press start there it would take you to VS character select, though this also depends on when exactly the game decides to check. I'm also interested, and I would normally investigate this myself, but I've been short on time recently, sorry.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord

mooki

Smash Apprentice
I only ported the "Turn white during shield stun" and "Flash on successful L-cancel" to v1.00. I have not ported them to v1.02. I will not be porting them to v1.02 any time soon, sorry. You should probably use v1.00 so you can use these codes.
I couldn't find your "Turn white during shield stun" for v100 edits anywhere. Mind showing me where they are, please?

Top Bottom