• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

Duck Hunted

Smash Cadet
Hey theworstmuppett, are you up for a game later? Also since I got a wii u we could use that.... Oh and for anyone who hasn't read my guide I have updated it as well! FUN FACT- I got here by the worst muppet posting a review on my guide. Then I found this thread

is olimar in brawl? also on 3DS i play ZSS and on wii U im DH. Does anyone wanna play against me on 3DS?

Last edited by a moderator:

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Gah, the holidays are finally over, thank goodness @_@

Life has been pretty busy for me (especially during said holidays), so I haven't really been on lately. How have all my doggies been?

In regards to Snash, been flip flooping back and forth between characters. Tried Cloud, wasn't a fan of his recovery, Villager been very hard to play but I did beat one of our better ZSS mains with her, and my Robin gets worse by the day. XD Doggy been getting better though after some fundamental lessons from a local Samus main, teaching me how to watch for habits and auto pilot less, so we'll see what happens.

Corrin has me pretty hype, and if she's as fun as she looks, will probably be my co-main with Doggy, while dropping Robin or playing her less. Otherwise though, been doing good with the dog. At a regional yesterday I heard people behind me saying "That Duck Hunt been going hard all day", so it gives me hope. The more I think about it, the less I think Doggy is the problem, and the more I think it's just me playing badly.

In regards to personal life, I'm super excited for tomorrow. I am transgender (as some of you may or may not know) and will be starting therapy soon, to hopefully start hormones and start feeling happy and like myself. Dysphoric depression is horrible, so hopefully I'll be more content and happy soon. Not that I'm not happy with who I am now, it just sucks to look in the mirror and see a stranger staring back at you.

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239

Life has been pretty busy for me (especially during said holidays), so I haven't really been on lately. How have all my doggies been?

In regards to Snash, been flip flooping back and forth between characters. Tried Cloud, wasn't a fan of his recovery, Villager been very hard to play but I did beat one of our better ZSS mains with her, and my Robin gets worse by the day. XD Doggy been getting better though after some fundamental lessons from a local Samus main, teaching me how to watch for habits and auto pilot less, so we'll see what happens.

Corrin has me pretty hype, and if she's as fun as she looks, will probably be my co-main with Doggy, while dropping Robin or playing her less. Otherwise though, been doing good with the dog. At a regional yesterday I heard people behind me saying "That Duck Hunt been going hard all day", so it gives me hope. The more I think about it, the less I think Doggy is the problem, and the more I think it's just me playing badly.

In regards to personal life, I'm super excited for tomorrow. I am transgender (as some of you may or may not know) and will be starting therapy soon, to hopefully start hormones and start feeling happy and like myself. Dysphoric depression is horrible, so hopefully I'll be more content and happy soon. Not that I'm not happy with who I am now, it just sucks to look in the mirror and see a stranger staring back at you.
Heey WispBae! Good ta see ya again!

My aim for this year is to start showing my art to a wider audience. I only have 6 months of University left to go before I become an unemployed string bean, so I need to start workin' towards what I wanna do with my life. Damn, I'm excited. Also, scared s***less.

I'm in the best place with da dewg 'n Duck right now. I'm still interested in trying out Corrin, but I realised recently that I am starting to move around with DHD in a way that I don't do with any of my secondaries. I think I have a better understandin' of the character now.

Aah, that's so cool to hear about tomorrow! My friend went through the same therapy a year ago and she's much happier now! I wish you the best there!

Hope this year will be a good'n.

Duck Hunted

Smash Cadet
btw dudes happy new year! am i the youngest one here? im 13. Anyways i play villager Wispbae! MY mains are now chnanged once again. They are villager, ZSS, DH, and jigglypuff. Good luck on your ssb progression muppet! Happy New Years!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
@BAE: Yeah, the hormone thing is like the least fun part of the whole trans thing.
I hope you get through it soon enough!
:196:

Duck Hunted

Smash Cadet
Hey anyone know a Sheik player? Just wondering. I just noticed Shiek's move set is very similar to ZSS's which i sometimes use. Oh duz anyone know if Lucas amiibo has come out yet???

Last edited:

Perris6

Smash Journeyman

Depth been helping your game? If so ask him how that samus vs duck hunt mu is Lol. I've played him many times:4duckhunt:. Glad you're getting back on your game!!

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Good lol. On a scale from 1-10, rate how good you are with Game & Watch. (Furret 24)
Depends on how we look at it. I'm not good enough to win a tournament or rank even decently on the Smash Ladder, but I am good enough to have 63% WR on 1v1 FG, though, that doesn't mean much.

Duck Hunted

Smash Cadet
Cool. We should play sometime, my name is Piyama on the wii u. Me and Muppet have played before, maybe we could play all together! I wont be on for a while until next week :)

Last edited:

AJb1205

Smash Cadet
NNID
AJb1205
At this point I can't even imagine Duck Hunt dog being like this.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Since my brother is visiting, I have access to the Wii U again. Took me a while to get used to the Gamecube controller but it's all good. After a week of practice, everything feels smoother. It's a shame I'll only be able to play for another month.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
I think I'll be able to!

Also, on a side note, I'm attending my first weeklies on Thursday!

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Thank you! I'm putting in a lot of work in my Duck Hunt this week and trying to cram in as much match up info as I can. I might go with some of my secondaries too, so I'll practice them with my brother for a bit the night before, but until then, I'm trying to put as much effort into DH as I can.

Last edited:

Duck Hunted

Smash Cadet
Cool dudes! If you would like to play with me, then DM me and i'll tell you my NNID. Is weeklies a type of tournament, good luck! I've definitely made lot of progress on DH. I can play online on Thursday through Sunday.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Did some For Glory matches and I think there's not a match up I hate more than the Pikachu one. Jeez. Pika simply harasses our character, takes our biggest flaws (delayed projectiles and recovery), and accents them so hard. It was honestly so discouraging. I tried so many play styles (camp, aggressive, poking with FAirs while keeping the can close as a shield, bait and punish, etc.) but as soon as the mouse got a combo started, it was over.

The neutral was hopeless too. Gunmen and pigeons are useless in the match up due to the fact that Pikachu can move around so quick (honestly, every time I did one of those two moves, I either gave Pika a chance to punish or let it gain massive stage control).

Or maybe FD is just the dog's worst stage in the match up. Oh well.

Duck Hunted

Smash Cadet
Did some For Glory matches and I think there's not a match up I hate more than the Pikachu one. Jeez. Pika simply harasses our character, takes our biggest flaws (delayed projectiles and recovery), and accents them so hard. It was honestly so discouraging. I tried so many play styles (camp, aggressive, poking with FAirs while keeping the can close as a shield, bait and punish, etc.) but as soon as the mouse got a combo started, it was over.

The neutral was hopeless too. Gunmen and pigeons are useless in the match up due to the fact that Pikachu can move around so quick (honestly, every time I did one of those two moves, I either gave Pika a chance to punish or let it gain massive stage control).

Or maybe FD is just the dog's worst stage in the match up. Oh well.
Well Im in luck! Pikachu is one of my secondaries next to Duck Hunt. Someone else can set up the server cause connection to my wii is hard to use (unless we are doing duels) so someone else can set up the server. And I'll chek my wii soon to accept your request ferret, thanks!

Furret24

Smash Master
Well Im in luck! Pikachu is one of my secondaries next to Duck Hunt. Someone else can set up the server cause connection to my wii is hard to use (unless we are doing duels) so someone else can set up the server. And I'll chek my wii soon to accept your request ferret, thanks!
That's Furret to you sir. :162:

De Wolfe

Smash Cadet
Not sure where else to ask this. Probably doesn't belong here as its more of a mechanics question but it would help me with certain can combos/setups off of grabs.

When you grab someone and pummel them until they are let go what decides whether the opponent bounces upwards into the air or just slides backwards on the ground?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Not sure where else to ask this. Probably doesn't belong here as its more of a mechanics question but it would help me with certain can combos/setups off of grabs.

When you grab someone and pummel them until they are let go what decides whether the opponent bounces upwards into the air or just slides backwards on the ground?
Three things:

-If you continue to mash pummel until they are released, they will always be released on the ground, no matter what.

-If their feet aren't touching the ground and you're not pummeling when they're released, they will always release into the air (I dont think this is the case for any character as Duck Hunt unless they're hanging over the ledge).

-If the opponent pushes a jump button while mashing out (up on joystick with tap jump, x, y, or whatever they have it set to) and you are not pummeling when they are released, you'll get an air release.

As for grab followups, I think Dunnobro has a good vid on that.

Last edited:

[SKS] Yung Lamppost

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yung-Lamppost
3DS FC
2122-8762-7129

The best place for you to ask that question would be the moveset/metagame discussion thread, but it's really no problem

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Back from the tournament!

Round 1 was against my brother, funny enough, and I took that game 2-0.

Round 2 was against the winner of the tournament. He used Sheik on FD game 1 and then he banned Duck Hunt for some reason (which is good bc I hate that stage with DH) and he went Falco. I went to Dreamland and was able to 2 stock him as I'm super confident in that match up and Wispy Woods helps force off stage battles (and then, gimps). He went game 3 on Smashville with Cpt Falcon and even though I have a lot of practice in this match up, as my best friend uses CF, he got a lot of momentum in the beginning that I couldn't bring back.

Got send to losers, so on round 3, I fight my bane, Pikachu! We striked to Battlefield game one, so I decided to stay DH as the stage is my comfort stage and I could throw away this match to see what the best secondary to go to was. After the game, I was on the fence of ROB because I didnt want to get combo'd, so I took him to Smashville with Sheik and I did good, but wasnt able to close out the stock, pushing me out of the tournament.

I did a bunch of singles and doubles friendlies and made friends with a Dedede main and a Dr Mario/Lucas main. I also joined crews, which you can watch my set here (time stamp os 3:47:00)

http://www.twitch.tv/smashonthehillboston/v/38276985

Was super fun and I'm happy with my results! My crew won in the end which was awesome. I had nerves during the crew as everyone was watching me and I was the new guy, so I wanted to do well (I was on tilt but its not an excuse!) They referred to me as the sleeper Duck Hunt tho so thats good that i made waves!

Last edited:

Duck Hunted

Smash Cadet
Back from the tournament!

Round 1 was against my brother, funny enough, and I took that game 2-0.

Round 2 was against the winner of the tournament. He used Sheik on FD game 1 and then he banned Duck Hunt for some reason (which is good bc I hate that stage with DH) and he went Falco. I went to Dreamland and was able to 2 stock him as I'm super confident in that match up and Wispy Woods helps force off stage battles (and then, gimps). He went game 3 on Smashville with Cpt Falcon and even though I have a lot of practice in this match up, as my best friend uses CF, he got a lot of momentum in the beginning that I couldn't bring back.

Got send to losers, so on round 3, I fight my bane, Pikachu! We striked to Battlefield game one, so I decided to stay DH as the stage is my comfort stage and I could throw away this match to see what the best secondary to go to was. After the game, I was on the fence of ROB because I didnt want to get combo'd, so I took him to Smashville with Sheik and I did good, but wasnt able to close out the stock, pushing me out of the tournament.

I did a bunch of singles and doubles friendlies and made friends with a Dedede main and a Dr Mario/Lucas main. I also joined crews, which you can watch my set here (time stamp os 3:47:00)

http://www.twitch.tv/smashonthehillboston/v/38276985

Was super fun and I'm happy with my results! My crew won in the end which was awesome. I had nerves during the crew as everyone was watching me and I was the new guy, so I wanted to do well (I was on tilt but its not an excuse!) They referred to me as the sleeper Duck Hunt tho so thats good that i made waves!
Nice job at the tournament! Where was it at? Ok everyone i am up for a game today and MAYBE tomorrow and sunday. FURRET, you need to add me again!

Top Bottom