• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I'm surprised no one's created a video thread yet. I have a few videos I'd like to post there. But for now, I can just put them here <3

WITH FRIENDS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpJJ5_OOVvs vs :4megaman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-nbSdPJIMk vs :4darkpit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKk0mYF3Xnw vs :4robinf:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyZboYM7Zbw vs :4littlemac:

FOR GLORY:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td_ZhRqRXN0 vs :4bowser:
^Possibly the most brutal loss I've ever suffered xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agycIKps_Uo vs :4dedede:
^Apparently the Can can [hehe] send Gordos back to Dedede...who knew?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
When Sakurai officially announces DHD on the SSB4 website, I hope there are pictures of the following scenes:

DHD with Rush and Beat
DHD and French Bulldog
DHD in the Living Room
DHD with Isabelle
DHD with Cuccos
DHD with Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. (the retro trio)
Wild Gunman vs. Sheriff
Can I just say that I can picture a pic of Duck Hunt doing his taunt where he "dances" and Isabelle does her "Bye-Bye" motion with a Heart Container between them?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am really enjoying Duck Hunt. Neutral B, Side B and their smash attacks are very fun to use.

Also, I take the thread title isn't going to be changed? Their name is Duck Hunt, not Duck Hunt Dog, after all.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am really enjoying Duck Hunt. Neutral B, Side B and their smash attacks are very fun to use.

Also, I take the thread title isn't going to be changed? Their name is Duck Hunt, not Duck Hunt Dog, after all.
It's my thread. I asked for Duck Hunt Dog and that's what I got... Duck Hunt Dog who happens to be in a tag team called "Duck Hunt Duo". :awesome:

Shog

Smash Ace
You know in Germany they are called Duck-Hunt-Duo, like they want to believe in DHD with the dashes.
But seriously, I like DH Duo more because that is like calling Samus "Metroid". I know that the movesets DHD borrows are from the NES Zapper games, but I don't see other characters crediting there inspiration in there movesets(One example would be King Dedede and Gordos)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
People really need to let this go... Duck Hunt Dog, Duck Hunt Duo, DHD... they are perfectly valid.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
i'm in for glory mode

and beating up little macs SO EASILY

it's hard NOT to use the laughing taunt on them

im sorry

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I am pleasantly surprised about how good good Duck Hunt is and will be glad to say he is one of my mains moving forward.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I just wanted to say that Duck Hunt is awesome and currently is my co-main along with Robin. I adored the little guy from the moment the leak came out- he was one of the only reasons I was okay with it being true- and seeing gameplay with him just sold me. The moment I unlocked him, I began to use him. He just plays so well and oozes personality. He and Robin are currently the only two characters I have beaten any form of Master Core with (I'm a very casual Smasher at the moment). I love how all his colors are different breeds, too! I adore the beagle, but the yellow one and the black lab/Banjo are so tempting!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I just thought of this.
I think that Duck Hunt's series Icon should have been a zapper reticle, since they represent many zapper games.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This character. Holy ZONING.

P.S. I like how the can says Hogan's Alley on it. Little details like that make the game
If you look closer, the clay pigeons read "Duck Hunt".

And yes, there's so much zoning... I'm learning how to play DHD. I noticed that his aerial down could be a meteor smash if you time it... kinda like Mewtwo's aerial down. I'm also learning how to use the cans... like hitting them to make them fly a bit before the hunter shoots them. Oh, and I was practicing how to use the dash attack... not sure if it's me or does the duck have a strong tip at the beak? I was trying to do dash attacks on the cans to make them fly. I need to work on my timing.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
If you look closer, the clay pigeons read "Duck Hunt".

And yes, there's so much zoning... I'm learning how to play DHD. I noticed that his aerial down could be a meteor smash if you time it... kinda like Mewtwo's aerial down. I'm also learning how to use the cans... like hitting them to make them fly a bit before the hunter shoots them. Oh, and I was practicing how to use the dash attack... not sure if it's me or does the duck have a strong tip at the beak? I was trying to do dash attacks on the cans to make them fly. I need to work on my timing.
I found a good tip for you.

Step 1. Basically use the Hogans Alley can and try to get it as near as possible to your foe.

Step 2. Then use the clay pigeon and throw it at the foe and let it hit them.

Step 3. Then press B a bunch to let the clay pigeon explode on them.

Because of the rapid pressing of the B button the can will also fly into them, casting a good combo-ish thing.
Just practice it on training mode until you get the hang of it.

Not only that but if you aim the clay pigeon just right it can hit the can, causing it to explode immediately, which in some ways is even better.

EDIT: i found a way to get that can to move faster in different angles, the tilts, i find the down tilt works the best in this situation.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't realize DHD's down aerial was a spike until just now

Dang it

I could of used that earlier

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Yo "Dogs" The Duck has arrived. Right then Let's go Duck Hunt Dog brilliant character Love him as much as ROB I would also like to say at first I thought I could get revenge but after playing him I shall never hurt him (PETA are watching me) any way here's something that is wonderful to think about.

It's his turn to try and shoot you ;)

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Yo "Dogs" The Duck has arrived. Right then Let's go Duck Hunt Dog brilliant character Love him as much as ROB I would also like to say at first I thought I could get revenge but after playing him I shall never hurt him (PETA are watching me) any way here's something that is wonderful to think about.

It's his turn to try and shoot you ;)
I know, its strange that at first I thought the reason the Dog was even considered was to beat the living revengeful **** out of him, but because his star k.o voice, awesome attacks, also has an innocent duck on him, and the fact that he has a more dog-esque personality than in the original Duck Hunt, I feel bad even even hitting him with a 2 with Judge.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I know, its strange that at first I thought the reason the Dog was even considered was to beat the living revengeful **** out of him, but because his star k.o voice, awesome attacks, also has an innocent duck on him, and the fact that he has a more dog-esque personality than in the original Duck Hunt, I feel bad even even hitting him with a 2 with Judge.
He has a voice?

Top Bottom