• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Darkness Comes... Eternal Darkness in Brawl thread.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
So just because you liked the game it deserves a spot?
No, it can deserve a spot because it's a good game. I liked it because it was a good game. Lern 2 logic plox.
I asked a question, which you clearly can't answer...
Except I already answered it before you even asked, as well as a ton of people.

...in no way was my post meant to "annoy" you, but you're clearly one of those fanboys who thinks threads are just to say how cool a character is.
Yeah yeah, whatever.

Just wondering, is ED owned by Nintendo, because if not her chances just went from slim to none.
Yes, ED is owned by Nintendo.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
OK, in which part of my post did I say that I didn't play the game? Oh, just because I'm not completely biased and think that this game it means I didn't play it? Please, the game didn't even sell and you're telling me it deserves a spot?
First, pass my quiz:

1. What was the Monk's name in the game?

2. What was the ninja's name?

3. Which famous ruler was killed during the game?

4. What happens when your sanity meter gets low?

And yes, I expect a "I don't remember, lol" so don't disappoint me.

Second, Earthbound had piss-poor sales and yet Ness has been in two of the games. Roy's game hadn't even been RELEASED yet at the time of SSBM's release. Since when have sales been a prerequisite for inclusion?

It's pretty ironic that Earthbound is in your sig and icon and it's the best counter-argument against you.

ED was an excellent game, and the fact that you dismiss it so readily suggests to me that you haven't played it, otherwise you'd be making an argument beyond, "It sucks, lol".

I haven't played the game in close to 5 years now and yet I could probably write a 20 question quiz on it about all the stuff I STILL remember. That's how much of an impact the game had on me AND my friends who've played it as well.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
No, you only said it should be in because it's "good" and if you think that's a good reason, then really, it is pointless for you to try to argue anything.:rolleyes:
So according to you, only bad games should get reps? Is that it?

Well, too bad reality doesn't coincide with your stupidity.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280

He hasn't posted again because he's looking up the information from my quiz in an attempt to not get caught in a lie.

At least it looks that way...

vesperview

Smash Hero
1. What was the Monk's name in the game?
Paul

2. Which famous ruler was killed during the game?
Charlemagne

3. What happens when your sanity meter gets low?
You start hallucinating

Second, Earthbound had piss-poor sales and yet Ness has been in two of the games. Roy's game hadn't even been RELEASED yet at the time of SSBM's release. Since when have sales been a prerequisite for inclusion?
Unlike Eternal Darkness, Earthbound is incredibly popular in Japan, Eternal Darkness is not popular anywhere and the Roy argument doesn't work since Marth was also in the game.

ED was an excellent game, and the fact that you dismiss it so readily suggests to me that you haven't played it.
That has absolutely nothing to do with playing the game or not.

Just stop replying, you're clearly too stupid to put any good arguments on the table, thus, you feel the need to twist my statements in your favor, really pathetic.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
You didn't answer the fourth one: what was the ninja's name?

And you don't start "hallucinating". The word is SANITY EFFECTS.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
You completely just edited that in and according to you, what are the Sanity Effects?
Yes, I did. Answer it.

Sanity effects are when the game starts turning down your volume, erasing your save files, restarting the game, ending the game, etc.

Any "hallucinating" happened more on the player's end than the character's.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Just stop replying, you're clearly too stupid to put any good arguments on the table, thus, you feel the need to twist my statements in your favor, really pathetic.
Sorry, but it was YOU who basically said "a game being "good" is not a reason for inclusion." If you're right, obviously we should never put a good game in, for a good game would have nothing going for it other than "goodness" of some sort. If we should disregard it for its goodness, as good is not a good enough quality, obviously bad is what we should be looking for.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Yes, I did. Answer it.

Sanity effects are when the game starts turning down your volume, erasing your save files, restarting the game, ending the game, etc.

Any "hallucinating" happened more on the player's end than the character's.
So now you're attempting to host a Quiz Game in the internet, by the way, nice way of avoiding the rest of my post too, I will do the same thing, since apparently you think you're proving something.:rolleyes: and yeah the Sanity Effects could qualify as hallucinations.

Sorry, but it was YOU who basically said "a game being "good" is not a reason for inclusion." If you're right, obviously we should never put a good game in, for a good game would have nothing going for it other than "goodness" of some sort. If we should disregard it for its goodness, as good is not a good enough quality, obviously bad is what we should be looking for.
You completely misinterpreted it, a game being good is not the only factor for a character to be in and I doubt you believe that.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
So now you're attempting to host a Quiz Game in the internet,
No, I'm calling you out on the fact that you're BASHING A GAME YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED because you can't even answer four simple questions about the game.

So, ONE MORE TIME, the ninja: what was his name?

Answer it or you're a liar reading guides off of gamefaqs. Anyone who has played ED could answer this question in seconds. The fact that you haven't suggests to me that you are indeed lying about having played the game.

and yeah the Sanity Effects could qualify as hallucinations.
No, because anyone who played the game would have called them "sanity effects" because that's the coined phrase. Just more proof that you haven't played the game and that you're lying so you have an excuse to troll up this thread.

As for the rest of your post, Earthbound was popular in Japan? Well, Metroid was extremely UNpopular in Japan and yet Samus was in the game from day one.

What's your argument? That a game needs to have a lot of sales? Both Ice Climber and Kid Icarus, for their time, didn't sell well at all. Back then selling a million copies was pretty commonplace. These games weren't the powerhouse franchises that Mario, DK, Yoshi, etc. are.

What're you saying disqualifies ED from a playable character? It was:

1. Published and worked on by Nintendo with supervision from Miyamoto.
2. Funded by Nintendo while SK was 2nd party.
3. Owned in whole by Nintendo and SK plans to do a sequel sometime down the road WITH Nintendo.

The fact that it was an excellent game notwithstanding, what is your argument?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Now that THAT troll is gone, to the thread...

Alex would make for an awesome character, not only for the gladius, but because of the sheer number of spells she could bring to the table. IMHO, we need more magic users in this game.

I've always thought that ED and Twin Snakes should be ported to the Wii and rereleased with Wii controls. God knows, they were advertised so poorly the first time around that most people would have no idea they were ports...

And as for Alex's FS, I'd imagine she summons one of the ancients to attack the stage in a barrage of magic...

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I can see why he lost that sarcastic award lol. He's not even sarcastic in the least bit. He's overly direct and pompous. Sarcastic is saying something with a sinister tone. He was NOT sarcastic so frankly, I do not know why people voted for him as sarcastic. Plus, his posts are usually criticisms right off the bat. That's not sarcastic. That's just being a total vain aserine narcissus. I wonder if he's a puny pudgy person who's got nothing to do all day than wander around a video game site. That's how I imagine him.

Okay, let me see if I got this, he says characters not famous aren't in Brawl. That's a total misconception. Samus wasn't even famous before SSB made her a star. That goes ditto to pokemon. Well kind of, pokemon was starting off to be a possible hit, and with SSB, it turned out to definitely be one. Who says cult hits can't bring forth material into SSB/SSBB?! Saki Amamiya, Ness, and Lucas are from "cult" hit games and likely, we'll see more in Brawl, like Eternal Darkness or possibly even No More Heroes and Zack & Wiki. (I know those two are recent, but in my opinion, how they function differently from the usual RPG/Platformer/Strategy games makes it seem they are part of the definition of "cult" hit.) Moreover, low sales does not affect a game's history. Earthbound is well... poor is the term I guess... outside of Japan (and is reported to not make anymore games of the franchise) and Metroid is the same thing for America. Due to characters unknown or are recent does not mean they can be excluded. Same goes for retro. That's prejudicial by age.

Anyway, though Eternal Darkness isn't retro, or actually recent, its still probably Nintendo's best selling horror game by far and that deserves some recognition. We see so many crazy things in Brawl, even to Snake. How much more wacky can it be if the main star of this game popped in for a visit. She does have the power to travel across the fabrics of time and space you know. Its more logical than explaining pocket monsters living in the same world with PK Trainer (a supposed animal abuse basketcase), Sonic (a talking hedgehog), and Snake (a militant who faces reality's dilemmas yet lives in the same world, let alone being the same species - human - as the PK Trainer).

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
vesperview, you can't argue your case without any knowledge at all of what you're arguing about. The first five pages of this thread are full of reasons why ED representation is plausible. Instead of reading them and noting them before making your argument, you barged in here and repeated the mantra of every single other naysayer. What, pray tell, did you think you were adding to this topic by doing such a stupid thing? Enlighten us poor saps?

Eternal Darkness was a standout game which only suffered from poor marketing. Everyone who played it not only loved it, but remembered it as one of the defining games of the Gamecube. It was released to near-universal critical praise, and remains to this day one of the best horror games on any system, even without the graphical polish of its competition. It was the only horror game to be Nintendo-published and Nintendo-exclusive during the entire lifespan of the Gamecube, making it an important note in Nintendo's history. The characters, concept, locations and music of the game are 2nd-party and can be freely used by Nintendo. And Alex Roivas would make a very interesting Brawl character.

There's your reasons. You can go to any other "Character for Brawl" thread and find a similar list, even for characters that have already been confirmed. Sakurai doesn't need more reason than this to represent ED in Brawl. All it's up to is his judgment.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Why does everybody think, should she summon an ancient or use magic, it'd be green aligned? :p

As an aside, I have a friend who has 2 brothers. My friend always liked to play under the red alignment, and his two brothers liked Blue and green. Each thought theirs was "the hardest."

I myself like the green, because I get to play under what I call "hard mode" and never heal my sanity. So when these things look at me I lose tons of health eventually.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
vesperview, you can't argue your case without any knowledge at all of what you're arguing about. The first five pages of this thread are full of reasons why ED representation is plausible. Instead of reading them and noting them before making your argument, you barged in here and repeated the mantra of every single other naysayer. What, pray tell, did you think you were adding to this topic by doing such a stupid thing? Enlighten us poor saps?

Eternal Darkness was a standout game which only suffered from poor marketing. Everyone who played it not only loved it, but remembered it as one of the defining games of the Gamecube. It was released to near-universal critical praise, and remains to this day one of the best horror games on any system, even without the graphical polish of its competition. It was the only horror game to be Nintendo-published and Nintendo-exclusive during the entire lifespan of the Gamecube, making it an important note in Nintendo's history. The characters, concept, locations and music of the game are 2nd-party and can be freely used by Nintendo. And Alex Roivas would make a very interesting Brawl character.

There's your reasons. You can go to any other "Character for Brawl" thread and find a similar list, even for characters that have already been confirmed. Sakurai doesn't need more reason than this to represent ED in Brawl. All it's up to is his judgment.
I wholeheartedly agree.

Besides, characters don't really have "chances" even though I and other people use this term all the time. It doesn't matter how "important" a character was, and being popular helps, but is not necessary. If they've been on a Nintendo console(and ED is Nintendo exclusive, mind you, and not even third party), they're fair game.

If Sakurai sees a character he likes, he isn't going to be all like "Well, Eternal Darkness didn't really sell well, so I think instead of Alex I'll just put in Birdo because everybody likes more Mario characters!"

As a Mother fan, you have to acknowledge that any success Mother 3 had was almost exclusively due to Ness' appearances in SSB and SSBM, because as far as I know, the other 2 weren't exactly well advertised or overly popular, though they were still very good. I could be wrong here, because I don't know much about Mother, but it seems like before Ness' inclusion, it was in a similar situation as ED. It was a great series that went largely ignored because of bad marketing, or whatever other reason.

Anyways, I hope Sakurai at least considers Alex. Even an Assist Trophy or regular trophy would do it for me. Just some kind of acknowledgement, because this series just gets shunned everywhere, and it really doesn't deserve it.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
sorry vesperview, but your error was mainly using the word "Don't Deserve"

the only way that ED doesn't have any representation, not even a single throphy, is that noone of Sakurai team has ever played the game, which, is a bit unlikely...

as duderino stated, ED is a game that won't be easily forgotten ...

In fact, i s one of the most remembered gamecube games by the gamers which aren't nintendo fanboys (not in the disrespectful use of the word), mainly multiplataformers and PC gamers (at least here in Chile) and again, I haven't met anyone who have finished the game at least once and doesn't remember the details of the game.

Also, here it's a gemcube game that it stills sells, and doesn't stay too long in the shelves of "used games".

Then i can say that at least in america, it wasn't a game which went unnoticed or haven't made it itself a name, if it's obscure it's because the poor marketing and the maturity of the game, (when I say maturity, i doesn't refer to the ESRB rating or the levels of blood, I refer to the contents and the way in which someone enjoys the game) not because the game have been an "epic fail" or something like that.

also.. don't you remember the name of the ninja in the game? i mean, that's a question which everyone who played eternal darkness could answer and the last time i read in wikipedia, it wasn't there :p

vesperview

Smash Hero
No, I'm calling you out on the fact that you're BASHING A GAME YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED because you can't even answer four simple questions about the game.

So, ONE MORE TIME, the ninja: what was his name?

Answer it or you're a liar reading guides off of gamefaqs. Anyone who has played ED could answer this question in seconds. The fact that you haven't suggests to me that you are indeed lying about having played the game.

No, because anyone who played the game would have called them "sanity effects" because that's the coined phrase. Just more proof that you haven't played the game and that you're lying so you have an excuse to troll up this thread.
I won't answer your little game, because I don't give a **** if you believe I played the game or not, I could ask you questions about a game you played years ago and you will obviously not be able to remember every tiny detail, so believe what you want, you're really looking foolish attempting to prove stuff like that over here.

As for the rest of your post, Earthbound was popular in Japan? Well, Metroid was extremely UNpopular in Japan and yet Samus was in the game from day one.
Get your facts straight, only the three Prime games are not popular in Japan.

What's your argument? That a game needs to have a lot of sales? Both Ice Climber and Kid Icarus, for their time, didn't sell well at all. Back then selling a million copies was pretty commonplace. These games weren't the powerhouse franchises that Mario, DK, Yoshi, etc. are.
Kid Icarus was popular in it's time, it even had a sequel and the Ice Climbers were in because they were retro and Sakurai liked them.

3. Owned in whole by Nintendo and SK plans to do a sequel sometime down the road WITH Nintendo.
Yeah, as if you can prove that.:rolleyes:

The fact that it was an excellent game notwithstanding, what is your argument?
That it won't get a rep, because it's not popular despite how incredibly good you think the game is, it has zero retro status, terrible sales, the company is gone, is not even on the polls to give it the benefit of the doubt, really you're reaching for the stars here.

I can see why he lost that sarcastic award lol. He's not even sarcastic in the least bit. He's overly direct and pompous. Sarcastic is saying something with a sinister tone. He was NOT sarcastic so frankly, I do not know why people voted for him as sarcastic. Plus, his posts are usually criticisms right off the bat. That's not sarcastic. That's just being a total vain aserine narcissus. I wonder if he's a puny pudgy person who's got nothing to do all day than wander around a video game site. That's how I imagine him.
Oh, I didn't know I attempting to be sarcastic?:rolleyes: I don't really care what your perception of me is and really a guy who spends all his time here making redundant and crappy threads shouldn't be criticizing.

So let's just wait the two weeks so this thread can be locked, it's really pointless to try to get some sense in the heads of all of you people in denial.:p

Zevox

Smash Lord
Why does everybody think, should she summon an ancient or use magic, it'd be green aligned? :p
Don't know. Personally, I'd rather each of her special moves have a different alignment (including a Mantorok one) and the final smash summon a random Ancient rather than a preset one. That would make more sense I think, given shes never restricted to one alignment during the game.

LightLink17 said:
As an aside, I have a friend who has 2 brothers. My friend always liked to play under the red alignment, and his two brothers liked Blue and green. Each thought theirs was "the hardest."

I myself like the green, because I get to play under what I call "hard mode" and never heal my sanity. So when these things look at me I lose tons of health eventually.
Personally, I thought Chattur'gha was the hardest, simply because his minions are so much stronger. They can take and deal more damage than the others. Xel'lotath's were more annoying than anything else - slightly higher sanity loss is easily offset by a minor healing spell after the fight and finishing blows are done, and the phantom limbs are more annoying than dangerous; and Ulyaoth's were a joke, with all his monsters having the fragility of Xel'lotath's without the phantom limbs advantage, and their self-destruct ability being easily halted and not particularly hard to dodge even if you didn't have time to interrupt them.

Zevox

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I won't answer your little game, because I don't give a **** if you believe I played the game or not, I could ask you questions about a game you played years ago and you will obviously not be able to remember every tiny detail, so believe what you want, you're really looking foolish attempting to prove stuff like that over here.
Off the record, I LOVE how flustered you're getting because you can't find the answer in any gamefaqs guide. Really, it's precious.

*ahem*

I give a **** if you played the game because you claimed you did earlier in the thread and used that as a basis for your argument that ED doesn't belong in Brawl.

You locked yourself into your argument, so deal with it.

Now, you answered the first three questions correctly but not the fourth. That would probably be because the first three could easily be answered in a gameFAQs guide.

Know why you didn't find the answer to the fourth in your game guides?

BECAUSE THERE WAS NO NINJA IN ETERNAL DARKNESS AND ANYONE WHO PLAYED THE GAME WOULD'VE KNOWN THAT IN A SECOND!

YOU'VE BEEN LYING ABOUT HAVING PLAYED THE GAME THIS ENTIRE TIME! LEAVE THIS THREAD AND NEVER COME BACK, YOU ROTTEN LIAR!

Ladies and gentlemen, vesperview here has lied about having played Eternal Darkness as an excuse to troll in this thread. Ignore him. He's not here to rationally discuss the potential inclusion of ED characters, he's here to be an irritating troll for the sake of being a troll.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Off the record, I LOVE how flustered you're getting because you can't find the answer in any gamefaqs guide. Really, it's precious.

*ahem*

I give a **** if you played the game because you claimed you did earlier in the thread and used that as a basis for your argument that ED doesn't belong in Brawl.

You locked yourself into your argument, so deal with it.

Now, you answered the first three questions correctly but not the fourth. That would probably be because the first three could easily be answered in a gameFAQs guide.

Know why you didn't find the answer to the fourth in your game guides?

BECAUSE THERE WAS NO NINJA IN ETERNAL DARKNESS AND ANYONE WHO PLAYED THE GAME WOULD'VE KNOWN THAT IN A SECOND!

YOU'VE BEEN LYING ABOUT HAVING PLAYED THE GAME THIS ENTIRE TIME! LEAVE THIS THREAD AND NEVER COME BACK, YOU ROTTEN LIAR!

Ladies and gentlemen, vesperview here has lied about having played Eternal Darkness as an excuse to troll in this thread. Ignore him. He's not here to rationally discuss the potential inclusion of ED characters, he's here to be an irritating troll for the sake of being a troll.
You obviously don't know the meaning of the phrase "mindgames", pathetic, I wasn't playing along, because I don't have to prove anything to you and stop making Eternal Darkness look as if it is in the same league as any of the other games represented in the Smash series, it only proves how much in denial you are.

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
Text that size is really unnecessary for a triviality like this. Chill, dude.

I have to say, though, vesper, do you seriously hold these character threads to that standard? That they're all supposed to be logical case presentations for characters that have a decent chance of inclusion? Let's be honest - this entire subforum is just a collection of fanboying for various characters, based primarily on "hey, it would be cool if..."

(I've never played Eternal Darkness. Is my opinion disqualified? XD)

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
You obviously don't know the meaning of the phrase "mindgames", pathetic, I wasn't playing along, because I don't have to prove anything to you and stop making Eternal Darkness look as if it is in the same league as any of the other games represented in the Smash series, it only proves how much in denial you are.
I give you EXHIBIT A: A troll in a trap!

That excuse might have worked if you had immediately refused to answer my questions, but the fact that you waited 15 minutes before posting again so you could look the answers up on gameFAQs was your undoing.

You took the lie further than you could handle it, and believe me and EVERYONE else here, had you ACTUALLY played Eternal Darkness, you'd have remembered in a split second that there was no ninja in the game.

So you can go on acting pompous and put-off like some offended diva, but it doesn't change the fact that myself and everyone here knows that you're a lying troll with nothing constructive to add to this discussion.

I don't care whether or not ED gets represented in this game. I just want to do what everyone else on these forums is free to do: speculate without the interruption of lying trolls.

I've never played the first Mario RPG, but that doesn't mean I go into the Geno support thread and claim he doesn't belong in the game and lie about having played it in a feeble attempt to back up my argument.

Once again, get out of this thread, you lying little troll.

Text that size is really unnecessary for a triviality like this. Chill, dude.
I sized it down a bit.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I give you EXHIBIT A: A troll in a trap!

That excuse might have worked if you had immediately refused to answer my questions, but the fact that you waited 15 minutes before posting again so you could look the answers up on gameFAQs was your undoing.

You took the lie further than you could handle it, and believe me and EVERYONE else here, had you ACTUALLY played Eternal Darkness, you'd have remembered in a split second that there was no ninja in the game.

So you can go on acting pompous and put-off like some offended diva, but it doesn't change the fact that myself and everyone here knows that you're a lying troll with nothing constructive to add to this discussion.

I don't care whether or not ED gets represented in this game. I just want to do what everyone else on these forums is free to do: speculate without the interruption of lying trolls.
No, I didn't answer the last question you edited in, because I knew it was a cheap trap and I didn't feel like playing that game anymore, given, had I answered that question you would've asked another one and another one and another one, and it's really pointless, now you can believe that or continue to try to prove crap that you can't prove to begin with, because this site crashes a lot because of traffic, I'm supposing you think that's a lie too and I really, really don't give a **** about it anymore.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
No, I didn't answer the last question you edited in, because I knew it was a cheap trap and I didn't feel like playing that game anymore, given, had I answered that question you would've asked another one and another one and another one, and it's really pointless,
No, you didn't answer it because you didn't know the answer because you never played Eternal Darkness, which is what makes you a lying troll.

Honestly, the ninja question was the easiest to answer out of all of them, if you had actually played the game.

There were only ever going to be four questions. I added the ninja one in as a trap because I knew the other three could be answered by a game guide. Had you answered it correctly, I would've had no choice but to believe you have played the game and asking any further questions would've been pointless and people would've started complaining at me for doing so.

It would look like I was harping on you unjustly, instead of revealing you for being the lying troll that you are.

I really, really don't give a **** about it anymore.
Good, then leave this thread. Go. Get out here. VAMOOSE!

You're not adding anything constructive to the thread so why are you still here?

vesperview

Smash Hero
No, you didn't answer it because you didn't know the answer because you never played Eternal Darkness, which is what makes you a lying troll.

Honestly, the ninja question was the easiest to answer out of all of them, if you had actually played the game.

There were only ever going to be four questions. I added the ninja one in as a trap because I knew the other three could be answered by a game guide.
Ok, I never said I played the game in it's entirety to be aware of every detail, I just played it and the fact that you edited out another question after I finished answering the other ones proves it was a trap and I'm not here to play your games.

Good, then leave this thread. Go. Get out here. VAMOOSE!

You're not adding anything constructive to the thread so why are you still here?
I don't care if I'm not adding any constructive criticism, since criticizing was the last thing I was doing, apparently everyone has to come here and kiss the *** of the supporters and talk about this characters as if they were shoe ins or you're a troll, how ironic, I won't leave because you seem to get annoyed very easily and that is quite entertaining:p

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Don't know. Personally, I'd rather each of her special moves have a different alignment (including a Mantorok one) and the final smash summon a random Ancient rather than a preset one. That would make more sense I think, given shes never restricted to one alignment during the game.
Yeah, that's my views on the subject. Maybe instead of random it'd be whichever alignment the attack she used last had?
Personally, I thought Chattur'gha was the hardest, simply because his minions are so much stronger.
Yeah, that's what my friend says.
Xel'lotath's were more annoying than anything else - slightly higher sanity loss is easily offset by a minor healing spell after the fight and finishing blows are done, and the phantom limbs are more annoying than dangerous;
Haha, here's an in-joke for you. You remember the Ram Dao that Karim got? Well I was watching my friend play once (and I convinced him this time to pick green so he could try playing like how I play), and he got the Ram Dao. And he goes "Awesome, I got the Woah Dam" And so I just bust out laughing because it'd be funny if it really was called the Woah ****, considering how it kills everything in one hit. Anyway, further in the game he started picking up torches and using them against the Xellotath zombies. And then we started calling that the Woah ****. It was funny.

Anyway, I say green is hardest because you can make it so. I'll just never heal sanity or do finishing blows. It means their gaze takes off lots of health, and their phantom limbs also hurt you. And the lack of finishing blows means they come back once.

and Ulyaoth's were a joke, with all his monsters having the fragility of Xel'lotath's without the phantom limbs advantage, and their self-destruct ability being easily halted and not particularly hard to dodge even if you didn't have time to interrupt them.
I once saw a Mantorok zombie beat an Ulyaoth zombie. It was hilarious.

Speaking of Karim, he'd make a good AT in his ghosty form.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
What is this "ninja" in ED? I played that game 3 times. I don't remember any ninja, in the traditional sense. And yes you hallucinate, Smash Brother. You never heard cries in the background? You never saw blood on the walls? Those are the character hallucinating.
The ninja was a trick question which versper couldn't answer because he lied about playing the game so he could justify trolling against its inclusion in Brawl.

And thank you for helping to prove my point that anyone who played ED would know in an instant that there was no ninja. :)

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Ok, I never said I played the game in it's entirety to be aware of every detail, I just played it and the fact that you edited out another question after I finished answering the other ones proves it was a trap and I'm not here to play your games.
You said:

"OK, in which part of my post did I say that I didn't play the game? Oh, just because I'm not completely biased and think that this game it means I didn't play it? Please, the game didn't even sell and you're telling me it deserves a spot?"

So I gave you a dirt-easy "quiz" to see if you had actually played the game. You failed. Like I said, it would have been the EASIEST question to answer, if you had actually played Eternal Darkness.

And now you're saying you DIDN'T play the game? Or you played "part" of the game?

I don't care if I'm not adding any constructive criticism, since criticizing was the last thing I was doing, apparently everyone has to come here and kiss the *** of the supporters and talk about this characters as if they were shoe ins or you're a troll, how ironic, I won't leave because you seem to get annoyed very easily and that is quite entertaining:p
Thank you for admitting that you are a troll.

vesperview

Smash Hero
And now you're saying you DIDN'T play the game? Or you played "part" of the game?
It's pretty obvious what that says.

Thank you for admitting that you are a troll.
I never admitted anything, I just said I wouldn't leave just because you wanted to and that it is entertaining to see you getting worked up over this game not getting a rep, to the point of start making quizzes because you can't argue in favor of it.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I never admitted anything, I just said I wouldn't leave just because you wanted to and that it is entertaining to see you getting worked up over this game not getting a rep, to the point of start making quizzes because you can't argue in favor of it.
I've nothing left to say to you. I've:

-proven you're lying about having played ED
-proven you're here just to troll this thread
-proven that you have absolutely no argument against the game beyond "it didn't sell well" and "I don't like it, even though I never played it"

I'm going to go back to discussing Eternal Darkness now. Bye.

Yeah, that's my views on the subject. Maybe instead of random it'd be whichever alignment the attack she used last had?
What if she was like Olimar in that she could hit downB to change alignments and her attacks behaved differently depending upon which ancient she was channeling at the time?

I don't mean different animations, I mean she'd have different strengths, different magical effects, etc. Maybe Chut'turga would make her slow and powerful while Ulyoth would make her quicker and more nimble...

I love the ideas for the Pokemon Trainer and Olimar because it adds so much depth to the characters.

I actually predict playing these deeper characters instead of my previous mains because they have so much more to them.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I've nothing left to say to you. I've:

-proven you're lying about having played ED
-proven you're here just to troll this thread
-proven that you have absolutely no argument against the game beyond "it didn't sell well" and "I don't like it, even though I never played it"

I'm going to go back to discussing Eternal Darkness now.
"Yeah, I'll avoid the other part of the argument because I can't argue it:psycho:" it's been a pleasure proving to you how Eternal Darkness won't even get a sticker, unpopular, failed game, by your logic is in the same league as Olimar or Isaac, go take your medication, you haven't proven anything and saying that "I didn't play ED:psycho:" is all of what your argument has become, no one needs an excuse to troll this thread, this is the easiest thread to troll.

Bye to you too:p

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
What if she was like Olimar in that she could hit downB to change alignments and her attacks behaved differently depending upon which ancient she was channeling at the time?

I don't mean different animations, I mean she'd have different strengths, different magical effects, etc. Maybe Chut'turga would make her slow and powerful while Ulyoth would make her quicker and more nimble...

I love the ideas for the Pokemon Trainer and Olimar because it adds so much depth to the characters.

I actually predict playing these deeper characters instead of my previous mains because they have so much more to them.
I'd be afraid we'd end up with another Zelda, with one alignment being obviously better.

*sigh* can u people stop bumpin this lousy thread?
Thanks for bumping this thread!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'd be afraid we'd end up with another Zelda, with one alignment being obviously better.
I'd think different alignments for different situations, similar to how Olimar will use different Pikmin for different situations.

If you're up against a heavy, use Chut'turga to counter their strength and heavy armor. Up against a light, like Diddy, pull out Ulyoth to be quicker.

If it worked along the same lines as the fatigue system with Pokemon Trainer, it could be doable, like Alex would keep running out of magic power and, much like in the game, it would need to replenish.

Maybe taxing the magic from one particular ancient would start damaging her with every move...

Top Bottom