• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Complete CSP Compendium

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
I have projects for a 20xx custom edition so I might get into it anyway ;)

JUSTN

Smash Apprentice
having a bit of a problem. when i use DAT Wizard i can get all of the CSPs onto a copy of the .usd file, but it wont let me import it because it is too large. what is the problem here and how do i fix it? the max CSPs i can get onto the .usd is 1. help

DRGN

Technowizard
I feel kinda bad for necrobumping the CSP Compedium, but I also feel like this shouldn't be lost in the rest of the Workshop.
Don't worry, I got yo back.

This won't be lost because I'm including it in the Melee Hacks and You OP.

I still want to do more CSPs at some point. (And maybe someday I'll even write a guide on my method for pixel-perfect in-game CSPs.)

Last edited:

mooki

Smash Apprentice
I feel like this thread should be stickied. It's just as important and useful as all the other stickies and acts as a collection thread.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Uhh, guys, did you know about this?:

Found it while wandering the Land of Forgotten Posts. The download is still good, too.

Mr. @ Doq Doq , I think we may need an OP update!

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
That is going to be a pain in the *** to update if I intend on separating them by char.
Lol, I know. I'm so sorry.

For now you could probably just link to that thread, and then maybe over time, separate them out and add them to your main list. Also, you should probably condense groups that all have the same pose into one (like you did with mine) to save space, since the list will get pretty tall. (Maybe spoilers too?)

Or maybe you'll get lucky and some kind souls will help you separate them out and format the sections. TBH I'd help but I already have like 17 things on my plate. XD

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Fighting Wire Frames
DRGN's pose

(download includes selection icons. Extra notes on these here.)

Code:
Fighting Wire Frames
[SIZE=2]DRGN's pose[/SIZE]

[URL='http://www.mediafire.com/download/6b7392c6y5ncmid/Fighting_Wire_Frames.zip'][IMG]http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/8e2d/ya4xqus4v371dvpzg.jpg[/IMG]  [IMG]http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/6883/7aef6lt17y7t18uzg.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
(download includes selection icons. Extra notes on these [URL='http://smashboards.com/threads/official-melee-texture-hack-thread.361190/page-26#post-18798943']here[/URL].)

Last edited:

Devilsbabe

Smash Rookie
I stumbled upon this today. It's too awesome not to be used somewhere but CSPs would probably be difficult what with all the different colors. Any ideas how these could be used?

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
Having a little bit of an issue with replacing CSPs. I've been following DRGN's mini-guide mostly to the letter. Acquired some .tpl files to replace my portraits and extracted my MnSlChr.usd file with GCR. The drag/drop function didn't seem to work for me so I manually added the DAT destination as the .usd file (same folder as .tpls), selected the tpl in the source textures section and put it in the perceived correct format. (File address --> offset) taking the offset from the spoiler chart. Select write to DAT, wizard claims success for overwriting one file (testing just fox neutral csp) but i end up with this glitchy portrait upon loading the game up after importing the .usd.

Any ideas as to what im screwing up here?
Im also using a custom MnSlChr.usd instead of the default and the 20xx iso, not sure if those would make a difference here.

It may be the .tpl file itself or something, because when i tried this before (a few days ago) i imported around 30 custom csps and some would work and some would glitch like this, one even rapidly flashing colors and then crashing the game.

DRGN

Technowizard
Having a little bit of an issue with replacing CSPs. I've been following DRGN's mini-guide mostly to the letter. Acquired some .tpl files to replace my portraits and extracted my MnSlChr.usd file with GCR. The drag/drop function didn't seem to work for me so I manually added the DAT destination as the .usd file (same folder as .tpls), selected the tpl in the source textures section and put it in the perceived correct format. (File address --> offset) taking the offset from the spoiler chart. Select write to DAT, wizard claims success for overwriting one file (testing just fox neutral csp) but i end up with this glitchy portrait upon loading the game up after importing the .usd.

Any ideas as to what im screwing up here?
Im also using a custom MnSlChr.usd instead of the default and the 20xx iso, not sure if those would make a difference here.

It may be the .tpl file itself or something, because when i tried this before (a few days ago) i imported around 30 custom csps and some would work and some would glitch like this, one even rapidly flashing colors and then crashing the game.
Note that the drag-and-drop feature for DTW2 is onto the program icon itself (the .exe) not the window while it's open. (This is something I'll be upgrading in DTW3, so it will work on the window. Also you won't even need to worry about offsets.)

My first thoughts are that either the offset you have for that texture is wrong, or something is up with the tpl itself. Does the filename end in _9? I'm pretty sure I put a warning in the program if it doesn't find an image type like that, but it wouldn't know it if you used the wrong type, like _8.

It could also be that you put a different texture in earlier that went to the wrong place. A good thing you could try would be to take that same tpl and try putting it into an original, unmodified MnSlChr file, and see if that corruption is still there. If you know you're using the right offset then that should tell you which file the problem is in. If everything looks good, then the problem is with your modified MnSlChr file, and you might have to start over with it, unless you have a back-up of it that you know doesn't have any problems. That's because the big problem with writing something to the wrong offset is that you might be overwriting image or palette headers (or other data structures that lead to textures), and simply trying to put the old texture back in to "revert" the change isn't going to go to those other offsets to reverse the damage.

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
Note that the drag-and-drop feature for DTW2 is onto the program icon itself (the .exe) not the window while it's open. (This is something I'll be upgrading in DTW3, so it will work on the window. Also you won't even need to worry about offsets.)

My first thoughts are that either the offset you have for that texture is wrong, or something is up with the tpl itself. Does the filename end in _9? I'm pretty sure I put a warning in the program if it doesn't find an image type like that, but it wouldn't know it if you used the wrong type, like _8.

It could also be that you put a different texture in earlier that went to the wrong place. A good thing you could try would be to take that same tpl and try putting it into an original, unmodified MnSlChr file, and see if that corruption is still there. If you know you're using the right offset then that should tell you which file the problem is in. If everything looks good, then the problem is with your modified MnSlChr file, and you might have to start over with it, unless you have a back-up of it that you know doesn't have any problems. That's because the big problem with writing something to the wrong offset is that you might be overwriting image or palette headers (or other data structures that lead to textures), and simply trying to put the old texture back in to "revert" the change isn't going to go to those other offsets to reverse the damage.
Wow, sometimes the simplest solution is the right one. Turns out the only reason it wasn't working was in the download (silent specter fox in the OP) the file was named silentfox tpl.tpl
I just renamed it to silentfox_9.tpl and it worked perfectly. Had no idea that file name was needed, I've crammed my head with all this melee hacking stuff in like two days so some things get lost in the cracks. Whoops. Thanks for the help though, sorry for taking forever to try it out.

Curve

Smash Rookie
sorry for this broad question and sounding lazy and not researching enough but how do you get the different poses and make them into the portraits? and how do you retexture them. I'm basically asking how do you create the CSPs. Sorry if I don't know what I'm saying

TRb

Smash Cadet
How do I change the color overlay that comes up in 20XX when you use an alternate costume?

Mapet

Smash Cadet
It seems I'm having a little trouble implementing these CSP's. I'm following the instructions perfectly, I get no errors, but I don't get the changed portrait. I'm using 20XX if that makes a difference.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. DTW was using the wrong offset.

Last edited:

Mapet

Smash Cadet
Blue Tron Captain Falcon

Note that the TPL is higher quality than this PNG, the image isn't the final version the TPL uses. I didn't know how to get a PNG with transparency/shadow from the one with magenta/lime green. lol jk

I can make more for the other colors if anyone wants them.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
I didn't know how to get a PNG with transparency/shadow from the one with magenta/lime green.
1. Make TPL
2. Inject
3. Redump PNG from Dolphin
4. ???
5. PROFIT!!!

Actually there's probably an easier way but this is the only way I know of as of now.

Curve

Smash Rookie
How do people have different textured csps for the regular portrait. Like theres different fox skins of the normal picture portrait

CeLL

Smash Lord
@Goxplex @ Doq Doq @ DRGN DRGN (Tagged because listed for requests, anyone feel free :D)

Can someone make vanilla CSPs for the esports textures?
[collapse=List]Fox:
Cloud 9 [Anutim]
TSM [Anutim]

Falco:
C9 [Anutim]
EG [Anutim]
LowLandLions [Anutim]
TSM [Anutim]

Marth:
CLG [SSB_Dan]
EMP [Anutim]

Falcon:
LowLandLions [Anutim]

Peach:
Alliance [SLAK]
EMP [Anutim][/collapse]

I really want to make these textures fit in, a lot of things look out of place to me if the textures are too far fetched or CSPs don't match.

DRGN

Technowizard
A little break from coding (sort of)....

3 downloads; one per character. They contain the standard _9 versions (with replacement colors for best quality _9) as well as the above _6 versions. You might be wondering why. Well, I think one day we're going to be able to use the much superior _6 versions in-games. So for now I'll make both kinds when I do CSPs.

Btw, the second Falcon is with a pose Veggies originally did, but I like it. Also I kinda like doing the pixel-perfect series', like I did with Samus/Zelda/Sheik, because when you're flipping through the costumes in-game, it really makes them seem professionally done if the images are exactly the same besides the actual textures. What do you guys think, would the second Falcon pose be a good candidate to do a Falcon series with? (Not promising anytime soon though... just, at some point.)

CeLL

Smash Lord
A little break from coding (sort of)....

3 downloads; one per character. They contain the standard _9 versions (with replacement colors for best quality _9) as well as the above _6 versions. You might be wondering why. Well, I think one day we're going to be able to use the much superior _6 versions in-games. So for now I'll make both kinds when I do CSPs.

Btw, the second Falcon is with a pose Veggies originally did, but I like it. Also I kinda like doing the pixel-perfect series', like I did with Samus/Zelda/Sheik, because when you're flipping through the costumes in-game, it really makes them seem professionally done if the images are exactly the same besides the actual textures. What do you guys think, would the second Falcon pose be a good candidate to do a Falcon series with? (Not promising anytime soon though... just, at some point.)
I like the far right Falco the most.

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g

That should give you some ideas once @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 's code is fully completed (with color feedback if you push the shoulder buttons, on ALL characters).

This is amazing, even more costumes than smash 4.

Achilles1515

Smash Master

That should give you some ideas once @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 's code is fully completed (with color feedback if you push the shoulder buttons, on ALL characters).

This is amazing, even more costumes than smash 4.
This is really cool, krvntn! Yeah...that's part of the new code. But I do not approve of taking out Green Ranger Falcon - the best costume ever created for Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Other things for taking in-game screenshots:

Disable Some Color Overlay Stuff
040bffd0 4e800020

Disable Some GFX Stuff (like little cloud poofs and stuff)
0409f834 4e800020

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
I have trouble making the exact same poses for the characters tho'.

I made one for Doc, Mario, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Fox and Falco, for all their colors. Pretty cool.

However I noticed some of my pals having trouble with it since there is no color feedback... @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 are you gonna make a code for that ? Or... Could I make it myself ?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I have trouble making the exact same poses for the characters tho'.
http://smashboards.com/threads/official-melee-texture-hack-thread.361190/page-16#post-18112723

http://smashboards.com/threads/official-melee-texture-hack-thread.361190/page-12#post-17880720

However I noticed some of my pals having trouble with it since there is no color feedback... @@achilles1515 are you gonna make a code for that ? Or... Could I make it myself ?
Yeah...Anutim disabled them. I'm not really gonna go into too much detail, because what you are using is not final.
This is from months ago...

New 20XX Alt Costumes Code

- Every player costume has the ability to have TWO alt costumes assigned to it.
So like....200+ alt costumes total....

- Press L for the "L Alternate Costume"
- Press R for the "R Alternate Costume"

- CSP background colors change to designate an alt costume is on (like in the current 20XX).
- The "bug"/laziness is fixed, so if you have a character fully selected, and hit L to go to the L Alt Costume, hitting L again will make them go back to the default costume AND will change their CSP background color back to the default.
- This isn't the case in the current 20XX and it is annoying and can give people the impression that PAL/an alt costume is on when it really isn't.

I spent a really f***ing long time a few weeks ago collecting all the alt costumes for use in the next 20XX and coming up with CSP color designations for each. Included in the above zip is all of these alt costumes. The Excel doc in the zip lists the names of all the alt costumes used, and the CSP background colors for each. (I gave no effort in making this document look nice).

I programmed it all in a really nice way, which makes it easy for you/anyone else who will eventually be using this code in 20XX to change alt costumes and to change the CSP background colors associated for that costume as well. It works like this:

PlCaNr.dat = Normal Falcon (like always)
PlCaNr.lat = Normal Falcon L Alt Costume
PlCaNr.rat = Normal Falcon R Alt Costume

Every costume for every character has these two files added, and you can change them as you please.

To change the CSP background color for an alt costume, you need to modify the CSP Color Table in the DOL that I created. I added in ASCII character names to make it easy for you to know where each characters starts.

The table begins at offset 0x407950 in the DOL.

There are two RGB hex values for each CSP background. The main background color, and then the little trim line. The main background color is first, and then the trim color comes immediately after.

Boxed in above, is the alt costume colors for Falcon. The orange are the L alt costume CSP colors. The green are the R alt costume CSP colors.

From top to bottom, is costume 1 to costume 6. You can figure out the costume number for a specific color by looking at the Excel doc. The numbers go in order for the colors listed for each character in that document.

Some characters don't have both L and R alt costumes for every costume color. Like Green DK for example. I could only find one texture mod for that, The Hulk.

So even though he doesn't have an R Alt costume, the game still switches his filename to PlDkGr.rat when you toggle it on. And no CSP background change will occur. (So it looks like nothing happened)

This is done to future-proof the code so you can still add in another Green DK alt costume in the future, assigned to the R toggle.

In a case like this, all I did was extract out the default PlDkGr.dat and rename it PlDkGr.rat. So even though it looks like nothing happened when you hit R on Green DK, you will technically be playing with PlDkGr.rat, but that file is the same as the default so it's all the same to the player.

To make no CSP background color change happen when you toggle on an L/R alt (so to make an L/R toggle not change from the default), designate:

CSP main background: 0x000000FF
CSP trim: 0x00000000

---------

If the version you are using has these three bytes for each player, leave them. (this was a later screenshot than the above)

Last edited:

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
I think I understand the stuff, it's awesome. However It seems you have put broken/unaccessible images inside the spoiler. I may have use of the excel too.

Thank you for the freeze code, I didn't have that one.

Last edited:

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
http://smashboards.com/threads/official-melee-texture-hack-thread.361190/page-16#post-18112723

http://smashboards.com/threads/official-melee-texture-hack-thread.361190/page-12#post-17880720

Yeah...Anutim disabled them. I'm not really gonna go into too much detail, because what you are using is not final.
[COLLAPSE="Notes"]
This is from months ago...

New 20XX Alt Costumes Code

- Every player costume has the ability to have TWO alt costumes assigned to it.
So like....200+ alt costumes total....

- Press L for the "L Alternate Costume"
- Press R for the "R Alternate Costume"

- CSP background colors change to designate an alt costume is on (like in the current 20XX).
- The "bug"/laziness is fixed, so if you have a character fully selected, and hit L to go to the L Alt Costume, hitting L again will make them go back to the default costume AND will change their CSP background color back to the default.
- This isn't the case in the current 20XX and it is annoying and can give people the impression that PAL/an alt costume is on when it really isn't.

I spent a really f***ing long time a few weeks ago collecting all the alt costumes for use in the next 20XX and coming up with CSP color designations for each. Included in the above zip is all of these alt costumes. The Excel doc in the zip lists the names of all the alt costumes used, and the CSP background colors for each. (I gave no effort in making this document look nice).

I programmed it all in a really nice way, which makes it easy for you/anyone else who will eventually be using this code in 20XX to change alt costumes and to change the CSP background colors associated for that costume as well. It works like this:

PlCaNr.dat = Normal Falcon (like always)
PlCaNr.lat = Normal Falcon L Alt Costume
PlCaNr.rat = Normal Falcon R Alt Costume

Every costume for every character has these two files added, and you can change them as you please.

To change the CSP background color for an alt costume, you need to modify the CSP Color Table in the DOL that I created. I added in ASCII character names to make it easy for you to know where each characters starts.

The table begins at offset 0x407950 in the DOL.

There are two RGB hex values for each CSP background. The main background color, and then the little trim line. The main background color is first, and then the trim color comes immediately after.

Boxed in above, is the alt costume colors for Falcon. The orange are the L alt costume CSP colors. The green are the R alt costume CSP colors.

From top to bottom, is costume 1 to costume 6. You can figure out the costume number for a specific color by looking at the Excel doc. The numbers go in order for the colors listed for each character in that document.

Some characters don't have both L and R alt costumes for every costume color. Like Green DK for example. I could only find one texture mod for that, The Hulk.

So even though he doesn't have an R Alt costume, the game still switches his filename to PlDkGr.rat when you toggle it on. And no CSP background change will occur. (So it looks like nothing happened)

This is done to future-proof the code so you can still add in another Green DK alt costume in the future, assigned to the R toggle.

In a case like this, all I did was extract out the default PlDkGr.dat and rename it PlDkGr.rat. So even though it looks like nothing happened when you hit R on Green DK, you will technically be playing with PlDkGr.rat, but that file is the same as the default so it's all the same to the player.

To make no CSP background color change happen when you toggle on an L/R alt (so to make an L/R toggle not change from the default), designate:

CSP main background: 0x000000FF
CSP trim: 0x00000000

---------

If the version you are using has these three bytes for each player, leave them. (this was a later screenshot than the above)

[/COLLAPSE]
I have to say, @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 you are a super saiyan god amongst super saiyen.

Changed the first color of Falcon to 0090FF--FFFFFF--D8D8D8--EA0000--

Last edited:
Top Bottom