• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yeah. I've already got all the collision done, as well. I also took the fall-through part, made it not fall-through. Stretching the second broken platform over more, and making it a ceiling (So that the area underneath is completely inaccessible,) may also be a good idea.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
fropo, we need you on npc+ to remove that there invisible platform hitbox

alternatively, you could tell me where you found it in big blue ;)

really, amk, the limo is just not needed, reversing it is good enough

and what exactly did you change from my edit? the camera? death boundaries?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yeah. I've already got all the collision done, as well. I also took the fall-through part, made it not fall-through. Stretching the second broken platform over more, and making it a ceiling (So that the area underneath is completely inaccessible,) may also be a good idea.
Personally, I like the ability to got up from under the middle part, but not drop down from it (with no small platform under that, of course), like how the previous test .pac had it. It just adds a subtle thing that makes the stage different. But it's not like it'll change much if it's gone.

Oh, and with NPC+ having the hittable, invisible platform, you might want to remove it from the "Finished stages" section for now.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
fropo, we need you on npc+ to remove that there invisible platform hitbox

alternatively, you could tell me where you found it in big blue ;)

really, amk, the limo is just not needed, reversing it is good enough

and what exactly did you change from my edit? the camera? death boundaries?
i'll get on that.

@PC: done...i think i got a bit carried away in editing the OP :laugh:

Oh, and FroHo, i'm mirroring PTAD+ in the new permanent folder for all completed stages (current population: 2) on my mediafire account so we dont have to go through crappy megafileuplaod and its waiting times
sounds good. i'll take it out of my post.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I took out limo, raised the bottom, lowered the top (it was a little high) and adjusted the camera boundaries accordingly. It's far closer to standard stages now in that respect. And I made two little ceilings on the right ledge into right walls. It was a final destination sort of thing.

Nooooooooo frobohozo! :( I rnt n wbr

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
well you can keep your stuff here. DX like i said, still use this for the completed stuff/get community input on ideas.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
here is an idea for Mario Bros

Make that the viewable area, maybe make it a little wider.

it's not perfect but I think it could be worked. Also zooming in like that makes the characters a more reasonable size.

on Spear Pillar, how about instead of having the kill zone right at the edge of the platform which allows abuse of spikes too much, lower it so it's JUST above the bottom platform so you can't land on it.

One more thing, is it possible to import the level data from melee stages that didn't make it into brawl? what about smash 64 stages?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
here is an idea for Mario Bros

Make that the viewable area, maybe make it a little wider.

it's not perfect but I think it could be worked. Also zooming in like that makes the characters a more reasonable size.

on Spear Pillar, how about instead of having the kill zone right at the edge of the platform which allows abuse of spikes too much, lower it so it's JUST above the bottom platform so you can't land on it.

One more thing, is it possible to import the level data from melee stages that didn't make it into brawl? what about smash 64 stages?
It'd be better to use the WHOLE stage and turn the floors into platforms like Luigi Brah.

Anywho...

I'm sure you all know of Snake's main stage...

Shadow Moses

Correct?

You do?

Good.

We all know how that stage is imfamous in the competitive community for D3's wall infinite in Brawl, but also for its walk offs and wall shenanigans and how its stage-high walls prevent any horizontal KOs until the wall is broken, super buffing indirectly characters who are good at Vertical KOs such as Fox and GaW and Snake.

Because of this, this stage is generally banned from all competitive play, in both Brawl and Brawl+...

...until possibly now...

I present to you...

Shadow Moses+

The idea behind this stage is a simple one.

Remove the floor and remove the walls. Make the now floating-above-bottom-blastzones platforms un-passable from above, but from below, and attach ledges to both sides of the platforms and the higher main ground.

It's a radical idea, but with no stage holding even a remotely similar lay out to something like this, who is to say if it would work or not.

There is only one way to find out...

...end transmission...

....so ya lawl

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
froho: umad bro
if anythin, it should be the other way around

pc: 2gud, but the current progress section is my progress, not the whole
and takin it to the wbr? hell naw. i dont abandon my dudes, bro

amk: :( @ ur non-wbr-iness
but thats cool, all we need is froho on the collision box and were set for npc+

PO/Neko: ill take a look at MB and see what i can do

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
woah

neko

when did you learn to make magic

<3 SMI+

but no can do 2nite

esp not on a mobile

and its Maestro, brah

unless u just stylin on me

EDIT: or is that just an idea

watevvs

*puts on current progress list*

i b stylin on u brah

MaestroKirby brah.

Good **** tho. Froho says he wants to work on SMI+ too.

Neko is a beast and I love him, and, indirectly, his SMI+ idea.
i no im pretty tight yo.

neko beast mode transform and roll out.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'm fapping to it as we speak.

anyway, i think i have a working DP, but i need to fix the spawn points (making the left side a wall means people just fall to their death at the start of the match @_@). since we'll have the water going i may just try making that part near the ledge a wall and leave the rest of it as ground (since you'll be swept away instantly anyway). over all, its a fun map that makes you have to think to recover. i should have the pac done by tomorrow.

DISTANT PLANET+!!! HYPE!!!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
surprisingly little. once its done i'll see about putting up a pac. needless to say, there will be no circle camping or walk off problems.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yo Val im really happy for ya and imma let you finish but I'm the greatest stage tester of all time.

OF ALL TIME.

MaestroKirby, Hit me up with some pacs later on.

Also, I am 100% certain that after consistant play on MK1-2, that the plats need to be consistant.

That and teh stage is unplayable online because it ALWAYS desyncs.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Yeah, the platforms need to be consistent in MK 1-2. Played against a friend there yesterday. He was unlucky enough to lose 3 stocks because the platforms were absent, and then they'd come a while after he died. Otherwise, I love the stage and its' concept. And unlike the other edited stages I'm using, I didn't even bother to have this one button activated.

I wouldn't know if the stage desynchs online, since I seldom get to play online with anyone(FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuuuuu-)

Congrats on making it into the WBR by the way.

As for Rumble Falls, is it possible to remove the speedup? That and MAYBE the 45 degree spike.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
I looked through the whole thread for a link to the most updated version of Final Destination with no lips, and was very, very unsuccessful. Can anyone help me out, or is it still in production?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
we didn't make it, so it won't be here.

DP+ pac is done, but the full stage requires unreleased codes, so you guys will have to settle for pics/vids until the DLC becomes available.

edit: i think i might have removed the hitbox from NPC. i'll test it now and if it does work i'll upload it after math class.

edit edit: it does work and i'll upload it when i get back. plus, DP+ seems to be working fine *crosses fingers*

i'm also taking a look at BB+ to see if i can't fix a lot of the problems.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
shadic: no u
and 'and Shadic' is one more letter than 'The Brawl' ;)
1) lolwut?
2) "& Shadic" :p For a WBR member, you gotta be crafty, man. Rep proudly!

I looked through the whole thread for a link to the most updated version of Final Destination with no lips, and was very, very unsuccessful. Can anyone help me out, or is it still in production?
I posted it... Elsewhere. I should really port it over here. If you want it before I bother with that though, scan my old posts. I think I quoted Alphatron or something and replied with a link to it fairly recently, if that helps?

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Okay, why is that the topic name? Come on. I didn't sign up, I only opened the topic the day of. I'm like "WBR apps are due tonight... wonder what this is"

I don't get this all this "& Shadic" < "The Brawl" business. It's all very mysterious. oic k nvm

How you removed NPC ninja-platform hotbacks? tell at me

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
brawlbox is a mysterious application... and i'm a ninja with its controls. JUDO CHOP!

anyway, as i'm waiting for it to upload, i think i'll edit the platforms on the summit so that they aren't slippery, but the main stage is.

also, i'm taking a look t GHZ to see what i can find.

edit: here you go. maestro can mirror it when he gets on.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zzj5mjzmilx

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Why does it have to be mirrored? Mediafire's good.

So you just threw it back on the z axis and it worked? I swear I tried to just move the thing like 3 times and it didn't work in game. I don't even know what I did wrong but it must've been really stupid.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i moved it on the x-axis, not z. and by mirrored i mean so all of the files can be found on maestro's mediafire and not spread out.

edit: Summit+ seems to not like it when you mess with its slippery-ness. eh, the stage is still fine with the icy platforms, so no biggie.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Then that must've been something I tried that didn't work but I didn't change it back. I'm looking at ModelData[2], kowareIta.

Oh, no way... The thing I was messing with was just for the destruction animation. The actual bone was with the rest of the stage. Bahh don't mind me I'm just angerfrustrate. Good work though. I seriously wouldn't have found that... shame.

Top Bottom