• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The common ansester! Mew for DLC!

Do you want mew playable?

• Total voters

The Smashor

Smash Cadet
Now, I will put the arguements you may have, and counter them.

1. Nobody likes mew.

I like mew, and others probably do to.

2. Mew is already a Pokeball.

That pokeball is really rare (I never got it) so if it dosn't matter if it dosn't appear if mew is being played.

3. He is too small.

No, he isn't. :4olimar: is an inch tall and he's in this game. Is size accuracy even a thing in this game?

4. :151:will be a clone of:4mewtwo:.
Mew and Mewtwo have very different attacks.

Now, put your ideas for a moveset below!

Mew is a pokeball pokemon unfortunately deconfirming him. Deconfirmed threads are not allowed and a lock is probably incoming.

Sorry

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
I don't really want Mew at all. If some people want it playable then fine, but it should have very low priority to getting in the game as a fighter.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Thing is unlike other NPC's mew is a bit of a 'special case.' Mew is often described as being very mysterious and elusive and it's role in Smash reflects this as it has 1/700 or so odds of appearing (I actually encountered him quite a bit on the rare occasions I play with items) Making Mew a playable character defeats the whole idea of it being a mystery, thus making it's rare appearance more of an event if it does happen.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
While I personal wouldn't want another Gen I Pokemon rep, Mew does have an unlimited amount of potential, having access to all TM and almost all Tutor moves in the game.

Here are some ideas for its Special moves:
Specials
Neutral
Calm Mind: Mew encases itself in a bubble, which increases its Defense and Specials' strength but decreases its speed and makes it lighter.

or

Psychic: Mew releases an aura of psychic energy around itself. Any enemy or projectile that hits this aura will be frozen in time for 3 seconds. Afterwards, projectiles will be reflected.

Side
Zen Headbutt: Mew charges forward, headfirst, with an orb of psychic energy in front of it. When Mew hits an enemy with this move, it will stop but the orb will continue to go forward, damaging enemies it passes through.

or

Baton Pass: Mew swipes forward with its tail and switches places with any enemy/projectile/item it hits, with enemies being spun and projectiles being reflected.

Up
Sky Attack: Mew encases itself in a bubble and charges in the direction the user inputs. Damages any enemy it comes in contact with.

or

Magnet Rise: Mew gains the ability to hover in the air for 5 seconds but becomes lighter.

Down
Pain Split: Mew release a psychic burst around itself, averaging out all damage amounts the fighters in the area. Cannot be used for 10 seconds afterwards and damage Mew if tried.

or

Psybeam: Mew releases a beam of psychic energy forward. Damages enemies. Has a 50% chance of spinning them.

Final Smash
Hyper Beam: Mew teleports to in front of the screen and fires off Hyper Beam for a few seconds. Players can aim the Hyper Beam anywhere on screen.

Top Bottom