• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ChunSoft Thread: Zero Escape Series & Banshee's Last Cry

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
AWWWWW YEAAHHH!! And it's coming sooner than I thought too!

And now the hardest part begins... Waiting about 9-10 months for the game without spoiling myself! :|

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hope some of you haven't forgotten about the sequel that's coming soon!

Here's a little sample piece of music from the game to get you guys excited again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VSCJAWEPRo&feature=related ;)

Probably my favorite song from the series so far... just amazing.

Haven't forgotten at all, of course. My question is: Since when they made 999 they didn't plan on making a sequel, does Zero Escape force them to change or retcon some of the canon things the developer's talked about?

Also, as to who the potential 'evil' one of the new group might be (if there IS one, this is non-spoiler of course since I have no idea), my bet's on the red haired chick, or the old guy.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
To be honest I have no idea, but based off of what I've heard about the story so far it has a lot of elements that directly relate to the events that happened in 999. So my guess is that the writers were able to make the new story while staying true to the "999 universe" if that makes any sense. I do have a few questions that I really hope this story answers though...

Don't read these spoiler tags if you haven't finished 999 though!!

1. Zero was shown in the trailer, which is probably a hint that Zero could very well be the mastermind behind this new Nonary game just like in the 1st. Sooooo is that Zero still June? If that isn't June, then who is it? Is there more than one Zero? What is Zero's relationship with "Zero the Third?"

2. The Nonary game in 999 was a carefully planned-out scheme made by June/Santa so that June could rescue herself as well as get back at Ace and his henchmen. What's the overall goal of this new Nonary Game?

3. Alice was nothing but a mysterious side-story character in 999 (as well as a teaser ending) and now she's a full blown out character... Remember she died THOUSANDS of years ago (trapped in ICE-9) and now she's somehow back and in the Nonary Game? Where the hell are the writers trying to go with this character? Her entire presence in this game just doesn't make sense to me... I really hope the writers knew what they were doing when they decided to make her a crucial part of the story this time.

But anyways, if there is anything you should take note of for this story, it's that the writers made Virtue's Last Reward with the intention of there being a 3rd 999. They're going for a trilogy so expect this one to end with some cliff-hangers. Actually, 999 did end with some cliff-hangers as well though. That makes me wonder if the writers were indeed aware of the possibility of a sequel.

Oh yeah and based off of the character profiles that I've read so far I also think Luna (the orange haired chick) is the most suspicious. I don't trust overly nice people anymore after 999. lol

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The biggest "WTF" to me is the clothing style of
Clover
in Zero Escape. I mean
Going from schoolgirl with a sweater to skimpy seems oddly out of character to me. But I'm likely overthinking.

Zero_Saber

Smash Apprentice
Looking forward to this game. It's one of four games that convinced me to buy a 3ds (the other 3 being Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario, and Fire Emblem).

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Oh, right, that game.

I still have not played through the true end of 999. :/

Though if I ever get a Vita I will not need to worry about this becoming hard to find, yay digital distribution. :3

I think I'll be getting Pokemon and Guilty Gear first.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm actually avoiding the demo, even though my bf has a Vita.

In a game that's so story-driven, I'd rather not know what's going on until I can play through the whole thing.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm trying to go in blind too. I considered reading up a bunch about 999 but, decided against it and to blind buy it. Was SO much better that way.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Well, the demo is pretty good at avoiding big spoilers, but whatever you're comfortable with.

I will say that the demo starts off with you either choosing to listen/read a part of the story, or play an escape (the puzzle parts).

And for anyone interested in spoilers, I guess XD:
the demo comes off as extremely reminiscent of the original 999. I know for a fact that the devs inserted more types of puzzles in the game. I would guess that they wanted to keep the demo restricted FROM the new stuff.

:phone:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So, I'm looking through Youtube since there's 6 days until Zero Escape comes out to try and see how the Demo's intro was and look up the English trailer, etc. And I stumble across something weird as hell, kinda disturbing, almost wrong, but absolutely hilarious at the same time. I have NO IDEA how or why this even exists, but it made me do a giant "WTF?" and laugh my arse off at the same time. Sure I heard stories about Japan being kinda weird and having some totally odd flash games, but I certainly didn't figure I'd see one like THIS, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORNlqA-U-x4

GaryOakBlue

Smash Rookie
So, I'm looking through Youtube since there's 6 days until Zero Escape comes out to try and see how the Demo's intro was and look up the English trailer, etc. And I stumble across something weird as hell, kinda disturbing, almost wrong, but absolutely hilarious at the same time. I have NO IDEA how or why this even exists, but it made me do a giant "WTF?" and laugh my arse off at the same time. Sure I heard stories about Japan being kinda weird and having some totally odd flash games, but I certainly didn't figure I'd see one like THIS, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORNlqA-U-x4
rofl

"japan"

what do you expect its japan. she was a psychopath the first game
unless you give her the 4 leaf clover that santa gave you implying you accepted it from santa.
now she became a w--re

no point in pre ordering it in my place when theres not that much people in to nintendo

let alone a heavy reading game.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
For anybody interested, the official site has the 9 uh...I guess we call them "Players" profiles up on the site, and just that rabbit left. As well, apparently the actual release date is the 24th and the 23rd is just when places get it/ship it out.

There's a discussion going on about people speculating who K might be. Seven would be obvious, so my only guess would be that since K is the 11th letter in the alphabet and that 1+1=2, and 2 equals the 2nd most popular character in Japan...But of course that's entirely a guess and it could wind up being Lotus or a new character completely for all I know. So uh yeah, don't worry about that being spoiler because I'm trying to go in blind too.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I know I'm double posting, but I think there's just a 12 hour rule. Anyway, Arcsys put up a Special OVA hyping Virtue's Last Reward that's in English, if anybody wants to check it out. I haven't seen more than the first 30 seconds of it yet (I have it paused as I type this), so I don't know if it contains minor spoilers or not.

Anyway, if you want to see it, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h4xPoe4w1g

Edit: Yeah, no doubt that's Makoto's VA doing the rabbit. I swear after I finish with VLR, I'll never look at Blazblue the same again.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Less than 2 days to go!!

I think I might do a quick run through of the
Safe
and
True
endings before my copy gets here.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Same here man! Words can't even describe how shocked I was when
she dropped the 3 watches on the floor.
I could have sworn I was doing everything right up until that point. And then
the creepy music started playing... the axe... THE FACE...
I was so shocked and disturbed at the same time that I had to sleep with my lamp on.

Man what a great experience... I'm really hoping the sequel will supply me with more moments like that.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I just hope that Zero Escape doesn't have an equivalent of the Safe Ending or a True ending that I stumble into. Like, I hope I can get like all bad ones > the Safe one > True one, (assuming the game has those) without knowing which is which. And since I'll get it 2-3 days after it's out since it has to arrive in the mail from Amazon, there may be a spoiler-free thing I could use after my first ending to figure out "as long as you don't go here, you won't get it". If...I so want to.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Well I won't go into too much detail (I'm not sure how much you know) but the way Zero Escape is set up you should be able to definitely tell when you get to the true ending.

EDIT: Nice Ninja there S4kurazaki -.-

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Lol, I was one of those people who were like:

"Oh, okay."

At that ending.
That was my thought.

Then I went through two more dead ends and the safe ending and became tired of everything before the end on the game.

Still need that true ending. :/

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It's interesting (well to me at least) how everyone has a different level psychological tolerance for different kinds of horror.

Take my sister and I for example; she's extremely afraid of bugs while I sit here and laugh the thought of being afraid of something like a roach. But on the other hand, I'm really paranoid/jumpy when it comes to scary movies, novels, etc., while my sister can sit through a movie like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre at 3 am with all of the lights off by herself with no issues.

The mind works in mysterious ways.

Top Bottom