• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chat Waker - Toon Link social

D

Deleted member

Welcome to Smashboards, @ Kleric Kleric !
Actually, I made those Young Link smileys. You are most welcome to use them :). Also, WHY ARE YOU HAPPY IN LETTING ME BE SUFFOCATED BE A PILLOW?!

Well, while it could go for a lot of money, why wouldn't you just keep it?
I'm happy about you getting suffocated by a pillow because it's fun. And you made those smileys? They're really, really good. Also, why keep the CD when you can sell it and get money for it? :p

Money Match me figs I'm best TL on the board and if I'm not I'll become so good I will become the best TL on the board
ps don't mm me i don't have money
I like fig newtons.
So many Gay mains keep saying random stuff about figs lately lol. Is there some sort of joke about figs that I'm missing?
Why are toon link boards dying ... never see anyone on toon link boards
You do realize there's more to this board than just the social thread, right? Also, I hear there's this thing called "posting" if you think the board is too inactive.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
You do realize there's more to this board than just the social thread, right? Also, I hear there's this thing called "posting" if you think the board is too inactive.
Across the entire Toon Link board, there have been roughly 30 posts since Monday. That's slightly more than 7 posts per day. He's not wrong. :laugh:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Across the entire Toon Link board, there have been roughly 30 posts since Monday. That's slightly more than 7 posts per day. He's not wrong. :laugh:
Well I'll be, if it isn't Disfunkshunal a.k.a. Toondiddy. You should pop in more often, maybe share some sage advice every once in a while. Look at this, what is this XD, you're telling me the boards aren't active enough, and yet the last time you posted here was back in November 2014? Seems to me like you're part of the problem wouldn't you say XD?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I've been around lurking, even liked a few posts over the months =P. Truth is I don't spend much time on the main forums. When I venture out I stalk this board and the competitive forum but overwise, I spend my time in a social group.

Kleric

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrOrdun
Welcome to Smashboards, @ Kleric Kleric !
So many Gay mains keep saying random stuff about figs lately lol. Is there some sort of joke about figs that I'm missing?
I'm not so sure myself... but I did hear "figs" used elsewhere. I recall in the youtuber Markiplier's playthrough of the ridiculous game "First Person Lover" (It's not what you'd think it is), somewhere in the game he came across protesters holding up signs that said "God hates figs" (Obviously intended to be religious homophobic protesters without using the actual slur). Perhaps people started using "figs" as a joke from that? My guess is as good as anyone elses. :p

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm happy about you getting suffocated by a pillow because it's fun. And you made those smileys? They're really, really good. Also, why keep the CD when you can sell it and get money for it? :p
Well, it's not fun for me. Yeah, i made them. thanks. There not the great really XD. Because it is a rare collectors item with some of the best Nintendo music and if you keep it, it's value could go up. Maybe. I would keep it.

just came to say hi :) new to smash boards,but not really good with navigation :p how you all doin?

Welcome, welcome. You will enjoy it here :)

I am fine thanks you. How about you?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I've been around lurking, even liked a few posts over the months =P. Truth is I don't spend much time on the main forums. When I venture out I stalk this board and the competitive forum but overwise, I spend my time in a social group.
You do still play Toon though right? Because we'd always welcome more experienced posts in the stage, matchup, metagame, video critique, and Q/A threads. Don't be a stranger. And don't leave a 4 month gap between now and your next post XD.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I'll shoot for three months this round then =P. Nah, school keeps me pretty busy but I'll find time to contribute.

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
I've been looking for videos of high level Toon Link play and I can't find any where he is winning, anyone have vids of TL doing good at top 16/semi's/finals/grand finals? Kinda discouraging not being able to find good results for the best character.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
D

Deleted member

just came to say hi :) new to smash boards,but not really good with navigation :p how you all doin?
Welcome to Smash Boards!
Well, it's not fun for me. Yeah, i made them. thanks. There not the great really XD. Because it is a rare collectors item with some of the best Nintendo music and if you keep it, it's value could go up. Maybe. I would keep it.
That's still a reason to eventually sell it though lol. Also, you should make smileys like that of Gay. It's kind of surprising how hard it is to find smileys of him. I've looked a ton but couldn't really find any.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
That's still a reason to eventually sell it though lol. Also, you should make smileys like that of Gay. It's kind of surprising how hard it is to find smileys of him. I've looked a ton but couldn't really find any.
True, true. I actually have 2 smileys of Gay right now. Want to see them?

:toonlink::4tlink:

:troll:

No seriously, if you have any pictures, whether they are Gay or not, that you want to be smileys, I'll do it for you guys. :)

D

Deleted member

So I was messing around with Hoo Hah the other day and think I'm really liking his playstyle. I wanted to main him in Brawl since I really like the Donkey Kong Country games, but he just didn't feel right to me in that game. Now that he feels so much more fun to play with in Smash 4, I've been thinking about it and in all honesty I think I'm going to drop Gay. As much fun to play as and fabulous as Gay is and as much as I love Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, Hoo Hah is so much more fun, fits my playstyle better, is actually a good character, and is from 2 of my favorite games when I was a kid (DKC 1 and 2). Considering that, there's no reason for me to stick with Gay over Hoo Hah anymore.
True, true. I actually have 2 smileys of Gay right now. Want to see them?

:toonlink::4tlink:

:troll:

No seriously, if you have any pictures, whether they are Gay or not, that you want to be smileys, I'll do it for you guys. :)
Is that supposed to be revenge for me letting you get a pillow in your face? Though the thing for Brawl Gay is the epitome of adorableness.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So I was messing around with Hoo Hah the other day and think I'm really liking his playstyle. I wanted to main him in Brawl since I really like the Donkey Kong Country games, but he just didn't feel right to me in that game. Now that he feels so much more fun to play with in Smash 4, I've been thinking about it and in all honesty I think I'm going to drop Gay. As much fun to play as and fabulous as Gay is and as much as I love Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, Hoo Hah is so much more fun, fits my playstyle better, is actually a good character, and is from 2 of my favorite games when I was a kid (DKC 1 and 2). Considering that, there's no reason for me to stick with Gay over Hoo Hah anymore.

Is that supposed to be revenge for me letting you get a pillow in your face? Though the thing for Brawl Gay is the epitome of adorableness.
You stay away from Diddy good sir. He is nothing but a curse.

Also, yes.

And I really felt like being a jerk to you. April Fools :p

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Is this an April Fools joke? 'Cause then all the threads would need a new OP... Which means that we'd have to have a new (semi)dictator... Unless you secondary TL. Which then I don't know.

Oh wait, we already have a new dictator... Shaq. Thank you very much April Fools.

CURRY

Smash Journeyman

Artemis, noooo :c
My character choice was quite the opposite of yours. I originally wanted to pick up either Pika, Diddy, Zsuit or Snake in Smash 4, because of how much I was impressed by how some people played them in Brawl (RIP ESAM)
But yknow... I didn't want to go Diddy because of the banana nerf, and the item control aspect was the thing that I really wanted to play around with.
Since Snake is kinda gone, and Zsuit feels way different, I'm playing around with Pikachu. Mostly because of ESAM, though. .0001% chance of me getting to his level, but still, ESAM's play is so fun to see.
Probably still going to keep Toon though, I've had more success with him than other characters because I'm more familiar with his moveset compared to a lot of others. I'm still pretty bad-- to put it into perspective, the other day, a Jigglypuff was consistently beating me online.
Yeah, I don't know any matchups, so I kinda just see what I can do whenever I play.
No one in my school is as interested in Smash as I am, so naturally, there's no tournaments to go to, and no one who can help me improve on a regular basis. So most of my play is spent in Training mode against the "Stop" cpu, and I play around with comboes, physics, and maybe some play against lvl 7s or online.
Oh well. Smash is still fun, lol.

Also Fox, did you not get a special photoshopped Shaq? :C

Last edited:

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
I just got on today and why does say shaqboards home of the SMASH community shouldn't it be home of the SHAQ community

anyway I say the whole luigi exploit I guess he's my main now

And can you guys think of new smash characters I can see sakurai telling everyone to ignore all Ridley character suggestions

But the ones I want to see are squitle and ehveesoar,
and new comers maybe rayman and just because I was playing my gamecube the most viewtiful, viewtiful joe

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Also Fox, did you not get a special photoshopped Shaq? :C
No I didn't find the time to make one. Either that or I'm just terrible at photoshop. Ok I admit it, it's the later one.

I'm thinking that I'm going to vote for a character from an entirely new game. That way there's a chance that we'll get a new stage or more music. Snake is an obvious choice, but I'm sure I can do better. Oh I've got it! Simon Belmont from Castlevania. Just imagine the sick remixes, and all that spacing with the whip. I'm voting right now.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I voted for Pichu, even though I never used him. He's (or she's) just that awesome. If I weren't such a stickler by the rules, I would also vote for Wolf too.

And @Artemis still hasn't changed his mains nor his background from Toon Link. I'm still calling that was April Fools.

D

Deleted member

So who is Shaq and why is he practically a meme on this site?
I voted for Pichu, even though I never used him. He's (or she's) just that awesome. If I weren't such a stickler by the rules, I would also vote for Wolf too.

And @Artemis still hasn't changed his mains nor his background from Toon Link. I'm still calling that was April Fools.
Of course you voted for Pichu, Pichu is the best character ever. There's no one better to have spent your vote on.
Persoanally I normally would never buy DLC, but honestly the thought of being able to main both Gay and Pichu would be too tempting. Though for Pichu it would just be too bad that he probably wouldn't be legal in tournies, along with other DLC characters for that matter since it's a lot to ask for people who bring set-ups to buy all the DLC.
What if I just like Gay and wanted to keep my mains and post background set as him because of it? Lol it really was an April Fool's joke though. I told a bunch of people I was going to drop Gay for Hoo Hah and it was pretty funny how many of them thought I was serious. It's true that I would like to use Hoo Hah since I really like Donkey Kong (mainly DKC and also DK64 to a lesser extent), but I don't really like his moveset. My entire city except like two people have already dropped their mains for Diddy anyway, and maining the same character as everyone else in my city would just make things boring and further hurt our already-nonexistent character diversity. Also, Gay is too fabulous to ever drop.
That said, I can't wait for Gay to be nerfed to Pichu tier in the next update. Then I'll finally get to main both of my favorite Smash mains with one character.
Also, lol "semi-dictator". Well I'm glad to know you still think of me as a dictator even though that title belongs to Fox now. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord

Of course you voted for Pichu, Pichu is the best character ever. There's no one better to have spent your vote on.
Persoanally I normally would never buy DLC, but honestly the thought of being able to main both Gay and Pichu would be too tempting. Though for Pichu it would just be too bad that he probably wouldn't be legal in tournies, along with other DLC characters for that matter since it's a lot to ask for people who bring set-ups to buy all the DLC.
What if I just like Gay and wanted to keep my mains and post background set as him because of it? Lol it really was an April Fool's joke though. I told a bunch of people I was going to drop Gay for Hoo Hah and it was pretty funny how many of them thought I was serious. It's true that I would like to use Hoo Hah since I really like Donkey Kong (mainly DKC and also DK64 to a lesser extent), but I don't really like his moveset. My entire city except like two people have already dropped their mains for Diddy anyway, and maining the same character as everyone else in my city would just make things boring and further hurt our already-nonexistent character diversity. Also, Gay is too fabulous to ever drop.
That said, I can't wait for Gay to be nerfed to Pichu tier in the next update. Then I'll finally get to main both of my favorite Smash mains with one character.
Also, lol "semi-dictator". Well I'm glad to know you still think of me as a dictator even though that title belongs to Fox now. :p
I... Actually don't know. Except for the April Fools part.

No, Pichu isn't the best character: Lucas is followed by Ness who is followed by Toon Link who is followed by Pichu. Wow, if Pichu becomes DLC I think I'll be maining 4 characters, unless I drop some down to secondary status.

Yeah, that would be quite dull. Like Brawl in the Meta Knight days.

ILJ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
giancarlo777
3DS FC
2852-9628-7134
What do you guys think? Will they buff or nerf him in any way?

I personally don't think they will nerf him...idk about buffing either, but nerfs I'm sure won't occur.

I hope they buff his air dodge zair end lag and many things I know won't happen

SoundChow

Smash Apprentice
I'd really like it if they gave Tink his brawl d-air and made his tether not come out when z-dropping a bomb, though I really don't see any of those things happenings. I don't think they'll buff or nerf Tink too much.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Here's hoping they do buff the young lad.

Less landing lag on aerials, possibly 1% more damage on nair even. It's not that unreasonable is it. CMON SAKURAI MAN DO IT MAN

So much love is going into Smash4, noone expected Lucas, and Nintendo is asking for more suggestions on characters. I don't know what to think anymore, Nintendo is..listening and not abandoning their game so hastily. Really makes me optimistic

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Ah yes, Pichu. I can understand why you 2 are voting for him. Well, I would like too wish you too good luck on your quest. :)

I am guessing you probable know I am going to vote for :3

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
God, yes, a good nair again would be SO nice.
Double hit nair in this game does 15%, what the heck...

My parents have never really let me play any games as a kid (Not even Pokemon), so I'm probably going to spend my vote on K. Rool if I don't think of anyone, since it seems like a LOT of people want him. Or Isaac.
Toon Zelda would be interesting, heh. I remember reading somewhere that that name and some other things were hidden on the Brawl disk, so I was kind of expecting that she would be in Smash 4.

It would be REALLY nice if we could buy all the DLC as a bundle as a discounted price. Does that already exist?
Like, a set price that you can pay in advance to download all the future DLC. That would be nice.
Mostly saying this because I'm not earning my own money yet, lol.

EDIT:
Holy crap, this would actually be pretty great. https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/317r1p/rnfl_is_congregating_to_vote_bo_jackson_from/

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Ah yes, Pichu. I can understand why you 2 are voting for him. Well, I would like too wish you too good luck on your quest. :)

I am guessing you probable know I am going to vote for :3
Thank you. Good luck with Young Link too. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him back either even if he was barely changed from Melee (cute in HD (Hyrule Warriors)+ Zelda character), though I do hope he is Luigified if he returns.

Kleric

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrOrdun
I'm really at odds with my voting choice. My main filter is to not suggest a character from a franchise that already has a ton of characters in smash (I'm lookin' at you Pokemon).

The best I can think of right now is--
Rayman, who as a 2D side-scrolling character fits perfectly in the Smash bros atmosphere, but on the downside is 3rd party.
and Simon Belmont, who despite me not playing Castlevania just seems like enough of a unique badass to make another interesting character.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I voted for Tetra myself. I would still love to see Toon Link have a partner character in this game.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Thank you. Good luck with Young Link too. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him back either even if he was barely changed from Melee (cute in HD (Hyrule Warriors)+ Zelda character), though I do hope he is Luigified if he returns.
Thanks :D. Yeah, I hope if he comes back he is Luigified but at least keeps his Melee Nair and Lon Lon milk taunt. those are a must. I also wouldn't mind seeing him as his Hyrule Warriors form.

I voted for Tetra myself. I would still love to see Toon Link have a partner character in this game.
Sorry, you can't. if three Link's is over kill, then 3 Zeldas are too. :p

I hope you see what I did there.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
despite me not playing Castlevania
My man, you should get yourself a castlevania game, the classic side-scrolling kind. It doesn't matter too much which one you play. I was playing Aria of Sorrow recently. Symphony of the Night is probably the highest acclaimed one though. If you want to go full classic though, you can't overlook the original castlevania for the nes.

Top Bottom