• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Characters who Deserved to make it but didnt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
There's also plenty of franchises that could still be represented like Animal Crossing, Custom Robo, Nintendo/Advance Wars, etc.
I read somewhere that Sakurai said that there weren't many franchises from Nintendo he could draw from for Brawl. But as you pointed out with those latter two, there are plenty of Nintendo DS franchises that they could add characters from. My favorite being Phoenix Wright included (just for the lulz), Smash Bros. could totally also draw from the Megaman Battle Network games (or just from Megaman himself), Custom Robo Arena (a great game), Magical Starsign (Mokka appeared as a trophy at least :p), Rocket Slime and moar. There's a vast plethora of untapped DS potential.

Genghis Krahn

Smash Cadet
I think it would have been sweet if Toad had been included. Not to sure exactly what his moves would be, but he's one of the only main characters from the Mario series that hasn't been included as a playable character. And he's one of my favorites, haha.

I guess I'll just have to play as Peach and only use her B move.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Darth Vader. It would have been so BA frying peach with force lighting and slicing mario in half... even funner to play vs olimar...

You know that woulda been awesome.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Darth Vader. It would have been so BA frying peach with force lighting and slicing mario in half... even funner to play vs olimar...

You know that woulda been awesome

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
well from:

metroid: Ridley (his sise in the ORIGINAL metroid from snes wasn't so big) and rundas/dark_samus/silux (if he get's to be important in metroid).

Fire Emblem: Sigurd(suposed to be in melee but got remplaced by roy)/Celise/Leaf (FE4/5 FTW), Lyn(1st international lord)/Micaiah(magic user and lord)/Erica(female lord)/Sheeda(marth's wife and use lance) (Smash needs moar females), Black Knight (for bad *** antagonist) and maybe Ephiram(sakurai's favorite lord)/Hector (for awesomeness whit lance/axe)

F-zero: Black Sadow and/or samurai Goro

Golden Sun: Isaac or Felix

Star Fox: Kristal

3rd party:
Square: Geno (cause popularity, originality and i don't think square minds if this character is used by nintendo)
Capcom: megaman (popularity), or Bewtiful Joe (he just has smash stile)
Namco: Cless_Alvaine()1st tales of hero)/Lloyd_Irbing(popular tales of hero), may some sul calibur (but tales saga deserves more to be in smash than soul calibur)
konami/sega: you did get one so just stick whit it

Kraxil

Smash Rookie
From Golden Sun I'd rather have Ivan than Isaac or Felix. We have enough elemental sword users and Ivan would be able to utilise attacks that can move a character along the screen similar to the boomerang.

However, I wouldn't be disappointed if Isaac made it either-I could see him being a good juggler.

Also:
Shadow as an alt costume for Sonic
Megaman and Bass
Mewtwo
(AND NEXT TIME DON'T REMOVE ANY CHARACTERS FROM THE ROSTER!!!)

KhannKlan

Smash Cadet
I think it is better that they remove stupid clones like Pichu and D. Mario, but they shouldn't have replaced Mewtwo with Lucario.

Every get over the fact that Krystal isn't in Brawl. 4 Star Fox characters would be **** when there are still so many BETTER options than furry space foxes.

Megaman is also just plain bad, it's like meshing Mortal Kombat and DC, oh wait, looks like they ARE doing that. Not to mention the fact that Megaman is a horrible game.

Now. They should've added actual cool character, King K. Rool or Ridley would be nice bosses to be added, and Isaac could've easily been made a character instead of being chucked in as an assist trophy. I would prefer more Metroid characters, but even better would be pulling a character out of the obscure old school nintendo days that doesn't suck as much as Pit.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
No character "deserved" to make it. There fictional characters. People need to stop dwelling on whats not in brawl and focus on what is.
You're right. If Mario hadn't made it, people would have no reason to complain. They're just fictional characters, and which ones make it doesn't matter.

Speaking of which, I did learn to enjoy the game for what it is, and what it is, is boring. I rarely play it anymore.

Skrye

Smash Rookie
I personally think Pokemon Trainer could have been tweaked a bit. Instead of Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard, it should have been Bulbasaur, Combusken, and Meganium. Bulbasaur would be the ground combomonkey, Combusken built for physical attacks backed by fire moves (fire punch, etc.), and Meganium with moves similar to Charizard, but leaf based.

I also would have liked Hammer Bros. as an Ice Climbers clone.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
If you go by deserved(though like ppl said no deservesa spot) some would edge out others, like
K.rool, Ridley, Isaac and MEWTWO. These are the 4 i think deserved it most.

people that I wanted were: Krystal, Toad, Birdo, Dynablyde, Lyn, Dixie kong

People I want but wouldn't ever make it: Nabooru, Leon(Star Fox), Tiny Kong

I'm not to big on 3rd party, like seriously keep it nintendo, but i would add one last 3rd party and that would be Bomberman.

MR.SMILEY

Smash Rookie
i say a lot of assist trophies shoulda been in brawl and the three most were megaman and zero especially and shadow cmon a rival for sonic one of the craziest old skool games also i think mewtwo shoulda still been in it just upgraded or at least a pokeball

Blaze the cat

Smash Apprentice
Well, for me, there were three main characters I really wanted to see in the game:

1. Krystal
2. Sonic
3. Mega Man

It would have been great if Krystal made it in. It really would have. I totally agree with you. :)

snerd

Smash Cadet
Gordan Freeman would have been awesome
also:
MASTERCHIEF
viewtiful jow
mega man
Doshin the Giant (lol .,.)

TengenToppaDrill

Smash Apprentice
Your mom's house... Calgary Alberta, Canada, Earth
ridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridley
Have I made a point yet.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
isaac, garret, other goldensun chars COMMON WTF

lol but seirously add Sora .

oh and shadow would so be my main but wtf u make him an assist trophie and isaac as well. sakurai ima steel your cookies everyday of life

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I don't see why people are so against Krystal. She's popular.

I would've liked to have seen Krystal, Ridley, Isaac, Takamaru and Claus as playable characters.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Isaac, Captain Falcon, Ike, and Richter Belmont

Isaac got assist trophied.
Rick Wheeler stole Captain Falcon's outfit.
Ike isn't really Ike, cause he can't pull of 1v3 3-stock.
Richter Belmont just isn't in it.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I don't see why people are so against Krystal. She's popular.
That's just an illusion. A good deal of these "people" are me. I just have enough anti-Krystal in me for ten people. :laugh:

I'm gonna have to agree with others and put my vote in for: The REAL Captain Falcon.

Although I gotta hand it to whoever this is that stole his costume and his racecar.

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
>_>

I don't get what the deal is with Geno and Ridley. Geno was in like, what, one game (where he wasn't even that amazing)? And Ridley's a giant lizard thing that was perfectly suited as a boss and not a character. >_<

Megaman, Bomberman, Simon Belmont, a custom robo, heck even my personal preference, Phoenix Wright, would all make more sense than Geno or Ridley.

Krystal makes more sense than either of them as well. Even if she's not high up on my list of characters I'd want to see, I'd much rather see her than Geno or Ridley.

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
Well they weren't going to get rid of Falco for sure, and both Falco and Toon Link are good anyways. >.>

But yeah, Isaac definitely would have been cool. Obviously you could have a lot of interesting psyenergy attacks, including the 'move' one he has in his assist trophy.

Pseudoshot

Smash Cadet
DOOPLISSSSSSSSSSSSS
or Ditto.
Lol. [end sarcasm]
Then again, that's what ditto matches are for. :O (very suprised face!)

Trapt497

Smash Ace
@ people who wonder why mewtwo was taken out:::

a lot of people are wondering why so i just wanted to say this. sorry its a little off topic.

please note first that I was a huge mewtwo fan and was very shocked and upset when I didnt see him in the final roster. And he does deserve to be in. But here is why he was taken out.

Here are the facts:
1) There are a lot of playable pokemon in smash. A ton. Not that there shouldnt be more, but im sure that is a reason.
2) Lucario DID NOT replace mewtwo. He is a newcomer, and mewtwo sadly didnt make the cut this time. Lucario and mewtwo are completely different. And just because they have the same neutral b is NOT the reason mewtwo was taken out.
3) Mewtwo, unfortunetly, was low tier.

^^These are true statements. And mewtwo did deserve to be in, but the number of pokemon in smash and/or the popularity of Lucario ended up leading to mewtwo being cut.

But mewtwo fans, apreciate Lucario being in. He is a beast. Admit it. And you can always go back to melee to play as mewtwo again.

/rant (lol)

Now back on topic my personal opinion of characters that didnt make it that deserved it:

(not in any particular order):

1) Krystal
2) Knuckles
3) Mewtwo (but note Lucario is a great choice too)
4) King K Rool (sorry haters, but I think he did deserve it. DK needs an enemy thats playable)
5) Megaman
6) RIDLEY!!!! ZOMG HE DIDNT MAKE IT (*sigh*)
7) ...and...I know, I know, he had no chance the whole entire time...but I wanted him a lot. One of the characters that deserved it the most is none other than... Banjo Kazzoie. ...god he would have been awesome...

what do you guys think of my list?

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
^Banjo and Kazooie wouldve owned all the 1st,2nd and 3rd party characters.

Midna and Wolf Link wouldve have been probably the fiercest and a very fast character i nthe game. ^B recovery = Midna's Hand Grab.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the thing that i dont understand, is why has nobody brought up my man lloyd Irving. that kid would have been nasty. he was popular, and he had tons of special attacks. double swords for the win...
that would have been beast mode

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Shadow, Zant?(wait....er, no), krystal, megaman, bomberman, Baby mario and luigi (I.C. hammer, short typ thing),Sylux (MPH), and metal sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom