• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Winnar

Smash Lord
Falcon at the bottom of the Tier list pushing it sure he isn't as prioritized as some of the others, but he is alot better than Yoshi and Jigglypuff. In fact he should at leasst be at the Upper D rank.

Click here to level up my card!
Play Bwett and then talk to me about how bad Yoshi is.

No clue about Jiggs though, play LeeMartin I guess? I think I saw him playing once D:

I keep telling people this but no one seems to catch on: The low-tier portion of the tier list isn't the same as the top-tier portion. Metaknight is clearly the best, but that doesn't mean Falcon is clearly the worst. All anyone can really say is that the characters in low tier probably mostly deserve to be there. There maybe be a best character, but there isn't a worst character in brawl.

Also ugh smoke detectors keep going off every 15 minutes so I'm getting like no sleep tonight...

Oh, RJPunch yeah we're doing Falcon dittos yesssss. And maybe also the Falcon Challenge unless you'd rather LeeMartin does it (assuming, you know, that he wants to be one of the falcons)

Haha we should totally do doubles together. Double Falcon yesz

Srsly though I have no idea who my doubles partner is going to be, only that I will have one D: Hopefully it's not someone who is utter **** at doubles :(

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
Winnar you are so lucky, you got lee in your pool. You want me to record some of your friendlies?
Has anyone tried using uair as soon as you let go off the ledge? I know this won't work because of my location, I can't play anyone else. I'm just putting it out though. I gotta go train my Pikachu, falcon, and someone else.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Winnar you are so lucky, you got lee in your pool. You want me to record some of your friendlies?
Has anyone tried using uair as soon as you let go off the ledge? I know this won't work because of my location, I can't play anyone else. I'm just putting it out though. I gotta go train my Pikachu, falcon, and someone else.
It works wonders for Mario and Luigi, I know that much. For Falcon he falls way too fast for the u-air to hit anything above you.

Also I'm feeling good now, I played some amazing friendlies today where I did really well and had a great time.

Apparently the trick for me is to sleep as little as possible XD

Also about recording, I'm bringing a capture card and a laptop so...yeah. I guess I should bring a mic, too, in case people want to commentate.

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
oh yes commentary. That starts the fun. Btw when pools start, I'm playing pika cause I wanna make it to the next round. My grades come out in a couple of days and i'm a nervous wreck. I can barely eat.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
If you're talking about gimping, yes. You can hit a bunch of characters with it either in the startup of their up-B or before they're close enough to the stage for their up-B to hit you off the ledge, since DIing away from the stage as you UAir makes it reach back pretty far.

Winnar

Smash Lord
oh yes commentary. That starts the fun. Btw when pools start, I'm playing pika cause I wanna make it to the next round. My grades come out in a couple of days and i'm a nervous wreck. I can barely eat.
Yeah...I can understand going Pika for pools. I'm going to go all Falcon though.

The world needs more Falcon mains. Falcon mains that go to tournaments and can get out of pools. Hopefully I am one of those falcons D:

If you're talking about gimping, yes. You can hit a bunch of characters with it either in the startup of their up-B or before they're close enough to the stage for their up-B to hit you off the ledge, since DIing away from the stage as you UAir makes it reach back pretty far.
Yeah I thought he meant hitting people on the stage with the u-air by just dropping.

What you said works pretty well.

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
The world needs more falcon mains. we're to spread out. Winnar, I'll join you for the falcon challenge. When you see me play in person, you'll want to ask what is wrong with me. No one should do that many punches in one match.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I'm going to A-kon, and if there is a Brawl tournament there, I'm gonna go (mostly) all Falcon. If I know I can win a match, I'll pull out my secondary,
Ganondorf.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
how do I cancel the falcon kick in mid-air?
:link:
Well, the midair version (starting it in the air) can't really be canceled. If you hit the ground during the move, it has sort of a shockwave effect and can deal damage/knockback, but I wouldn't call that canceling due to its massive lag. The grounded version of Falcon Kick can't technically cancel either, but if it ends just as Falcon goes offstage, he will grab the ledge. The lag is all gone anyway at that point, but it is kind of interesting to do. If you grounded Falcon Kick into a wall, Falcon will fly into the air with a little lag and weird momentum.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
You know what's funny..

techchases in a melee combo video are accepted, and even commonly used, and techchases in a brawl combo video make it a 'combo' video..

even in a brawl falco combo video consisting of only CG's, when the player Dthrow's>Dair>techchase>regrab>continues CG people start *****ing about it beeing escapable..

While in melee it was 'normal' to put in a combo video.

:falcon:

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
You know what's funny..

techchases in a melee combo video are accepted, and even commonly used, and techchases in a brawl combo video make it a 'combo' video..

even in a brawl falco combo video consisting of only CG's, when the player Dthrow's>Dair>techchase>regrab>continues CG people start *****ing about it beeing escapable..

While in melee it was 'normal' to put in a combo video.

:falcon:
inescapable cg < tech chasing from a throw.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I'm going to a local tourney in 2 weeks, and Lain, Bowyer, Anther, and SamuraiPanda are gonna be there. Im obviously gonna get wrecked, so should I go all Falcon?
...no. learn a better character and you should practice that better character in tourney, even if you get wrecked.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
You know what I have noticed?

This thread is becoming a place for falcon mains to hang out.
Especially the old and semi old generation of brawl falcon mains and secondaries.
Another part of the board evolution process. A sad one though, considering what is next...

Zeallyx

You know what I have noticed?

This thread is becoming a place for falcon mains to hang out.
Especially the old and semi old generation of brawl falcon mains and secondaries.
Another part of the board evolution process. A sad one though, considering what is next...
Thats why I made that other Q&A like thread.
But they couldnt see its purpose and reported it.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
it was pretty fail because tbh it was like social and questions..same as this. if you make a social thread or another qna thread its still gonna kinda be a clone of this lol I didn't report you btw, im gonna guess and say tehn00b since you guys were saying some shizz

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Both of the back rooms are dead.

We should make an invite only break room, for the old falcon mains and secondaries. Such as me, you, noodlehead, wogrim, ayaz, roager, and SB08 along with a few others....

Zeallyx

it was pretty fail because tbh it was like social and questions..same as this. if you make a social thread or another qna thread its still gonna kinda be a clone of this lol I didn't report you btw, im gonna guess and say tehn00b since you guys were saying some shizz
It was on topic at the time it got closed.
So it was on track to become an actually 'working' Q&A.

Both of the back rooms are dead.

We should make an invite only break room, for the old falcon mains and secondaries. Such as me, you, noodlehead, wogrim, ayaz, roager, and SB08 along with a few others....
No we shouldnt.
The first falcon backroom didnt work, and neither did the second 'revitalizing' falcon backroom.
A third will do no good at all.
And besides, almost none of the falcon board regulars get along well.
I dont like ayaz, wogrim, talkingbeatles, nor SB08.
And so does almost every falcon board regular have one (or more) falcon board regular(s) he dislikes.

In short: A third backroom wouldnt do any good at all. It most likely will not get us/the falcon board any step further.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
It was on topic at the time it got closed.
So it was on track to become an actually 'working' Q&A.

No we shouldnt.
The first falcon backroom didnt work, and neither did the second 'revitalizing' falcon backroom.
A third will do no good at all.
And besides, almost none of the falcon board regulars get along well.
I dont like ayaz, wogrim, nor SB08.
And so does almost every falcon board regular have one (or more) falcon board regular(s) he dislikes.

In short: A third backroom wouldnt do any good at all. It most likely will not get us/the falcon board any step further.
Not a back room bro. A place to just chill out. Without the obligation to post something related to falcon.

Whatever. I don't care if its made or not. I'm in enough people on SWF to chill out with besides the other falcon mains.

Secretly everyone hates each other anyways.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I don't see any problem with this being a Q&A thread and a social one.
And I think Falcon mains get along fairly well, actually.
Also, a third backroom may not be a bad idea. Whose to say? Hindsight is 20/20, I've been told.

Zeallyx

Not a back room bro. A place to just chill out. Without the obligation to post something related to falcon.

Whatever. I don't care if its made or not. I'm in enough people on SWF to chill out with besides the other falcon mains.

Hmm I see.

I think said social group will only cause flame wars and will become extinct in a matter of days, if it ever becomes active that is.

And darx, I heard from a reliable source that you hate me.

? :pimp:

I don't see any problem with this being a Q&A thread and a social one.
And I think Falcon mains get along fairly well, actually.
Also, a third backroom may not be a bad idea. Whose to say? Hindsight is 20/20, I've been told.
No, we dont get along. At all.
And I am to say.

Dont fight lost battles, I've been told.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Hmm I see.

I think said social group will only cause flame wars and will become extinct in a matter of days, if it ever becomes active that is.

And darx, I heard from a reliable source that you hate me.

? :pimp:
And who or what might that reliable source be?

And I don't hate you. But you aren't what you used to be. I'm keeping my space in not just yours, but the affairs of the entire falcon boards whether they are new or old.
To me, we aren't as good friends as we used to be.

Zeallyx

And who or what might that reliable source be?

And I don't hate you. But you aren't what you used to be. I'm keeping my space in not just yours, but the affairs of the entire falcon boards whether they are new or old.
To me, we aren't as good friends as we used to be.
You are that source, silly: :)

But you are right though, we used to get along better than we do now.
But still, you are one of the nicest posters on this site.
/kneekissbehind
but its the truth.

Meh. I'm just the eternal optimist, I suppose.
Whatever you tell yourself to fall asleep at night, bro.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
You are that source, silly: :)

Well then, you have the wrong idea, as I explained above.

But you are right though, we used to get along better than we do now.
But still, you are one of the nicest posters on this site.
/kneekissbehind
but its the truth.

In essence we didn't. Everyone was holding in their feelings until that day false account Ne Derceh came. I know well who it was. And they know well that I know their identity. But I have no hate for anyone right now. But no love either. The only person who never held in any feelings was probably me. If I don't like someone its gonna be classic Marth Boards Flaming for them.

Wow. That is the sappiest thing I've ever said.

Whatever you tell yourself to fall asleep at night, bro.
Responses in white. I've passed the font color red on to you.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I don't hate anyone online. except mods who infract me lol. and P3. that guy sucks major baloney.
in fact, I love you all. <3
this should work as a social thread til some asks a question
here's a question
"Why does knee and darx convo sound MAD overdose homo?"

Zeallyx

Responses in white. I've passed the font color red on to you.
Glad to hear that. ^_^
And classic marth board flaming is what this board needs.

And thanks for the font color :D
I really appreciate it man. I'll 'wear' the font color with pride.

here's a question
"Why does knee and darx convo sound MAD overdose homo?"
Jealousyyyyyy

Bro, you've got stuff to learn.

We called "No Homo" a long time ago. Knee just loves me.
^This^ (<-- do you see that hidden smiley, darx ^_^ its for you <3).

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Glad to hear that. ^_^
And classic marth board flaming is what this board needs.

I don't think it worked. Last time it just scared away the new members, and I got a tough guy reputation.

And thanks for the font color :D
I really appreciate it man. I'll 'wear' the font color with pride.

You'd better. We both know I did.

Jealousyyyyyy

Lol. Yeah.

^This^ (<-- do you see that hidden smiley, darx ^_^ its for you <3).
Thanks bro. Here, I'll enlarge it so everyone can see.
Lol. This time in Cyan.

Zeallyx

Lol. This time in Cyan.
lol. So now everyone has accepted the illigal social aspect of this thread, I'll take this chance to tell you I love you darx.

<3

And thanks again for the red font. Its like a memento to you ^_^
Also, a 'tough guy' reputation suits you, bro;)
:falcon: - I'm in pink today, but I dont care, cause I have darx.

Top Bottom