• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cape

Kiyuzoh

Smash Cadet
Well, those pesky plumbers just got even more devastating as a team. Now all we have to do is figure out some epic strategy to kill the other team-mate while we do this. We could always just kill one of them, then go for the other with the cape **** (awesome name, by the way) while he is re-spawning.

Hey, quick question people:
If Luigi was looking towards Mario with a fully-charged Green Missile, and Mario caped him the other way, does that magnify the distance Luigi travels? If so, that could be a pretty lulzy approach towards a camper (Lolimar, Falco, Pit, etc.). If not, then meh.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
This is RIDICULOUS!!! My cousin plays Mario well, we can **** doubles with this!

Motel Vacaville of the West

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I find it amazing how well the momentum from the Cape can work well with Luigi's Up B.

Now I want to see what the Cape can do with MK/Kirby's U-Throw

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Hey, quick question people:
If Luigi was looking towards Mario with a fully-charged Green Missile, and Mario caped him the other way, does that magnify the distance Luigi travels? If so, that could be a pretty lulzy approach towards a camper (Lolimar, Falco, Pit, etc.). If not, then meh.
No, but if he uses the FLUDD on you in the same direction of your momentum it will near double it.

Kiyuzoh

Smash Cadet
It does not unfortunately, that would have been cool though.
Aww, that would've been hilarious. Don't you think Mario's cape has some epic potential in doubles? Imagine doing this to things like Olimar's up-throw with a purple pikmin, or maybe even Snake's up-tilt? Good God, Mario for doubles top tier.

Atash

Smash Apprentice
Mario and Luigi, Partners in Time. Or at least, their manipulation of it...

Personally, I don't think the cape **** increases momentum so much as it maintains it for a longer period of time (look at the speeds at which the characters travel - it looks like they're traveling at the exact same speed as when they were initially hit - no faster [easier to observe with moves like Kirby's up-throw]).

I really want to see someone test a misfire with the cape **** :-D Not something that'd naturally occur in a match by planning, but still interesting nonetheless... By which I mean, it'd be absolutely hilarious if it happened in a match. :-D :-D :-D (although, the cape **** is a vertical kill... and a lot of the energy transfer goes into making the opponent fly sideways... it'd still be quite funny though)

Famous

Smash Champion
It can be used on any move that sends an opponent in a upward direction...It works on Mario and Luigi's Uthrow...it just doesn't kill until high 90's

Doesn't work on misfire because it doesn't send the opponent upwards...more horizontal...

...So there you have it

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
Wow... That's pretty cool. It looks fairly difficult to set up consistently, but still... It's awesome ^^ (great name too by the way)

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lol fast fall nair to cape , and boom u got another KO at early 80's

mario n luigi partners in crime ftw

bobson

Smash Lord
While **** is acceptable in jargon posts, it is not acceptable in thread titles.
What kind of half-***** judgement is this? If I say "I ***** M2K's Metaknight," it's fine, but if I make a thread titled "I ***** M2K's Metaknight," it's suddenly offensive and can't be tolerated?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
can this be used with regular moves like Luigi's U smash?
Cape amplifies knockback if you cape them during the knockback of an attack. Moves with SET knockback like throws work best because they'll work at any percent.

That's why if you cape Shiek right when she does her upB, she'll likely fly in the other direction BEFORE she disappears, because that initial hop of her upB is a set distance. Cape makes that jump go much further.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Wait, so the cape can amplify the green missile!?

That would be a crazy approach for campers!
He has to be moving already. It's impractical. The attack has to send them UP because otherwise Mario will either send the person he's caping the wrong way, OR he'll get hit.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Oh, that's a bummer, I remember earlier that we had the whole partner discussion and that came up. It is a great team.

Top Bottom