• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cancelled Pre-order Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, so I thought I'd set up a thread to see how many of us there are, and what killed it for you.

Personally for me it's Bowser Jr, I love him as a character, and he was my most wanted first party after Villager. But not like this! He looks ****ty, and it won't feel like I'm playing Jr, I don't want that! Add in my other worries about balance and game play and I just honestly don't care anymore.

Shirarisun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shirarisun
3DS FC
4484-7795-7328
1. Don't cancel a preorder based on a leak.
2. This is pretty bold, cancelling a preorder because of one character.

Quite frankly, sir, you're going way too far about this.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
1. Don't cancel a preorder based on a leak.
2. This is pretty bold, cancelling a preorder because of one character.

Quite frankly, sir, you're going way too far about this.
It's not based on one character, that character is the straw that broke the camel's back.

The roster does not interest me, and the game play will be inferior to Project M. What reason is there for me to own this game?

And moreover pre-orders are a convenience if you're sure you'll enjoy a game, and as is I'm not, so why should I keep it; if it turns out fake I can just order it again...

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129

Seriously?

1. Full Roster has not yet been revealed.
2. THE GAME HASN'T EVEN COME OUT YET. How do you know PM is better?
Refer to my second point.

All the information I have at this stage points towards the game being useless to me, if that information changes what have I lost?

I don't understand your problem here? I said I'm not pre-ordering the game, not that I'm going to pirate it, I'm just waiting to see if the game does have more to it or not, but right now my money's on not.. or more precisely my money's in my pocket because I haven't pre-ordered it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Still is going too far, I admit it, I dislike the roster with Dr. Mario and Dark Pit but still there's more reasons to play the game; buffed characters and the Duck Hunt Dog for example, it's better to focus on positive things, because it's obvious that the roster is not going to please everybody.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Wow

No, it's still smash, you're still going to find reasons to enjoy it because it's still smash.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I actually like the roster. Did you seriously think that you were gonna get your exact perfect ideal roster?

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
You'll pay for a premium membership for a smash forum but not latest game in the series?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Just leave him/her be. People do this all the time. Hell, people cancelled pre-orders on Ground Zeroes 'cause there were no cardboard boxes. I bet people would cancel pre-orders 'cause the game had too much orange or something stupid.

Anyway, Cheezey Bites never said anything about not buying the game. Maybe holding until the finished product instead of jumping right in and feeling that it's not what was expected which is why people shouldn't give in to hype. Case in point: Final Fantasy XIII. I like FFXIII, but I never hyped it. In fact, I actually was against it and was in favor of Final Fantasy XV or Versus XIII as it was originally called, but I played it and enjoyed it for what it was.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
You'll pay for a premium membership for a smash forum but not latest game in the series?
Some Melee purists were so close-minded that they didn't even buy Brawl because it wasn't Melee 2.0.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
What? Seriously? I've already got most of my favs in the game and that would not give me a good reason to cancel a pre-order.

EDIT: Also, I can't judge the gameplay as of yet since the game has not been released as of yet, although I will have the opportunity when it comes out in October.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I really don't understand how people can say it's going to far to cancel a pre-order. It's no different from choosing not to buy a game. I chose not to buy Mario Galaxy because I didn't get on with the controls... is that going too far?

I really don't understand people's issues here...

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
No way.

Roster isn't perfect but it still has a sizeable number (even if the CSS we see is all we get) with a lot of iconic characters (veteran or otherwise). Smash is still Smash, a fun game with a lot of content to show case. If it has good online I'm set.

(Plus following a game for a year then not buying it at the last second because one or two characters didn't make it would make me question my very own decisions in life)

Shirarisun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shirarisun
3DS FC
4484-7795-7328
I really don't understand how people can say it's going to far to cancel a pre-order. It's no different from choosing not to buy a game. I chose not to buy Mario Galaxy because I didn't get on with the controls... is that going too far?

No, you're going too far because you're making a judgement of a game that hasn't even come out yet.
That and you're basing one of your points on a leak.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

You missed out on Mario Galaxy? No wonder you're so angry!

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
No, you're going too far because you're making a judgement of a game that hasn't even come out yet.
That and you're basing one of your points on a leak.
No, I made a judgement on the game when I made the pre-order, with new information I believe my judgement was unfounded.

You missed out on Mario Galaxy? No wonder you're so angry!
Meh, I played Galaxy 2, and it was pretty good, but nothing more.
I prefer the NSMB series. And 3D World for that matter.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
You're just proving my point. You made a judgement when you PRE ORDERED the game.
What if the gameplay turns out BETTER than Melee/PM? Have you ever thought of that?
I have, and if it does I'll buy it.

Buying a game full price when you're not sure you'll enjoy it is just dumb.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
The nature of this thread is already looking pretty grim, and I honestly don't see the sun coming out for it anytime soon.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
IMO Bowser Jr is a insanely interesting character, but I can see why some don't like him, but still canceling a pre-order of a game just because of the characters look? You haven't even played as them! Who knows, maybe Dark Pit will be your favorite character!

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
The nature of this thread is already looking pretty grim, and I honestly don't see the sun coming out for it anytime soon.
Me either, if you wish to lock it feel free, I fear that anyone of my disposition is already disuaded from entering the discussion given how hostile that atmosphere is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom