• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The C-Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyrazn

Smash Rookie
After reading multiple guides, I've seen a few hints that say , bluntly stated, if you don't use the C-stick in your game, you're a horrible Peach and will never get good at using her. I personally don't think the C-stick is any good, but I'm now looking for ways to improve my game. Should I learn to use the C-stick all the time instead of using my A button, or should I just stick with the A button, but still know how to use the C-stick if need be? (<--What I can do right now)

totaKK

Smash Apprentice
its a preference its just whatever is more comfertable for most people for certain moves, and most times, the C stick is just so much more practical for some moves for most people

fabianmo

Smash Apprentice
Well i use the c stick when im floating or using the d-smash for all other uses i use the A button although i dont really know whats the difference.

PeachFx

Smash Rookie
I use it for downsmash and sometimes turnip throwing, that's about it.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm having a hard time using the cstick to FC... primarily being that i can't hold down x/y while reaching over to the c-stick

anyone have any advice on hand/finger placement?

Corin

Smash Lord
C-stick is just a short-cut - an alternative. You can use either of them effectively and whoever says "if you don't use the C-stick you're a horrible player" apparently doesn't know what they're talking about. Personally I despise using the C-stick, I've gotten my fair share of noob opponants who spam it (rotating it constantly in a circle).

If your reflexes are good enough, using the control stick + A button is fine, but if they're not so great, flicking the C-stick is good for smashes. Also, C-stick doesn't enable the use of tilts (unless I'm mistaken.. haven't played in ages.). Tilts are essential to game-play as weaker attacks that build up damage and help chain moves together, especially for Peach.

Try incorporating the C-stick into your gameplay, but don't completely abandon the control stick + A button.

As for holding down the X/Y button, I assume you're holding it down for Peach's floating jump. Er.. when you need to float, try pressing the X button with the finger you usually use for the Z button? I don't know, I never use those so anything I suggest including the X and Y buttons are situations I can't guarantee will work. But if you use your right index finger for the X button, it leaves your thumb open to hit the C-stick. Could be awkward at first, though..

C-Bomb

Smash Apprentice
i like to use the c-stick when i do a float canceled dair to dsmash. i use down a for the dair by using the tip of my thumb to hold down float while i use the middle of my thumb for the A button. that way once i hit the ground it is a simple matter of flicking my thumb downward on the cstick. that way the dsmash comes out as fast as possible.

peachori

Smash Journeyman
i'm having a hard time using the cstick to FC... primarily being that i can't hold down x/y while reaching over to the c-stick

anyone have any advice on hand/finger placement?
i'm having the same problem, even if i let go of X as soon as i'm floating i cant get to the cstick in time. i also tried moving my index finger over to Y and then using my thumb to cstick but its really awkward. is there anyway to quickly FC from a sufficiently low instant float? (say, like, just above the opponents head)

for the longest time i've just been instant floating and using Z to fair and falling to FC, but as i get better ive realized i need to float higher and then fastfall to FC my fair. problem is, when i fastfall i just end up with a dair instead of a fair so i'm guessing i need to c-stick the aerials. is it just a matter of me practicing getting to the c-stick faster or is there a specific hand/finger setup that makes this easier?

Sepph

Smash Rookie
I use the c-stick for turnip throwing, dsmashing and for some aerials (for example using Fair when jumping backwards) or for some combos while FC (Dair to Uair)...I still have to use the control stick but I would advise you to try using it (even if it's dsmash spamming...)

I don't know where I read it (I guess in the float faq) that c-sticking while performing a FC attack queues the smash, but it doesn't seem to work for me...any ideas?

Giggidax

Smash Ace
u know wat, the c-stick argument is highly debatable but over time ive realized that the c-stick is in fact helpful. cuz sometimes when i try and smash attack i end up doing a tilt (due to bad timing). but when using the c-stick is allows perfect, easily executed smashes.

im not saying that u should use the c-stick all the time, but if thats wat u feel comfortable with then do so. but i think it would actually help u to learn to use the c-stick here and there.
i dont use the c-stick all the time, i use it for some moves like dsmash, and throwing bombs while jumping away

Ba1100n_Drag0n

Smash Apprentice
I use the A button. Too used to it, and hate myself for it. Now I'm slowly adapting to the C-stick.

Pros of using C-stick:
-Sometimes when you're using A + Smash, you instead do A + Tilt move.
-It's, ultimately, faster.
-I highly doubt charging the A + Smash for a few frames will make it more powerful than an instant Smash.
Cons:
-It will kill your controller.
-The C-stick breaks easily, frankly.
-On bad controllers, your C-stick is void of uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom