• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The bucket, is it overpowered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
The bucket is definitely not overpowered. It has a ridiculous amount of lag after absorbing a projectile, meaning you will get punished. Oil Panic is very powerful, but only if you're able to absorb three powerful projectiles. If not, then all the work of absorbing those projectiles is for naught.

The best use of the bucket is bucket braking, allowing G&W to live for up to 30-40% more damage (more than Snake most of the time). In that respect, it is overpowered, but even that comes with a downside, as it requires nearly perfect DI, and is absolutely useless if you're sent flying fast enough.

7ACE7

Smash Apprentice
I think we can all agree that even though it is a very powerful move it has a lot of ending lag. And let's not kid ourselves here. The bucket is not useful against smart players.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I think we can all agree that even though it is a very powerful move it has a lot of ending lag. And let's not kid ourselves here. The bucket is not useful against smart players.
No I think we can all agree your wrong.

Short Answer: It is broken

Long Answer: It is broken if you use it. I hate bucket breaking. Against a Jigglypuff it allows him to live for god knows when with a good DI.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
No I think we can all agree your wrong.

Short Answer: It is broken

Long Answer: It is broken if you use it. I hate bucket breaking. Against a Jigglypuff it allows him to live for god knows when with a good DI.
Doesn't everything let you live too long against JP?

*Shield*

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
It's actually PK Flash. But anyways, if your opponent gives you three fully charged PK Flashes, and doesn't even punish the ending lag on the bucket, they deserve to get hit by the most powerful move in the game. But the most powerful move in the game would actually be Ike countering this.

TheFast

Smash Lord
I thought it was PK pulse. Bucket canceling is super gay but not broken. The actual move of the bucket like what MyCurse4Life said, its your opponents fault if you get it filled. So I dont think its broken.

Sachertorte

Smash Cadet
Yes, and no.

It depends on what you absorb. Fireballs will make it overpowered, along with other amazing projectiles like PK Flash.

But if you're absorbing lame things like Mario's fireballs or Fox's laser, then no. It'll suck.

A buckets power depends on the attack that's absorbed. It adds up the combined damage that you would have recieved, and then multiplys it by 3. A PK Flash does what? Let's assume... 30 damage. So three of those would be 90 damage, multiplied by 3.

You do the math. That's 270 damage. Yeah, that's overpowered.

Where as with Fox, 3 damage per laser, three lasers, total of 9 damage. Multiply that by 3, only 27 damage. Not so overpowered now, is it?

Noa.

Smash Master
Umm, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure that the bucket can only do up to ~60% damage. It has a limit to how much damage it can do. But, once it reaches that limit, it's a guaranteed KO move.

and Btw, this thread is really old, we should stop responding to it.

cemo

white walker
Yeah, the bucket caps at 60 damage you scrubs.
I'm sort of wondering if the bucket is effected by stale moves though?

editz~: This is a better question for the question and answer thread.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Yeah, the bucket caps at 60 damage you scrubs.
I'm sort of wondering if the bucket is effected by stale moves though?

editz~: This is a better question for the question and answer thread.
The damage caps at 63%, but the knockback is ridiculous enough.

AmazingXeno

Smash Cadet
Unlike Ike and Lucario's counters, G&W's bucket all depends on how powerful the energy attack use by that character is.
If your friend charged up din's fire all the way when you absorbed it, of course it's gunna kill at 0%.
But it has major lagg when used on the ground so it's good to use in the air when trying to stall or mindgame, still has a pretty good amount in the air as well.
I would also recommend(unless it's a really good player) to downgrab-->bucket.
Be care with great power comes great responsibility :p

Spamzfair

Smash Cadet
Bucket power !

this is known by everyone i think but game and watch bucket against ness and lucas makes me cry, and yet happy me and my friend were in doubles and i was lucas i pked thundered and my friend jumped caught the tail and ball of it instantly filling bucket, thats gotta be abit OP that gnw can do that

drunk3ng0ldfish

Smash Cadet
Umm, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure that the bucket can only do up to ~60% damage. It has a limit to how much damage it can do. But, once it reaches that limit, it's a guaranteed KO move.

and Btw, this thread is really old, we should stop responding to it.
it isn't a guaranteed KO tbh. its nearly always a KO though. thanks to the insane knockback.
i would also like to know whether absorbing staled out moves affect the bucket.
i would think it does, since it takes the amount of damage the move would do to you if you were there instead of the bucket.,

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Nah, it's not Ness or Lucas that really have to worry about the Bucket. It's Zelda.

Zelda gets hard countered by G&W with the Bucket alone. 0 approach + camping punished ridiculously by Bucket.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Nah, it's not Ness or Lucas that really have to worry about the Bucket. It's Zelda.

Zelda gets hard countered by G&W with the Bucket alone. 0 approach + camping punished ridiculously by Bucket.
Let us also forget how G&W ***** her with everything else he has, which would mean a hard counter. The Bucket is basically just surface of it.

JOBOT

Smash Journeyman
Gw bucket would be overpowered if it didnt have soo much lag after filling... but then again there are other uses for it which r amazing like stalling and the greatest thing ever.... bucket braking lol.

Noa.

Smash Master
Hylian, please close this thread. It's already served its purpose long ago, and it has no discussion going.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Closed per request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom