• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kone

Smash Master
Aa season runs from Septembver - ish to September -ish . Therefore the 06-07 season will end after the last tournament in the Summer. Then the points will be wiped and reset for the 07-08 season.

Makes sense =_=

Ill sort out the top 16 after EDster. Four tournaments is enough to have a good solid looking top 16 that people can't argue to much with.

YES I WILL POST IT ONT HE FRONT PAGE..... dont be cheeky martin theres no need. Ill put it there next time ive got more than a few minutes online. Im already organising the next tournament for ya, im sure you can wait a few days or so for the rankings to be on page 1. In the end of the day most of you that care will already have checked out the rankings.

x

Mole_!

Smash Cadet
Snowboarding was good days thanks, me and Neil both got badly lost in a massive forest though lol.

Ganon vs Peach is amazing, especially against the sexiest Peach in Europe :cool:
Haha lost?! Explain! Were there hookers involved?

Haha son, you know it. :laugh:

And whats this about you going to see STFU instead of coming here? Is Phil scared?
:D
Peace!

J03

Smash Master
lol reacher's comig down to bolton for a laugh, good times, booze and to see our amazing hospitality first hand...but above all that...he comes here coz he wants a real challege for a change
:laugh::chuckle:

nice job on the sig there charles it looks cool, though i do smell a counterfitting lawsuit in your immediate future ^_^

Aiko

Smash Champion
Hey everyone. Weekend at coey's was freakin awesome. Crew matches were fantastic, and everyone learnt something. Best weekend in ages!

Reacher kicked everyone so we got revenge by making him sleep on the floor :D

pastorius

Smash Rookie
Hey!

I was wondering if theres anyone around midlands way interested in meeting up sometime and having a bash? I got some mates and were dying for competition :D. We can't make newcastle and was wondering if theres maybe anything going off round our way. ALso was wondering if anyone plays locally as well, i live in city of glocks.

Kone

Smash Master
Pastorius :

Some info for you man. The UK scene isn't massive, though within the last year it has dramatically improved. However, there isn't alot of players per area of the UK. In the midlands you got scott in rugby and then bit further travel the Bolton lads. Other than that its a trip to London and one of the mini-london smashfests/tournaments that charles(fuzzynesss on boards) runs. Believe there is one in March.

Basically what im trying to say is that if you guys are wanting real competition your going to have to travel. Theres never going to be a large, worthwhile tournament sitting on your doorstep. In fact, we've sorted out a frequent chain of tournaments , the 'UK Circuit', that runs from Sept - Sept. As in, its season based like in football and players incur points based on their perfomances at each. Go back a few pages for recent rankings.

UK 06-07 SEASON SCHEDULE
------------------------------

April 21st - EDster Newcastle upon Tyne

SUMMER (June, July,Aug) - TNJ2 (Yeovil) , Possible Scottish tournament, Possible London tournament.

Basically Summer dates to be organsied.

So yeah, if your serious your going have to get travelling. Tournaments are more than worthwhile. You get some serious trianing in and meet the entire friendly UK community. I really urge you to get to the Newcastle tournament. Its going to be the largest and most signifcant UK tournament to date. Oh, and if you miss it your waiting till the summer for anything else.

Welcome to Uk smash,

ED

Jiraiya_Inc

Smash Apprentice
To Aiko:
You mean the weekend at Golfie's & JiR's crib, hosted by J03, Coey, B.B with the Guest appearance of REACHER the legend of :D

glad you enjoyed it :)

pastorius

Smash Rookie
Kone:

Hey, thanks alot for your input and effort, i appreciate it. As regards to Newcastle me and my mates could possibly get up there but that weekend is a no hoper :'(. Could you give any more information on the tournament in Yeovil? is Yeovil near somerset or that region?

But to be honest summer seems the best time to go anywhere anyway.

Thanks!

Jesusaur

Smash Rookie
Hey, Kone. I don't know if you remember me, but I used to post here about 1-2 years ago. I think my username was lotr freak, or something.

Anyway, me & my friend Rob once came to Rugby. We met like 5 people. I don't really remember anyone's names. One was definately called Ste & maybe Jam.

Well, we're definately looking for some real compeition now. We've been playing the game pretty frequentley for years now. Pastorius has a car, so that means tournaments. >_>

I primarily play Marth & Dr.Mario, just depends really.

Just thought I'd say how much I'm impressed with your skills in keeping the UK smash scene alive, and I hope we can play sometime in the near future. I think I've actually got your MSN - My screen name is Oliver. E-mail address is gamer_housley@hotmail.com

J03

Smash Master
Hey guys, thanks to reacher, BB, smashie and aiko for coming around for some good times.

Crew matches were awesome with BB taking all of reachers 4 stock with peach vs ganon =o in one of them and the legendary Jam(different one) taking a stock in both matches though he had never picked up a GC controller ^_^

Reacher-your alts are awesome :). finally took a match of your marth...now just need to work for the set =P, the patter on saturday night was classic goodtimes son. yours and coeys falco dittos MM were just too close, MAN^ SON!, thanks for coming it was fun and i hope you enjoyed it

BB- thanks for coming, i always love fighting your peach and your G&W is too good, the G&W/bowser MM was class, thanks for beating Pers ganon UNDERDOG FTW!! and team foxy lady is too good

Smashie- finally got to meet you, you definatly earned your place in STFU, keep up the marth and GZ on countering my upair combo's, tbh i think you need to come up like every weekend to trainn your anti fastfaller a bit more. thanks for coming up and hope you enjoyed it hope to see you soon son!

Aiko- considering the length of time youve been playing your like Ken ^_^, keep up the smash and remember to vary your game vs all you char match ups but your cheap kill skills are unmatched 0_o

greg+ste, thanks for letting us set up in your kitchen, made for good times and the washing up match was the most legendary thing ever lol, greg keep up the Y.link but try to train your sheik there a bit!!

coey: loving your washing up o_0

jez: your banter is legend !!!

great weekend, great guys, great patter, great matches, great times ^_^

and remember your crew flags lads lololololol

STFU-trying NOT to be the worst haha

<3 J03

Mole_!

Smash Cadet
lol reacher's comig down to bolton for a laugh, good times, booze and to see our amazing hospitality first hand...but above all that...he comes here coz he wants a real challege for a change
:laugh::chuckle:

nice job on the sig there charles it looks cool, though i do smell a counterfitting lawsuit in your immediate future ^_^
I laughed out loud there like.

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
Haha lost?! Explain! Were there hookers involved?

Haha son, you know it. :laugh:

And whats this about you going to see STFU instead of coming here? Is Phil scared?
:D
Peace!

Unfortunately it's not that interesting. We just got pretty lost, and I fell onto some rocks which really hurt, then I fell into a stream and it was bloody freezing. Testing times as they say.

Your sig is amazing by the way, stupid uairs, I honestly couldn't do anything :laugh:

STFU: Thanks for letting me stay this weekend guys, it was amazing, some of the patter in particular was top notch. Hopefully I'll be able to make the trip again in the not to distant future. I've still got my crew sign by the way, but I forgot to take that bit of the fridge home with me :chuckle:

craiigg

Smash Lord
uk stuff is harder to find than you think on here, looks like i just missed a tourny? : (
whats the info on londons scene? im closest to there. know a couple of people though so might turn up to a couple tournys that theyre off too

Nemi

Smash Cadet
yeah, bad luck on that one!
next big tounament is newcastle in easter- trust me, it'll be worth the travel
theres quite a lot of smashers down south, ask them if there's anything goin on soon

J03

Smash Master
4 hrs is nothing!

Try getting a bus for 7 hours then waiting at the train station for 2 hours followed by a train for 3 hours! All in all that's 12 hours!
in the car with doug we had traffic, our travel time was 13 hours o_0 still well worth it mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
No,the car journey took about 8-9 hours.

I found the idea of long travel very daunting at first,but once I got into the community and started playing good players I realised the travel was worth it.The idea of travelling more than 2 hours to smash seemed abit too much for me at first,and one year later I travelled 13 hours to get to Yeovil.

You gotta way up the pros and cons.

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
definiately.

i mean, for us down here, to get up to a tournement that isnt our own requires about 10hrs travel (give or take) , and about £50 to cover said travel, per tournement.

but definately sodding worth it.

-x-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom