• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Breeding/Shiny Thread

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Due to the sudden outburst of discussions about breeding, I thought I'd come in with a breeding thread. Now, we used to have a thread for this, which I don't know what happened to, but it's coming back with this.

Here you can talk about anything pertaining to shiny/bred pokemon really: Pokemon with perfect IVs, a kicking shiny Garchomp, or maybe a combination of both :D

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Let's see..I could write a "How too" on breeding, but smogon makes it useless :(

I've officially got 20 something Eved/IV pokemon, legendaries IVS are not top notch, but the bred ones all have multiple 31s or really high numbers. My best one yet is my Kingdra whom is 28-30-27-31-29-31 (looked it up this time)/Scyther Adamant Technician 31-31-31-5-28-29.

Recently I also got a 30-29-28-30-30-31 Mixmence as well.

Mewter

Smash Master
I'm breeding a dragon team right now with Dragonite, Garcomp, Salamence, etc.
Actually, I started sometime in early(?) 09, but I haven't finished yet. :laugh:

Nice, Shimazu!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I thought this was going to be a "how to" guide
Since I've never bred anything competitive before and I've only done it for completing my dex, I wouldn't be the guy for this.

And I just wrote this because I've been getting irked that stuff I don't understand is happening in other threads :mad:

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
From what I continually read, Shimazu is an excellent breeder if not only because of his commitment :D

BBQTV

Smash Master
i believe you can just hack iv/ev so you dont have to waste time

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I've never RNG because I'm "too lazy to do it" (yet I breed, funny huh?)

And it is worth the final product, you do get that good feeling in your body. The sad thing is, I need to do a Lucario, Resttalk Gyara, and then capture 2 legendaries. Then I have two teams done, and 24ish randomly ived pokemon that make a cluster **** team. (Sad that kingdra is thrown in the bag of 24, never found a good use for her, except to replace mixmence on offense every now and then)

It's actually really easy to breed with power items now. You take a craptastic pokemon and a craptastic ditto of the nature you want. By 18 eggs or so you'll have one or two with randomly generated 31s. Use Power items on the male to multiply your 31's gradually (Everstone on female). Eventually you'll have great breeding partners and its only a matter of time.

If only there was a way to manipulate hidden powers.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yep. Can't wait to do Gyara. Karps hatch in 600 steps... such amazing hatchrate makes me happy. Almost done with breeding for now too makes me happy, though I'm sad 80% of my pokemon didn't make the 2 teams.. feels like tryouts for some sport.

Edit:

BUT if salamence gets banned to ubers, my kingdra can easily replace his spot.

Bowser_Gangsta

Smash Lord
Hmm.. When you're trying to get a near perfect IV spread, do you breed with your offspring again and again? Because I usually only make sure Two IVs are perfect and the others are okay, but it seems you have a sure fire way of getting everything at least 28 or above.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I have a high luck stat in the rpg game called life XD

But really.. what happens is I'll get a mom that's like 28/31/10/X/20/31 and a dad thats like 9/31/31/X/31/31 and I'll breed and hope that I get 3 good stats passed down. When 3 good stats get passed down, the chance of your other 3 RNG ones being good seems to be higher because they can be 31 or lower (if a 31 passes down(

rockem7

Smash Ace
Breeding is taking a long time for me right now because I don't have an Adamant Ditto and I've been trying to catch some, but I keep getting different natures.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Go to the game corner with 5 slots open and 1000+ points

Save.

Get 5 abras check for synchronize/nature.

Rinse/repeat and then go catch a ditto with it infront.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
My girlfriend started a project of getting a good ditto of every nature... I believe she quit at 8, but she has Espeons with Synchronize of every nature XD.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So true. I've learned today that baby pokemon are the most pathetic excuse of life ever. >_> Annoying for breeders, and worthless for battling.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
But so can the basic stage of Pokemon, no? I mean do baby pokemon have any really special ability?

- Low stats, can't be used ingame for a fun playthrough without struggling.
- Can't produce, meaning breeding is hard.
- Have annoying evolvlution rules.

>_>

BBQTV

Smash Master
for a second i thought this said the bleeding/shiny thread. anyway their should tournaments with only baby pokemon

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Munchlax would dominate that. >_> He'd eat all the items on the stage and then have massive poop-action

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
for a second i thought this said the bleeding/shiny thread. anyway their should tournaments with only baby pokemon
Actually, thanks BBQTV for giving me an idea for my IT'S OVER 9000!!! tourney I plan on having when I hit 9001 posts :p

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Hey Roach, read what I said. Can't Basics pass egg moves as well? Also, I'd love that Tourney.

And on a final note, Muchlax would dominate. I said it again 'cuz it's true!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I wanna see how Wynaut fairs in there.

But I'm calling that idea. For the next tourneys nobody better steal the baby idea :mad:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
That is blatant cheating. Wynaut is a god among baby pokemon, you should know that. >_> It is a cute little bugger though, isn't it.

I did some research, by the way. Baby moves can be passed on... so if you evolve and breed they pass, meaning for the most part babies are useless. Completely useless and annoying >_>.

I think GF introduced them to make a different way to give moves, in fact I'm 99% sure that is their sole purpose, so you were right, but they still fail.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I want to see Igglybuff vs Cleffa. Lol it'd be even funnier if you bred a wifi baby team and tried to use it in those VGC tourneys. Lol

rockem7

Smash Ace
90% as in what...? Aren't the only baby pokemon like Magby, Elekid, Pichu, Smoochum, Cleffa, and Igglybuff? Or are the 4th gen ones like Bonsly, Mime Jr., and Munchlax included too?

BBQTV

Smash Master
90% as in what...? Aren't the only baby pokemon like Magby, Elekid, Pichu, Smoochum, Cleffa, and Igglybuff? Or are the 4th gen ones like Bonsly, Mime Jr., and Munchlax included too?
of course.

Top Bottom