• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Brawl to end them all"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pai

Smash Cadet
NNID
Paestries
3DS FC
2036-7921-7608
Now that I've thought about it, and seen people posting things like "Oh, I want so and so and this and that in the next game..."...
Did anyone else notice this tagline thing? I mean, it's really, really early to start saying "This is the last one." OR to say "There'll be another." But still. I was just wondering. Do you think Brawl is the last in the series?
Like the rest of you guys, I'm hoping there'll be at least one more, but you never know, right?

Flax

Smash Rookie
I really hope not. Don't get me wrong, Brawl's a great game. There's a lot they could improve. They could vastly buff up the online system. Think we can agree its lacking.

majorojam

Smash Apprentice
As long as there's money and demand, there's Super Smash Bros. Sakurai has stated that there are many things that he would have liked to include in the game, but because of time, he could not include them (and if I'm not mistaken, he also said that if there ever was another game, that perhaps he could revive these ideas then).

I remember reading a post somewhere on here speculating that another company may buy the rights for SSB and develop the next title in the series -- so who knows what direction it may be headed in.

Doc_Gerbil

Smash Rookie
They need:

-Better online system
-Better Stage Builder
-MegaMan, Isaac, a few others.. ;)

This better not be the last Smash Bros.. and with it being the fastest selling game in NoA history I wouldn't think it would be. The only thing that could happen is Sakurai not heading it.

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if there is another smash bros., but if there is, it probably isn't gonna come out until the next nintendo console, which is like at least 6 years away. But, then again, alot of things could change with nintendo in the next 6 years.

tehmpest

Smash Rookie
It's the Brawl to end them all. But it's the only Brawl in the smash series

>.>

<.<

Iwantsmashdsplz

Darkwolfg

Smash Apprentice
i beleave they will make onother(why would they drop one of there greatest cashcows with one of the largest fanbase?)also i think the online brawl was just a test for when they bring melee online to the systom(yes it is comming,look it up). however the next smash is gonna be made by someone else cause if im not mistaken sakurai said he was not doing it again.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It will not be the last in ther series. That is a fact. Whether or not it's Sakurai's last one can be debated.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
the question is will sakurai do the next one
Bingo.

SSB is too much of a cash cow for the franchise to end this early, but it's very possible that the next installment will be under new direction.

I guess you can come to your own conclusions on whether or not that's a good thing.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Bingo.

SSB is too much of a cash cow for the franchise to end this early, but it's very possible that the next installment will be under new direction.

I guess you can come to your own conclusions on whether or not that's a good thing.
The one thing that scares me is Nintendo said if sakurai didn't agree to do Brawl they would have re-done melee with online

poorboy93

Smash Cadet
They need:

-Better online system
-Better Stage Builder
-MegaMan, Isaac, a few others.. ;)

. The only thing that could happen is Sakurai not heading it.
Sakuria not heading means.... NO TRIPPING =] and a completely better game than brawl or melee,
The best game ever would be combining them both, take out WD and Tripping and put Lcancel back in

Sir_Psycho

Smash Apprentice
Saying there will never be another Smash Bros. is ridiculous. SSB has introduced itself as one of the most successful, if not THE most successful multiplayer Nintendo game. It makes money, and people love it--spells success from a business standpoint. Sure, Brawl wasn't intended, but Melee kind of gained ground as it aged, and Brawl has had a much more successful start than Melee has.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Phase 1- Make new game

Phase 2- ???

Phase 3- Profit.

Nintendo+Profit = Love so yeah there will be a new one even if -Sakurai.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Sakuria not heading means.... NO TRIPPING =] and a completely better game than brawl or melee,
The best game ever would be combining them both, take out WD and Tripping and put Lcancel back in
Sakurai not heading means the first one wouldn't have even really existed. Nice point.

Seriously, the prospect of another smash is possible, but it's slim. Especially for near future (and I say that as in the next two or three years near future). I, honestly, think they should just port the game to arcade usage, so they can make updates here and there so people stop whining all the time XD

Corigames

Smash Hero
If they ended smash here, it would be like ending Halo's story on 2. To the majority of people, it wouldn't matter, but there would still be a lot of people very, very upset and confused as to why.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Well, geez, with that, logic, there's no way it could be wrong! This is an airtight case, right here.

If you're going to use that logic, you could say that the Final Smash was put it because this is the "Final Smash" that Sakurai is working on.

Flax

Smash Rookie
*Recalls the million or so Mario Party games*
It sells, so did this one. Probably be a title that you'll always see.

Mic_129

Smash Clone
BRoomer
It's just because it's a tagline guys. The fact that Nintendo are seeing how eager people are for a sequel to Brawl should be a big enough hint that Smash isn't going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom