• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread. V-13 hates you! Edit: Now with gamertags! <3 See first post.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
so 8bit came over and i played blaz blue for the first time (finally). I gotta say, if i bought the game i would main the girl with the staff and/or the girl with the two guns.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Placed at another tourney today. Got 3rd. :( I'm pretty disapointed about that but oh well.
Results were like(for characters):
1. Nu
2. Jin
3. Nu
4. Arakune
etc etc etc

Out of the tournies i've been to in CFL, I've only seen Nu, Arakune and Jin players place in tourney(and one Ragna).

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
Placed at another tourney today. Got 3rd. :( I'm pretty disapointed about that but oh well.
Results were like(for characters):
1. Nu
2. Jin
3. Nu
4. Arakune
etc etc etc

Out of the tournies i've been to in CFL, I've only seen Nu, Arakune and Jin players place in tourney(and one Ragna).
Solution: Play Tager

DC

Smash Cadet
Hey you can go ahead at add my gamertag to the list...

Name: DC
Gamertag: DCXXX

I should have my 360 back very soon. Noel Vermillion almost has Rachel Alucard status but I have yet to learn anything past her bnbs so I won't list her yet... but my Rachel is too good and I don't even own the game.

Did you guys know that Noel likes to write poetry but refuses to show anyone?

Yeah that's right, I went there.

DC

Smash Cadet
We need to bring BB to ZP soo sfl can get some comp
I remember a couple weeks after the game came out there was like more than a dozen people playing out at ZP, all of them legit. Where did they all go?

Miami I bet <_<;
Yeah that was us... Dreadz, Lee, me, Luis, Benny and some other dudes.
Will and the owner of ZP played sometimes, too. We even had a BB doubles tournament there once lol. Jeff and some other GG players were there. Idk after Dreadz moved we don't really meetup anymore, I don't think Lee plays anymore either.

I keep trying to get them to do meetups again but nobody cares anymore... lazy ****s.

Whatever, I'll get my practice on XBL once I get my Xbox back.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
This game is so sick! I played it for the first time yesterday (well, the first time where I actually got to play for an extended period of time and learn how to do the moves I wanted <_<) and I love it so much. I really wanna get into this, but this'll be my first "traditional" fighter and I'm a little nervous about how long it will take to get beyond just learning the BnB combos and start getting into the deeper stuff. Glad to hear that BB is relatively easy to pick up though.

Laijin

Smash Hero
This game is so sick! I played it for the first time yesterday (well, the first time where I actually got to play for an extended period of time and learn how to do the moves I wanted <_<) and I love it so much. I really wanna get into this, but this'll be my first "traditional" fighter and I'm a little nervous about how long it will take to get beyond just learning the BnB combos and start getting into the deeper stuff. Glad to hear that BB is relatively easy to pick up though.
Awesome bro. If you ever want any practice you should call me. I play with the community in orlando sometimes.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Yeah that was us... Dreadz, Lee, me, Luis, Benny and some other dudes.
Will and the owner of ZP played sometimes, too. We even had a BB doubles tournament there once lol. Jeff and some other GG players were there. Idk after Dreadz moved we don't really meetup anymore, I don't think Lee plays anymore either.

I keep trying to get them to do meetups again but nobody cares anymore... lazy ****s.

Whatever, I'll get my practice on XBL once I get my Xbox back.
You weren't there when I went... I'm positive you weren't.

DC

Smash Cadet
You weren't there when I went... I'm positive you weren't.
I started playing after everyone else started playing, thus I wasn't there for all of the times they went.

All the people I can remember who came...
Dreadz (Jin)
Lee (Arakune)
Some white dude who worked at Play N Trade who always brought the 360 (Arakune)
Me (Rachel)
Luis (Hakumen)
Benny (Arakune)
Jesus (Ragna)
Dreadz friend #1 (Noel)
Tito
Owner of ZP (Nu)
Random Hakumen player (Always brought a PS3 and an LCD TV)
Random Litchi player
Random Taokaka player

From the one BB tournament that we had...
Jeff (Rachel)
Jeffs partner (???)
Will (Noel)
Random Ragna player
Random Nu player
Afro (Taokaka, my partner lol)
Dreadz parter (Hakumen, apparently he's winning the Miami tournaments now)

Those are all the people I can remember. Now that I think about it I've only seen you at ZP once XIF. I destroyed your Wario with Ike lol.

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
if you've ever played ANY 2D fighter, especially GGXX, then BlazBlue is a cake walk to get into.
its a **** load easier than mvc2, ggax, 3S, and the list goes on. honestly i think this was easier to pick up than arcana hearts (FYI marty get at me if your ever in sfl)
combos are easy to learn and there is a lot of input time for combos.

BTW if anyone wants to play hit me up i'll be at zp Friday and bring a setup. i'll show you how easy it is

DC

Smash Cadet
if you've ever played ANY 2D fighter, especially GGXX, then BlazBlue is a cake walk to get into.
The only easily accessible games (aka not Japanese only, arcade only, etc) games I can think of off the top of my head that are probably harder to learn are GG and maybe MvC.

Street Fighter?

...lol

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
The only easily accessible games (aka not Japanese only, arcade only, etc) games I can think of off the top of my head that are probably harder to learn are GG and maybe MvC.

Street Fighter?

...lol
I meant that I was happy to know I'm not getting into some MvC/GG fighter where I need to have lightning fast fingers to pull off combos. I'm playing Jin, who has a rather basic moveset while still being a decent character right? It would be different if I were playing Arukune or Carl or something.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I'd love to see FRC'ing included in a later installment, granted, if they made one.

...and Dark Sonic gets points for having a Fire Emblem sig. <3

Laijin

Smash Hero
learning curves... from easy to challenging

1. Melty Blood
2. Arcana Heart
3. BlazBlue
4. Guilty Gear
I completely and entirely disagree with this list as it is completely false.
There is no way Melty Blood and Arcana Heart is easier to learn than BlazBlue.

I picked up V-13 and literally learned all of her BnBs in less than half an hour and can perform them without fail. I definantly can not do that with any character in either Melty Blood or Arcana Heart in just half an hour.
I don't even have to continue this argument. But the end result is that BlazBlue is probably one the easiest 2D fighters I have ever played and I'm sure a ton of people will agree with me.

Guilty Gear is definantly up at the top for hardest though.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I started playing after everyone else started playing, thus I wasn't there for all of the times they went.

All the people I can remember who came...
Dreadz (Jin)
Lee (Arakune)
Some white dude who worked at Play N Trade who always brought the 360 (Arakune)
Me (Rachel)
Luis (Hakumen)
Benny (Arakune)
Jesus (Ragna)
Dreadz friend #1 (Noel)
Tito
Owner of ZP (Nu)
Random Hakumen player (Always brought a PS3 and an LCD TV)
Random Litchi player
Random Taokaka player

From the one BB tournament that we had...
Jeff (Rachel)
Jeffs partner (???)
Will (Noel)
Random Ragna player
Random Nu player
Afro (Taokaka, my partner lol)
Dreadz parter (Hakumen, apparently he's winning the Miami tournaments now)

Those are all the people I can remember. Now that I think about it I've only seen you at ZP once XIF. I destroyed your Wario with Ike lol.
What the **** is Miami doing? A Hakumen player is winning tournaments..
That sure does say a lot about the rest of you guys. :\ Unless this guy is really ****ing good. Which is really hard for me to imagine since its Hakumen, who in my opinion is the worst character in the game. He does'nt even have a good approach except instant air dashing and that gets pretty old fast.

Can't wait to play you guys. You all should come by a central florida tournament sometime ;o

learning curves... from easy to challenging

1. Melty Blood
2. Arcana Heart
3. BlazBlue
4. Guilty Gear
I completely and entirely disagree with this list as it is completely false.
There is no way Melty Blood and Arcana Heart is easier to learn than BlazBlue.

I picked up V-13 and literally learned all of her BnBs in less than half an hour and can perform them without fail. I definantly can not do that with any character in either Melty Blood or Arcana Heart in just half an hour.
I don't even have to continue this argument. But the end result is that BlazBlue is probably one the easiest 2D fighters I have ever played and I'm sure a ton of people will agree with me.

Guilty Gear is definantly up at the top for hardest though.

I meant that I was happy to know I'm not getting into some MvC/GG fighter where I need to have lightning fast fingers to pull off combos. I'm playing Jin, who has a rather basic moveset while still being a decent character right? It would be different if I were playing Arukune or Carl or something.
Jin is really good. He has very high damaging BnBs and awesome pressure game. He is also relatively simple to learn(as most characters in the game are).

Arakune and Carl are up there on the more difficult side to learn.

DC

Smash Cadet
I picked up V-13 and literally learned all of her BnBs in less than half an hour and can perform them without fail.
learning some BnBs =/= understanding how to play the game

AfroQT

Smash Master
Please let SFL get some practice.
I don't wanna be extremely disappointed when I play you guys.
Flash Metroid does not play and hes kinda less than average at this game..
If he did play he'd destroy everyone.

EDIT:
I would say SF4 has more difficult things to learn then BB.

DC

Smash Cadet
The only thing I thought that was hard about SF4 was it's unforgiving buffering system... which is why I don't play.

But if I did... Sakura all day baby.

Top Bottom