• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Sukai

Smash Champion
Just noticed this thread...

Any 360 owners around here want to get some games in? (Rachel/Tager main, picking up Carl/Tao/Ragna)

Oh, and I don't know if anyone's noticed, but if you break someone's Guard Libra with a Burst then they WILL NOT die, even with Tager's 720. They will still die if you break it legitimately.
Skye kun

Yeah. Litchi matches are still difficult for me. I only win some matches, but they're all due to luck.
I've noticed I played too defensively as I did against Jins in the past.
I tried watching videos, but I only found one good one with MSY (I wasn't searching hard, really).

I still need to read it up on Dustloop though.
Litchi is a pain in the ***, **** up once, and it's a free corner loop if the player knows their ****.
If anyone wants to get torn apart add Lord Qua on XBL.
I think I've fought (and lost to) you.
There is a new Loc test tomorrow. I'll let you guys know what's up. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for crazy buffs for everybody. Until then, enjoy this
*Right Clicks, Save As*
So who here plays with an arcade stick and who plays on pad? I prefer the Dualshock for fighting games (the main reason I got a PS3 was because of the controller). I've tried 6-button pads, and I don't like losing the two extra shoulder buttons. I've tried to use stick before as well, but I just can't get any feel for it.
I can't see myself getting good with an Arcade Stick, I stick with controller, after a while, you get used to it.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I have the Hori Fighting Stick for PS3. And I modded my Mad Catz one, but I don't much care for it, truthfully.

Jam, if you want to learn how to play on a stick, you will have to put in lots of practice to get your old skills back. I know I sure did. I couldn't get it either, at first.
I like pad, I just wanted to try stick. I definitely respect stick players though, I'm not coordinated enough to do things like rapid cancel or burst without having them mapped to the extra shoulder buttons.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I'm gonna just blow out and get a SFIV TE stick.

And yeah, I know some friends who have had a stick for 6+ months and they still feel like turds (ever so slightly) whenever they play. They say it's infinitely fun, though. :)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I find playing with a stick a lot more fun. And it took me a good solid month (at least), before I was back up to my old skills. Not that they're very good anyway. :p But yeah, if you're serious about learning stick, you just have to suck it up, try hard, and do your best. Also, NEVER go back to playing on a D-pad. Seriously. It'll just ruin whatever skills you've managed to accumulate on stick.

Sometimes, I really do miss my awesome D-pad callous on my thumb though.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i bought a sfiv te stick and haven't regretted it yet : D messed around in training for aobut a week relearning my basic comboes, then fine tuned it after about two weeks of playing online.

granted, i'm pretty crappy still, so i miss inputs. but i missed inputs on the 360 pad (i used the analog stick >< i even used it in ggac on ps2...), but it's alot easier to control the buttons i want pressed and the direction i want to input. my main problem is that i rush the button inputs so i end up doing rachel's jb instead of pumpkin ALL THE FUKCING TIME :mad:

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Knuxrouge, I'm going to assume "Skye kun" is your XBL? I'll add you soon.

XBL: X the Derp

Also, does anyone know if there's a special type of cord that lets me use a 360 controller on PS3? All the tournaments enforce PS3 as the "go to" system and that controller messes up my execution. :/

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Knuxrouge, I'm going to assume "Skye kun" is your XBL? I'll add you soon.

XBL: X the Derp

Also, does anyone know if there's a special type of cord that lets me use a 360 controller on PS3? All the tournaments enforce PS3 as the "go to" system and that controller messes up my execution. :/
look up something called a cthulu board. or something similar to that. you'll need to install it into your stick (i think it's just basic soldering, though) but that lets you use it for ps3/ps2 and, i think, pc as well.

also, the tech talk forums on srk have alot of useful information about that stuff on them.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
So remind me again why fighting game developers love to give shoryuken-motion moves insane priority and/or invincibility frames?

noradseven

Smash Lord
So remind me again why fighting game developers love to give shoryuken-motion moves insane priority and/or invincibility frames?
Because its tradition most of the motions have tendancys.

623/28:crazy *** priority AA, normally totally unsafe on block/whiff.
236/46: projectile/extra long range poke
421,214,63214,22: Sometimes charges or powerup self moves
421: Anti ground rush down, sometimes also a pressure setup, occasionally DP alt.
214: Pressure/stance setup, or distance punisher.
22: normally a attack that pops out of the ground some distance away, often a trap as well.
63214: its probably going to be a grab sometimes its 632146 though.
41236:Normally a slower/better 236 style move.
360degrees: its a grab
412: its an alpha counter, though 214 is an alpha counter in MB for some reason.

This owns because then I can change fighters and not go, nonono in this game my anti air is 214 instead of 623, and confuse myself.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Thanks for pointing out the obvious, :laugh:

The trailer didn't show much gameplay, mostly just possible story events and animations. Most of the gameplay shown is what we've already seen. It's probably a promotional trailer.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Thanks for pointing out the obvious, :laugh:

The trailer didn't show much gameplay, mostly just possible story events and animations. Most of the gameplay shown is what we've already seen. It's probably a promotional trailer.
All the more reason to have more original material!
That's like if they used clips from Sonic Adventure one in their trailer for Sonic Adventure 2.

And look who's talking Mr. Thanks for pointing out the obvious, :laugh:

noradseven

Smash Lord
Why are you complaining about fighting game openings its tradition for them to be terrible, and just have some spites of the characters and possibly like 5-10 seconds of animated fighting, followed by some more sprites and rad music, I mean seriously now.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Please don't confuse your opinion for fact.
I find quite a few fighting game openings to be quite well done, CT's Arcade (and Console, without mentioning) opening are really good, as well as Smash Bros (Melee), just about every Soul Calibur, Street Fighter 2 (earlier editions), and others.

So being appeased with fighting game openings, it's at least worth noting that CS' opening is a little cheap.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Please don't confuse your opinion for fact.
I find quite a few fighting game openings to be quite well done, CT's Arcade (and Console, without mentioning) opening are really good, as well as Smash Bros (Melee), just about every Soul Calibur, Street Fighter 2 (earlier editions), and others.

So being appeased with fighting game openings, it's at least worth noting that CS' opening is a little cheap.
I like them but for the most part they are cheesy, Smash bros really does have a sweet OP, but even the others you mentioned, they just seem cheesy for other reasons, I guess I should of used the word cheesy instead of terrible, its like they are trying to be awesome but somehow failing, I don't know I find them amusing though.:dizzy:

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Carl:
Brio can be regular guarded in air (i think that's what it says)

2A>5B>6B>canta>volante>5C>JB>JC>JB>JC 2065
2A>2B>3C>J2C>alle>5C>JB>JC>JB>JC 1600
~3C>input volante>hit downed opponent with 2B>volante hits>5C~ Air combo after 5C not confirmed.
(neesan behind carl)2A>5B>6B>canta>2D>A viva(?)>2C>8D>volante>5B~ (jB doesn't combo afterwards so so knockdown after volante may be a good idea)

6C startup feels the same
focco, 3D no change
Volante > 2A 664
has step jump... holy moly I'm pretty sure I read this right 'ステジャンプ' (this is big change, this can open up quite a few things for carl)
step jump covers 1/3 of screen
step cancel into alle isn't hard, but no use found thus far
ground target jb > jC does not combo (same as CT)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Why are you complaining about fighting game openings its tradition for them to be terrible, and just have some spites of the characters and possibly like 5-10 seconds of animated fighting, followed by some more sprites and rad music, I mean seriously now.

I don't know, I mean, Melee and Street Fighter 4 have pretty good openings. And a few others.

Also, I can't find Blazblue ANYWHERE, it's bothering me. I really want to play it :(

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I love the openings. They grow on me.

Well, my part of the world still hasn't received BB. The only way to get it, (for me, anyway) was to order it online. Good luck!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Haha, I didn't even notice that.

Though I suppose you could argue that Rachel could be made a tier unto herself. She is that good.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Okaaay, so I've picked up Noel again. I can't remember how to approach with her. :mad:

Suggestions?
You don't.
Bait with backdashes and what not and camp until you see an opening.
That's what I've observed form all the better Noels I fight.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah, I've been playing Noel off and on since I got the game, I just haven't played BB in a couple months, so I need to get my skills back.

Thanks, guys!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Haha, I didn't even notice that.

Though I suppose you could argue that Rachel could be made a tier unto herself. She is that good.
She really is. I played a Rachel today that rocked my socks. Both times we played, I would come within a hair of beating him in the first round, then he would perfect me in the second round.

And I almost got double-perfected by a chain-grabbing, clap-looping Carl today. The double perfect is just the worst thing that can happen to you :(

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Apparently, they're fixing the clap loop in CS. There's a distinct lack of Carl players on PSN, so I don't come across too many clap-loopers.

Top Bottom