• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I suggest completely ignoring Lythi's advice. Forget all that junk and just air dash in with a j.C. Solves ALL your troubles.

But seriously, you pretty much have to make Lambda commit to something until you can really do too much. It sucks sometimes yeah, but it seems to be how it is when I play against her.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
So should I be patient and wait for her to throw out a move first? Or do I aggressively force space pressure through barrier canceling like against mu?

Also, is that CS2 or EX advice lol. Since 214B trajectory changed, I'm not sure if it still applies?

That and does 214A~D fatal wall bounce in EX anymore? I forget.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Okay, well. I don't really know Makoto-specific stuff. But being patient is key to winning this match-up. The worst thing you can do against Lambda is just rush in.

Unless you're going to eat a super or air-unblockable, I probably wouldn't barrier. Barrier got buffed in Extend, so it's going to push you even further away. I know in CS2, Makoto's j.2C was a really good move against Lambda, and she doesn't really have an answer to it. I don't know if this is still the case in Extend though. If the Lambda player is mashing drive blockstrings, parry dat shizz. Watch out for her 236D oki, she can get good damage off it. Also, Lambda's blockstrings are pretty easy to IB, so that may help you a bit.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
NOT barriering?

Huh.

I guess I'll have to jump around like a flying squirrel then \o/.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
NOT barriering?

Huh.

Well, you can. But I wouldn't necessarily recommend prolonged use of barrier during blockstrings, for example. It's just going to make it harder for you to get in.

But Lambda isn't good up close, so as long as you can get in her face, she's yours.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
NOT barriering?

Huh.

Well, barrier cancel to stop your runs whenever she starts pressing D so you can block in time.
Don't barrier block her attacks though since that means you'll be stuck in block stun longer as opposed to just blocking.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
So should I be patient and wait for her to throw out a move first? Or do I aggressively force space pressure through barrier canceling like against mu?

Also, is that CS2 or EX advice lol. Since 214B trajectory changed, I'm not sure if it still applies?

That and does 214A~D fatal wall bounce in EX anymore? I forget.
It's CSX advice. In CS2, Makoto's 214B~D wasn't high enough to go over Spike Chaser, but the new trajectory is the perfect height for so many things. Counter-hit leads to a free combo. Btw, the reason I say 214B~D instead of 214B is because Makoto pulls back her hitbox slightly and slows her descent during ~D.

214A~D (any level) will wall bounce on counter-hit, but it only fatals if Level 3. It's probably my favorite move in the game now, mostly because I can scooooop more than once.

214A~C beats everything. Can follow-up with ~B on counter-hit, and ~A is safe on block.

I prefer being patient over being aggressive in general, but one thing to note is that Lambda can't punish a spaced 5D. I don't think anyone can punish a perfectly spaced 5D, actually (barring Hazama).

Lythium, I'm not recommending to barrier block everything. I'm sure you already know, but barrier blocking immediately cancels your running animation and lets you block on frame 1. And it was Spelt who gave Hakumen advice.

Also, Makoto's j.2C is horrible trash now. Don't do it on anyone ever.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Lythium, I'm not recommending to barrier block everything. I'm sure you already know, but barrier blocking immediately cancels your running animation and lets you block on frame 1.
Haha, I didn't say you were? I was just giving some general advice to Crusayer about the match-up. I've played with and against Lambda, so I was just sharing what I know about the match-up in general. From the perspective of a Lambda player, and how a rushdown character should approach, and close the gap. I was assuming someone, such as yourself, who plays Makoto, could fill in the necessary details (which you did). Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't really addressing your post when I wrote that.

And it was Spelt who gave Hakumen advice.
My bad. Them reading skills. :embarrass:

Also, Makoto's j.2C is horrible trash now. Don't do it on anyone ever.
That's kinda what I thought, but I wasn't sure if that was the case in Extend.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not that great at the makoto vs lambda match. All I can say that hasn't been said already is if you get in on her do everything possible to make sure she doesn't get out. :dizzy:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I forgot i had work today actually LOL.

So i didn't have time to pick up the game before i rushed to work.

:phone:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Post office lol.

I work the close shift so no way to leave early. I'll have to get it tomorrow.

/o\

:phone:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I don't really understand that statement since game shipments don't go through the post office but the mail service lol.

(PO is the place where you send / (receive special) mail, not the place where people sort mail).

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
This game is so frustrating. Why the **** did I buy the PS3 version? I can't input basic combos with this stupid D-Pad.

lilseph

Smash Ace
I haven't had much time to play, but I've got 3 challenges left to go for Ragna then I'mma do some story mode. Got a good feeling this time around.
I've done all of Lambdas and done 1-10 with Relius so far. I'm trying super hard to learn him but its hard to go straight from Lambda to some one like Relius. :urg:

EDIT: Ryker, it won't be any better on an xbox pad. Learn to deal with it or use a stick.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
My only problem on some of the Ragna challenges is the timing on some of the cancels and especially the Inferno Divider in the corner. Trying to do the single-hit version of D or C instead of the 2-hit version... It makes you climb too high for the wall combo sometimes.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
EDIT: Ryker, it won't be any better on an xbox pad. Learn to deal with it or use a stick.

I'm a pad player. I'm an XBox player. I play a LOT of fighting games. I am good at them. It would be INFINITELY better playing with an XBox pad because the joystick is much easier for me to play on than the PS3's DPad.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
One, it's not in the same position as the XBox joystick which makes it a whole new muscle memory. Two, it's simply not as good for inputting commands as the XBox joystick. The XBox DPad is complete and utter ****, but the joystick is muuuuuuch better than PS3.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Then you just gotta deal with it.

Go into training mode and just do some 236/623 moves and whatever else you might need for a few hours, you'll get it down.

It will be a better use of time than complaining too. :3

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What gets me is 360, 632146, and 236236 motions. The longer inputs are killing me.

That and being extremely frustrated with Jin's new combo base.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Good thing I play Makoto. Don't have to deal with any of that TK stuff like I have to on the keyboard `-`.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
That d-pad still sucks apparently lol.

Why would you buy the PS3 version if you were originally a 360 player anyway?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
That d-pad still sucks apparently lol.

Why would you buy the PS3 version if you were originally a 360 player anyway?

Well, if it helps, technically the PS3 version of Blazblue is the "Canonical Tournament Version".

And speaking of Extend, I checked Amazon and they shipped it out around 5pm last night. Delivery date still reads "March 5th", but I'm pretty sure it'll be here around Monday/Tuesday, so woo! :bee:

Top Bottom