• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Biggest Question Pokemon Can Pose..

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
We're all familiar with the world of Pokemon, if you weren't, you probably wouldn't be in this forum. In the world of Pokemon humans and the animals, known as pokemon (Go Figure) live in harmony, usually the biggest evidence of this taking place in the bond between trainer and pokemon. But, however much harmony is seen in the world, it seems humans are still on top. They capture pokemon in small balls that practically convert them to energy. They then proceed to use them in contests of strength. Think of it as the legal version of illegal chicken fights in our world.

But, here's the thing: HOW? How is it even possible, no matter how intelligent humans are, that humans could EVER come up on top?

We're not talking about your normal, everyday animals. Looking at the big picture, Pokemon are literally gods walking the Earth. These are animals that can summon a thunderbolt from the sky whenever they see fit, break a boulder with nothing but a karate chop, pull trees out of the ground using only their minds, let loose a torrent of fire from their throats, take sunlight and turn it into a beam that can destroy entire structures, and much more.

By normal standards, humans should never have made it to the top. They should still be in caves or be extinct, yet, they live. Humans have cities, technology, and are ultimately in control of the pokemon that inhabit the Earth around them.

I want to see if anybody can find a perfect explanation on how this is possible, and just thought I'd post about this, as it's been boggling my mind for the past week...

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hmm... a fine point. How is it too, that humans can throw a mechanical ball at Pokemon, and zap them into laser form to be stored in this ball until release? It raises the question that perhaps Pokemon are all man-made, at least at some point in time.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Hmm... a fine point. How is it too, that humans can throw a mechanical ball at Pokemon, and zap them into laser form to be stored in this ball until release? It raises the question that perhaps Pokemon are all man-made, at least at some point in time.
No, its the other way around. Arceus made the world and all life, so humans are actually pokemon made.

Think of it like this, Humans created a ball that, once used on a pokemon, brainwashed them and gave humans the ability to use these creatures as they see fit. They need only bring down one strong pokemon then use its strength to topple other until they've amassed an army. Soon, nothing can stop humans from controlling pokemon, and doing with them as they please. More so, as if to taunt the remaining pokemon of the world, the humans have seen fit to give these creatures, these gods among men, to children, to use as playthings. Children who use these creatures for things like fighting or even something as trivial as beauty contests.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I've always known of this problem. I'm pretty sure it was hiding in the back of my brain when I was six...

Actually, see my thread "Escape The Humans!". It's a role-play on the Pokemon's view of being caught.

The only way for humans to have survived is if Pokemon training is Stone-age old, or that no-one really payed attention to the humans and, before ya know it, they were compressing you into a hammer-space.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
indeed a great question i like Pink Reapers theory but how would they get the first strong pokemon as they would need to weaken it before it could be captured unless they somehow had already manufactured a master ball but to do tha-*head explodes*

sonofthesky

Smash Journeyman
Because of the magical nerdy power we hold.

200th post dedicated to flaming pointless topics.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
the answer is simple. it's a childrens video game. we all know that. i doubt the people at gamefreak have an explanation on how 12 year olds can stop going to school so they can throw balls at pokemon for their enjoyment.

also how the **** do they know math or any thing that requires education. the only type of school they show in the games/anime are schools for teaching kids younger then 12 how to become pokemon enslavers trainers. lack of education explains ash's stupidity though.

games aimed at children usually don't have answers for the wierd/ilogical things they portray.

pokemon games are ****ing fun though.

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
I would also drink in that general direction.

I think I understand it, by the way...

Remember the 'Dex? It says that Magikarp used to be born as Gyarados. They became weaker over time as smaller Gyarados became evolutionarily selected, gradually leading to carp form. Perhaps someone used the weakened Gyarados to breed a strong, domesticated Gyarados, and it went from there.

Actually, it was Bonguri that people used before Poke` Balls. Presumably, they simply caught a critter and it was tamed.

Overload

Smash Lord
Intelligence.
How is it that in our world humans are on top when bears, sharks, wolves, tigers, etc are completely capable of tearing us apart? Because we have tools and we can do more things with our mind like strategize.

Platypus

Smash Ace
That's not the same thing. In real life, we can hide in caves. We can fight wild animals, to some degree, in groups. Even primitive tools can kill most human-predators.

However, what if a real person ran into a hungry Mawile in a cave? It could certainly kill them without suffering any harm. Furthermore, if it weren't for the non-presence of dinosaurs, humans would have remained meek and ratlike, no?

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I'd also like to pose this question, What would happen if a human and a Pokemon got together and had kids? What would happen then? Supposedly they are as smart or smarter then humans, so I could see this happening, maybe not easily, but its likely.

And I suppose the Pokeball thing was just luck, Pokemon can still go against their trainers if they don't like them, Case in point, Ash's Charazard before the Charazidic Valley.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I'd also like to pose this question, What would happen if a human and a Pokemon got together and had kids? What would happen then? Supposedly they are as smart or smarter then humans, so I could see this happening, maybe not easily, but its likely.

And I suppose the Pokeball thing was just luck, Pokemon can still go against their trainers if they don't like them, Case in point, Ash's Charazard before the Charazidic Valley.
Biology class should answer your question :p

-:bowser:Bowser King

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Well, it all depends on who was the male and who was the female.

As to answer this thread: It's a video game.

Or maybe Pokemon aren't as smart as the Pokedex says they are. Let's take Metagross, for example. If it really has the brain of a supercomputer, shouldn't it be able to figure out how to adjust it's moves so they always hit? In the games, none of the Pokemon ever show any sign of intelligence when wild (They'll keep using unneffective and no-effect moves, even after they've used it before), not even Mewtwo or any of the other 'smart' pokemon.

The Pokedex also says that Torchic can breathe flames that are 4,000 degrees F. Is that canon?

Platypus

Smash Ace
Four thousand degrees Farenheit is a bit hotter than a blowtorch. I don't know what kind of organic material could survive that, but I'm not saying that it's impossible.

Additionally, supercomputers are not smarter than people. At algorithms they excel, but the four-dimensional trigonometery required for accuracy adjustment would be difficult to coordinate with muscle movements and maintain during a combat situation.

Just a bit of science is injected here.

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
Intelligence.
How is it that in our world humans are on top when bears, sharks, wolves, tigers, etc are completely capable of tearing us apart? Because we have tools and we can do more things with our mind like strategize.
Yes, a tiger and a bear could rip us apart without difficulty, but with Pokemon, it's a different story.. They literally control the elements, the animals that you mentioned can't do that, nor can any animal of our world.

Also, have the games not shown us that wild pokemon can strategize as well? How else would a Rattata, without training, know to use Tail Whip to lower an opponent's defense before striking? Some pokemon are perfectly capable of using tools as well, take Marrowak and Cubone for example, using a bone as a club and a boomerang, and their mothers'skulls as makeshift helmets.

I'm perfectly aware that it's a video game, but it doesn't hurt to stop and think, sometimes..

zrky

Smash Lol'd
good question, but basically in a real sense it really doesn't make sense that humans are on top, but factually, it's made by humans, so it's really not possible that a human cartoon designer would create a cartoon about humans and animals in which the human is not on top

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
good question, but basically in a real sense it really doesn't make sense that humans are on top, but factually, it's made by humans, so it's really not possible that a human cartoon designer would create a cartoon about humans and animals in which the human is not on top
Game came first..

Just making sure you know, because you sound like you think the anime came before the game...

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Game came first..

Just making sure you know, because you sound like you think the anime came before the game...
I realize the game came first (green) and then it was popular so they made the anime.
but the fact that a human made it, will 99.89% cause the humans to be the superior beings

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Can't deny that, Human superiority.... Now, heres a question I pose, what would you do if Pokemon were real? What would happen in modern times? Personally I'd find a Gardevoir, but thats just me...

woopyfrood

Smash Lord

Well, you see, humans must be a fluke. There must be a few "Normal" animals that are near the bottom of the food chain, which most Pokemon eat. And humans must have gotten extremely lucky somehow and evolved from one of those. This explains why humans cannot be "caught", because the Pokeball must only be able to catch the genetic code that all Pokemon share (because most Pokemon evolved from Mew. That would explain why Pokemon are able to breed with other species.)

If not, then Humans are at least a LITTLE bit Pokemon. They must have lost it over the course of evolution, but by that time they were intelligent enough to at least survive somehow. If they still retain a bit of that code, though, it is possible that they would be able to mate with Pokemon. If THAT is true we must then assume it is highly taboo to do so...

Note that the above statement is probably in no way scientifically correct. Remember that this is Pokemon, after all...

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Yeah true. And Pokeballs do affect humans, they give humans a very powerful electric shock when used on them. And in one Kids WB commercial, Ash used a Pokeball to catch Jackie chan, so maybe humans and Pokemon are related?

As for the taboo thing? I dunno, Gay/lesbians are kinda taboo, but people do it anyway. It just depends if the love is there or not.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Yeah true. And Pokeballs do affect humans, they give humans a very powerful electric shock when used on them. And in one Kids WB commercial, Ash used a Pokeball to catch Jackie chan, so maybe humans and Pokemon are related?

As for the taboo thing? I dunno, Gay/lesbians are kinda taboo, but people do it anyway. It just depends if the love is there or not.
Yeah, I actually remember that commercial! In one commercial, Ash got caught in one and actually got to see what it was like inside a Pokeball. Apparently it's a bit like an environment simulator...

---

Of course, I highly doubt that they'll go into it in the anime...

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Yeah, I actually remember that commercial! In one commercial, Ash got caught in one and actually got to see what it was like inside a Pokeball. Apparently it's a bit like an environment simulator...

---

Of course, I highly doubt that they'll go into it in the anime...
If what bulbapedia says, they actually say that in the Anime as well. Odd huh? I must really find that episode.

Never saw the one where ash gets caught. That one would've been awesome to see!

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
Answering the question as to what would happen if pokemon were in the modern world, I'm sure out world would be a lot different... First thing that came to my mind is that Steve Irwin would've had his work cut out for him even more than he did, because instead of crocadiles and snakes, he'd be hunting Feraligators and Sevipers..

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Can't deny that, Human superiority.... Now, heres a question I pose, what would you do if Pokemon were real? What would happen in modern times? Personally I'd find a Gardevoir, but thats just me...
We would have T-tars destroying our mountains.
Kyogre drowning our cities.
Groudon causing severe droughts.
Fiery dragons killing poor inoccent people.
If some animals can go vicious from human abuse I would love to see what pokemon would do when a human hurts them :p.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Princess purple

Smash Rookie
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Princess purple

Smash Rookie
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Princess purple

Smash Rookie
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Princess purple

Smash Rookie
hhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye

hhhhhhhhhhi

zrky

Smash Lol'd
for some reason I think we were just spammed, I don't know it just feels like it*sarcasm*

if Pokemon were real, they would be used as a workforce (machike, machamp, etc...) or as pets like in the anime.

Mewter

Smash Master
Has anyone noticed.....(I am not sure whether WTFP has covered this yet)
The absolutely NORMAL, EARTH-LIKE FISHES in an aquarium in one of the anime episodes?
Freaky, huh? I wonder what they were thinking when they made that. Maybe pokemon aren't as easy to find as we think? Nah, they're everywhere.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Seriously when a game is about 1 thing they tend to focus on it. Its possible that there are other animals but i think they too are categorized as Pokemon..or maybe i could be wrong.

If memory serves correct there are Fire arms in the pokemon world. Unless they have hides of indestructible organic material(30 mm canon shells ftw?). Unless by some strange reason We have to go fantasy medieval on them.. Shadow infused swords ftw..

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I still want a Gardevoir to cuddle...

did I say that out loud? >.>

(I might make a plushie, come to think of it...)

What would the world do if Darkrai was real? Or Mewtwo?

Top Bottom