• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
All I can say is this is karma for all those times you said you were going to something and then you didn't.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
harms, you can put your name on a waitlist to change dorms. You could prolly get into bursley pretty early in the semester

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
umm... not sure. Check out umich.edu, and see if you can find something about housing or dorms... It'd be in there.

edit: or check out housing.umich.edu I think it'd be there.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Suite meaning you have your own bathroom? Might be cool if your roomie isn't a slob (I've seen some dorm private bathrooms.... *shiver*)

I got East Quad because I freaking rule. All of you can suck it.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
...I remember East Quad from freshmen orientation... oh man those rooms sucked A**... but that was with 2 people in a single I think... and it was hot as BALLS... so it's prolly not normally like that.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
so heres what i have so far (is this what youre talking about bowyer)

i can either do a room swap, which is much simpler, the only problem is (as of now, and proly wont ever be) no one wants to swap into baits lololol -.-

or i can do this "contract reassignment" where i can buy a persons contract, so far there are 2 ppl offering their bursley contracts, but the whole process sounds complicated and iffy

http://housing.umich.edu/info/changes.html

guys, help me please lol

edit: also can someone list to me the negatives about baits so i can tell my parents

Vayseth

Smash Master
EQ is actually pretty sweet. The rooms aren't huge no, but they're nice. I just think the RC has a great program and being the closest dorm to all of the classes is also a HUGE pro.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
so heres what i have so far (is this what youre talking about bowyer)

i can either do a room swap, which is much simpler, the only problem is (as of now, and proly wont ever be) no one wants to swap into baits lololol -.-

or i can do this "contract reassignment" where i can buy a persons contract, so far there are 2 ppl offering their bursley contracts, but the whole process sounds complicated and iffy

http://housing.umich.edu/info/changes.html

guys, help me please lol

edit: also can someone list to me the negatives about baits so i can tell my parents
hmm... it says you can only "buy" someone else's contract if you haven't signed a housing contract... and I'm not sure if you have. If not, you may be able to do contract reassignment, but I have a feeling you already technical have, so I don't think that'll work.

Otherwise you would have to wait til september 14 to get in the waitlist lottery. (that's what I was originally thinking of but I didn't know you had to wait til the 14th.)

You could always try to find someone to switch rooms with you. My roommate last year switched out of baits with the guy who they originally put with me.

The only bad thing with baits is that there are fewer people, people tend to stick more to themselves, and you have to walk to get to the cafeteria or to hang with people at bursley. It's not that bad. The rooms are bigger and you get your own bathroom... That being said, I would prefer bursley because there's more people around... that being said, I would prefer somewhere on central cause I hate buses and I like parties.

EQ is actually pretty sweet. The rooms aren't huge no, but they're nice. I just think the RC has a great program and being the closest dorm to all of the classes is also a HUGE pro.
yeah, your room seemed pretty nice... Also, I saw your old rooms the other day at EH.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I just remembered what a triple suite is. It's actually really nice. You have a living room, two bedrooms, and a bathroom. If you switch to Bursley, you'll have a double about the size of the larger bedroom in your baits room and that's it. No living room and the bathroom is for the entire floor. And baits is pretty close to bursley. I'm not sure if Baits I or II is the closer one, but it's like a minute to 5 minute walk to Bursley tops. (like 5 min if you're the further one, 1 min if you're the closer.) You may want to just stay there... or live there for the start and see if you want to switch out after a few weeks.

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
I was wondering which meal plan I should sign up for...
I read the information and it said 125 block was only for returning students, but when I went to sign up, it allowed me to pick 125 block.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
So I got a housing email too, but I guess you have to do your meal plan to see where you're at? Because it doesn't really show anything else.

O and nice ori, feels good doesn't it lol

SCOTU

Smash Hero
1) Juggleguy: I feel sorry for you; at least you're only a 7min walk from our appartment
2) Harms: I don't feel sorry for you at all, and you're the one who needs it.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Make sure to get entree plus with your meal plan. Cafeteria food is okay in the beginning, but entree plus is where its f'ing at. Its way too good.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I think they call them "Blue Bucks" now, actually. Shows how much we're out of the loop, huh.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I recommend the standard 13 a week and add blue bucks... 125 block isn't very much food.

edit: and everyone needs to stop freaking harms out cause his room is going to be a lot nicer than anyone else's. like actually a lot nicer.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hey, I'm graduating in like 2 weeks. Can't blame me for thinking its still entree plus. Plus, blue bucks is a stupid name.

Anyways, thoughts on my new avatar?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Hey, I'm graduating in like 2 weeks. Can't blame me for thinking its still entree plus. Plus, blue bucks is a stupid name.
It's been blue bucks for over a year :ohwell:

edit: also, I just got 94% on my interest theory exam, with the average being 78%, with going to less than half the classes, started studying the material hardcore the day before, studying through the night, not sleeping, and accidentally preparing 2 sides of a note card but finding out we could only use 1 side and having half my **** scribbled out, and I ran out of time and didn't finish the whole thing XD... ha, I really need to stop doing that.

Wenis of Lore

Smash Cadet
hey, i'm sort of new to these boards so i apologize if this comment is unwanted (cause this thread is pretty old but still alive). i live in michigan and i've been searching for tourny's(besides ones on my campus) and other people in michigan that i can play with on wifi or even in person. the friend finder thingy doesn't even work so i thought here would be a decent place to meet some michiganders. hope i hear/get to play some of y'all.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
hey, i'm sort of new to these boards so i apologize if this comment is unwanted (cause this thread is pretty old but still alive). i live in michigan and i've been searching for tourny's(besides ones on my campus) and other people in michigan that i can play with on wifi or even in person. the friend finder thingy doesn't even work so i thought here would be a decent place to meet some michiganders. hope i hear/get to play some of y'all.
where in MI?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey, welcome to MI community. Where in Michigan do you live? If you're near Ann Arbor, there's lots of Smash players over there and tournaments typically happen during the fall and winter. If you're north of that, closer to Southfield or something, there's a couple of us here, and a tournament in West Bloomfield a week from this Saturday. If you're in West MI, then you're pretty much screwed in terms of Brawl but Melee's really popular over there.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Yep, this is the right place for that... Welcome yo!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
edit: also, I just got 94% on my interest theory exam, with the average being 78%, with going to less than half the classes, started studying the material hardcore the day before, studying through the night, not sleeping, and accidentally preparing 2 sides of a note card but finding out we could only use 1 side and having half my **** scribbled out, and I ran out of time and didn't finish the whole thing XD... ha, I really need to stop doing that.
Dear Bowyer,

I hope you die.

Love,
Gates

Wenis of Lore

Smash Cadet
thanks for the welcome. right now i'm living in kalamazoo on the west side of the state for school. i've noticed the interest in melee here since there's a tourny soon at the same place my roomate and i went for the brawl tourny(my roomate won that tourny too but he had to take me out in the 2nd round:(. here's the video of the final game he won: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOgj_yc7w6s sorry for the crappy filming. 4 some reason they thought it'd be good to film from the side....) but i'm originally from the east side of michigan in oakland county which southfield is also in if i'm not mistaken. i also just noticed the west bloomfield tourny after i posted here so i'm sorry for being dumb in that respect. i've been really getting into this game competitively lately so i'd love to play any of you guys on wifi(since we'd have a better connection than anywhere else in the US i'm sure). you're probably all better than me but they say to get better you gotta play people who are better than you.

Top Bottom