• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

lain

Smash Master
On a more serious note, Smash and Coffee 2 is like... not far away.

It will cost $53 in gas TOTAL (both ways, *******). $20 venue fee if we're sleeping and eating there (we could potentially find housing), and $10 for singles and doubles.

We scrubbed it up at the first circuit event, but let's **** Smash and Coffee!

Vayseth

Smash Master
It was at final round IX and it was run pretty bad. Needless to say, smash just happened to be there. It was mostly a 2D fighter tournament.

Zelow

Smash Apprentice
It's in winona lake, Indiana. It's less than 3 hours from you. basically just go out on 94 to marhsall, south on 69 to fort wayne, and then west on 30 until warsaw, and you're there.
Wow thats actually realy far i would highly doubt that ill swing the idea by my friend see what he says but at the moment i dant have a vehicle and im sure most of MI smashers dont either but i will try.

It'd be HOT if you can rally up michigan and get them down here.
I dont really think i can pull that off either lol i have been a bit out of touch with most of them lately but i can see about GLTCH, Malice and maybe a few other people i know. It does however seem to look like you cought Lains attention and from what i remember he is pretty ok try pming him see if he is interested and if he has wheels and doesnt mind ill swing by with him (Might be able to pay for gas but times are hard for me right now).

Zelow

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I am now officially a moderator of the midwest boards. Meaning I can do things like sticky, lock, and edit peoples posts to make them say funny things.

<3 red names.

Tooooo good! But you're abandoning the GBD boards...

...What will happen when people start making "MK Should Be Banned" threads? Oh wait. That's already happened. Kinda don't blame you, then...:p

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting back into things once the school year rolls around. Of course, I have to first be GOOD at this game and not just "Oh, well, I can beat my brother consistently. Nice." Screw two jobs in Troy, man, pretty much makes coming out to AA exceedingly difficult.

Plus, I miss hanging out with a lot of you guys. D'aww, and such.

Vayseth

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVmc5ZepdVs

That's Justing Wong Hot_Arms. He's basically the King of 2D fighter games, and in that video he takes on 3 high tiers with his low tier cyclops.
Wow, looks like an exact quote from me. I wonder where he got that information XD

Anyway, no one can complain until they find something more broke than this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNK1tQJnBNY

Ice Climbers ain't got **** on Magneto. If he was tournament legal, so should everyone in brawl. No johns.

Scala

Smash Ace
Lol, MvC2 is waaaaay more broke than SSBB. I'm pretty sure there was only like 5 characters you can choose from (out of 60 or whatever) if you want to have a shot at winning anything. I don't understand why the tournament scene was so attracted to it other than it having a ****load of characters and stuff. Anyways from what I hear MvC3 is underway (says capcom) but I can't see them releasing it anytime soon because of SF4's impending release...

Anyways I kinda want to drag my scrub *** to smash and coffee but it depends on if we get some sort of free/cheaper housing and if we have 4 people going altogether

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Lol, MvC2 is waaaaay more broke than SSBB. I'm pretty sure there was only like 5 characters you can choose from (out of 60 or whatever) if you want to have a shot at winning anything. I don't understand why the tournament scene was so attracted to it other than it having a ****load of characters and stuff. Anyways from what I hear MvC3 is underway (says capcom) but I can't see them releasing it anytime soon because of SF4's impending release...

Anyways I kinda want to drag my scrub *** to smash and coffee but it depends on if we get some sort of free/cheaper housing and if we have 4 people going altogether
From SRKWiki:

Top Tourney Teams

* Magneto-A/Storm-A/Sentinel-A. AKA "MSS". One of many teams that allow you to exploit the Storm/Sentinel DHC, which generally should allow you to completely kill an opposing character.
* Magneto-A/Storm-A/Psylocke-A. AKA "MSP".
* Storm-A/Sentinel-Y/Cable-B. AKA "Team Cody" or "SSC". Favored as a keep-away team. Make sure to get the rushdown, and watch out for the quick Cable AAA
* Sentinel-Y/Storm-A/CapCom-B. AKA "Team Santhrax" - After Sanford Kelly, a top New York player.
* Storm-A/Sentinel-Y/Cyclops-B. AKA "Matrix" - Storm being Trinity, Sentinel being a robot, and Cyclops being Neo and spreading the code via his optic blasts.
* Cable-B/Sentinel-Y/CapCom-B. AKA "Team Scrub" - this is a fundamentals-focused team that beginning players can do well with. Once Cable has three levels, it's quite deadly.
* Magneto-A/Cable-B/Sentinel-A. AKA "Team Row" - After Rodolfo "RowTron" Castro, a top Seattle player. Rodolfo first played this team in the summer of 2001 and used it (then virtually unknown) at the B5 tournament of that year. He went on to dominate the west coast with it over the next year and took second to Justin Wong at ECC and Evo2k2 in 2002, when the team truly got noticed. He continued to use this team in tournaments for years afterwards until it became widely known as "his" team.
* Magneto-A/Iron Man-B/Sentinel-Y. AKA "Combofiend" - After Combofiend, a top California player. He would use this team either in this order or in Sentinel/Magneto/Iron Man order, which rotates easily between that and the Magneto-base configuration via DHCs. Later players who adopted this team often substituted Sentinel-A (rocket punch) assist for Sentinel-Y (drones assist) in order to get an easy setup assist for Magneto and Iron Man.
* Sentinel-Y/Strider/Doom-B. AKA "Team Clockw0rk" - After Clockw0rk, a top California player. Generally a very interesting team, but if Strider or Doom dies the team is usually in bad trouble.
* Magneto-A/Storm-A/Tron-Y. AKA "MST" - This team does an incredible amount of damage. As Isaac put it, "mash buttons and good things happen."

So, 11 playable characters in 10 different team combinations, out of 56 different characters.

Scala

Smash Ace
Yeah I was just guessing I've only played the game a few times and never seriously. It's really pretty bad though, those 11 characters are pretty much ALL you can use or else you will get absolutely *****.

Though, the servbot is possibly the best character in any fighting game.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer

I want you to drag your scrub *** to smash and coffee too! :)

I can't really make the housing free, but if you bring a tent and camp out in the 11 acre field surrounding the venue, I'll knock $10 off your venue fee. That would mean you get two meals and a camping spot for $10, which saves you from driving around town and finding fast food for $6 a meal.

Rally the troops! Where you at, Michigan? Indiana is calling you out!

If we win, we're removing your half from the word "Michiana"

BIG C

Smash Master
the tent i plan on bringing if i go is a 2 room tent or w/e so whoever helps me set it up if I'm there is totally welcome to sleep in it as it is easily an 8-10 person tent i believe

Scala

Smash Ace
So, who's driving or are y'all expecting me to?
I think it's going to be more than 50 bucks in gas.. it's like 220 miles each way, that's like 10 gallons = 37 bucks = $74 both ways..
Starts getting expensive :(

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you get 4 other people with you in your car, each of you only has to pay $15 for gas.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
lol, lain how the hell do u get all this money. we all lost like 80 dollars each on saturday, but ur willing to make another investment. u guys must be rich.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Anyone who's willing to MM you for $200 ought to have enough money to drive out to a tournament. : )

jk jk

Good luck to those planning to rep MI at Smash and Coffee.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
MICHIGAN: (don't tell the other states)

I'll knock $5 off your venue fee, just for being michigan. All I ask is you bring your Wii's.

You heard me right: Every Michigan player with a Wii in hand will get $5 off! OMG!!!

SHHHHH, don't tell the guys driving from cincinatti and cleveland...

Top Bottom