• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Michigan has 4 :ike:s lol
- Lord Ike
- Mega Ike
- Abe

I forgot the 4th because he was a wifike that went to one tourney like 2 years ago and has since not showed up again.

Roller

Smash Legend
Nah, didn't go to CoT. My sister asked me if I'd go support her with something yesterday. So I did that.

Then watched The Devils blow it in overtime again. smh.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Hockey is random as hell. #6 seed vs #8 seed for the Stanley Cup. That same #8 seed rocking a 10-0 record on the road so far in the playoffs. WTF

Roller

Smash Legend
Well. Hockey went through a major transition in methodology this year thanks to The Rangers. The game is now significantly more defensive and low scoring. As a result, the teams with the top goalies pooped on the teams who focus on scoring a lot.

Because of all the shot blocking by defensemen now, you need to get a little lucky off a shot redirect to score most of the time. Either that, get a breakaway, or run the gauntlet and maneuver between the other team's entire defense... Then beat the goalie. aka Doughty last night.

But yeah, the hockey metagame is shifting and results will be a bit shifty until it gets figured out more.

That's also why both games have gone to OT so far.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Megaike is an interesting player.

I played a few friendlies with him and I went last stock low percent with him each time. Granted, I was getting drunk. I enough vodka to where it was a detriment to my game. But he's a solid player. He's pretty read based and tried to actively condition me to do stuff he wanted. I kept reacting in the obvious manner because I was tipsy but I liked what he was trying to do. He needs to work more adapting, waiting and needs a stronger Jab game but he's not bad at all. With offline practice, he could develop into a fearsome player.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion

I played a few friendlies with him and I went last stock low percent with him each time. Granted, I was getting drunk. I enough vodka to where it was a detriment to my game. But he's a solid player. He's pretty read based and tried to actively condition me to do stuff he wanted. I kept reacting in the obvious manner because I was tipsy but I liked what he was trying to do. He needs to work more adapting, waiting and needs a stronger Jab game but he's not bad at all. With offline practice, he could develop into a fearsome player.

so that little paragraph you typed not only did it put this kid down but you stroked your own ego as well. well done.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
It was probably worded incorrectly but I'm not putting him down nor am I stroking my own ego. In order for me to that, I would have to think I'm good at this game and I'm not by any means. I'm not gonna lie and say he's great because he isn't. But someone asked about him so I offered my honest opinion. He's an average player with serious potential. Not that I need to justify my post to you but I understand your point. Just know you inferred it incorrectly.

so he's bad

:yeahboi:

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
I really on't understand why you people try to word things nice. It makes it sound worse even though your intentions were nice. Just say it bluntly dont sugarcoat it.

why would you ever want that

a valid code i mean

also i'm finally going to be in inferno soon ugh work gets in the way of more important things like DIABLO

kd-

Smash Lord
Hockey is random as hell. #6 seed vs #8 seed for the Stanley Cup. That same #8 seed rocking a 10-0 record on the road so far in the playoffs. WTF
There is a giant disparity between regular season hockey and playoff hockey; teams are more strategic and in general play a lot harder. There are teams that have what's called 'playoff grit' and play much stronger when it counts, and that's the big difference. Also over the last few years there is a lot more parity in the NHL. It's similar to the 9-7 Giants winning the Super Bowl, although they didn't play a team similar to a #6 seed.

Top Bottom