• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I knew he'd drop out somehow... >_>

Well, Duck is teaming with Rat, and I think Moose and I were going to team. What if Kail and I team instead, then Moose and Velynn can team? Any objections?

YO why is everyone posting my name lol

I realized today melee is really fun when I happen to get lucky and complete combos, or actually do something correctly. But 64 da bess~~~~~~~~~

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Gios good at melee

no matter how little he plays our set is always close

then i just start moving fast and he dies somehow i dunno

loooooooooool i dont understand when you got so technical with fox.

my brain gets overloaded by fast fox stuff

actually, fast stuff in general. like melee

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
lololololololololololololololol I don't check smash boards for one day and a flame war catches fire hahahaha get it, yeah whatever.
Anywho, is anyone still looking for partner for 2s for this Saturday?

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I LEAVE THIS THREAD FOR ONE MONTH AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS?! lul

What's up guys? School's been destroying me free-time wise and work has been giving more hours so my time for Smash has been limited. But hey, I'm a little richer now. lul

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
DRDN I would team with you if ya want, be warned that I have only started learning this game for 2 or 3 months, but I would consider myself better and smarter than your average scrub, the choice is yours though.

fZk

Smash Lord
DRDN I would team with you if ya want, be warned that I have only started learning this game for 2 or 3 months, but I would consider myself better and smarter than your average scrub, the choice is yours though.
Jon is ****. I've been personally training him so you know he has to be good ...lol

TheMann

Smash Ace
Lol thank you michigan! I was all bummed from waiting at bus stops then this thread brightened my day XD.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Kay guyz, i need help picking my very first laptop. Im using it for school and MINOR gaming (diablo 3 is probly the maximum extent of my gaming in the future, probly some minecraft too, who knows)

Desired:

-dedicated graphics card
-i5 processor minimum (in terms of power)
-looks as sexy as my fox
-$800 cap

This was the closest and cheapest lappy I could find that I liked: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...34131086&AID=10440897&PID=1796839&SID=8263713

Anything off the top of your heads people? Hopefully making the decision in 2 weeks

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't think you can get a dedicated graphics card and a Core i5 under $800 and expect any kind of quality when it comes to playing games. Reading the reviews for the laptop you linked, I'm somewhat dubious about whether it's going to be everything you wanted.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Samsung was an interesting exception to that little rule. Apparently they make all their own components and thus offer their laptops at a much reduced price. And when I say gaming, I mean like super minimal gaming, no first person shooters or anything for me. Imagine starcraft 2 on medium settings if not a little lower.

The video card is mostly gonna be used by any photoshoping I do here and there.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
That's not a bad laptop for the price, but i hope you don't mind getting sub par framerates. btw, for $800, you could get a desktop i5 (much much much better than a laptop i5) and a respectable graphics card throw them in a miniATX board/box and it's light/small enough to easily bring home with you (but would still lack the mobility of a laptop) for $800. For a laptop that you'll want to do any gaming on, you'd probably need to spend about $1200-$1800 to do medium gaming on non-best settings with decent (45+) fps.

For comparisons
CPUs: (I guess their chart is only for desktop CPUs) http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-overclocking-processor-recommendation,2866-5.html
Graphics cards: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...e-gtx-560-ti-gaming-graphics-card,2857-7.html

tl;dr: if you want to play any 2008+ game on pretty nice settings with smooth framerates, you'll need an i5 or better and a GTX280M or better (iirc, there's no 3XXM card better than the 280M)

If you decide you can't afford this, or that you really don't care that much about games, then what you've eyed, isn't a terribly bad deal.

Also, for whoever got a sony laptop: I'm sorry. I used to play a game, where I'd look through ads to find all the sony laptops, then identify the laptop right next to it in the add that's the same (or better) for $100+ less. Sony laptops have the most absurd markups ever (save Apple).

Top Bottom