• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House 3! PP Hbox M2K Hax Scar SFAT PewPewU Cort Kage - October 12-13th, 2013 - Ann Arbor, MI

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
The common5.pac is sweet. A clever way of showing which stages you can pick, ad the Bih House 3 logo on the character select screen is awesome.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
so I didn't actually enter any PM at all this tourney but I'll be taking all PM money matches throughout the weekend. I just request nobody use MK against me because I haven't really played any PM since he got released

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Yo sax, I'm also a doc main. I love those doc dittos so be sure to find me and hmu for a few sets of friendlies!

That'd be cool man. I was actually in your stream a few days ago. It'd be cool if you could also help me learn some Doc!

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone! Forgive me If I am asking questions that have already been answered... I recently found out about this tourney and since I live close I am going to attend.

First, is it too late to play in the Melee or Project M brackets?

Second, even if it is too late for me to sign up for competitive play, would I still be allowed/encouraged to bring melee/project M setups? If there is a need for setups, I have some pretty epic TV's. I could bring up to two Sony KD-34XBR960 CRT televisions with stands, a wii with component cable, and my gamecube with the ever so rare component cable, along with copies of melee and "brawl" (project M of course!) I also have extra wired nintendo brand gamecube controllers. Are these things that you guys could use?

Also, what about friendlies? Am I allowed to bring a setup and play friendlies with people?

This may be a stupid question, but is there an entrance fee for people attending to spectate the tourney?

All responses are much appreciated! Thank you!

Church NEOH

Worst Player in NEOH
as far as I know, the venue fee is $30 but it was supposed to be paid online. I'm not sure about any fees though.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Still can't believe there are 79 MI smashers registered. Where did they all come from? Also Virtual Boy maybe you can bribe Juggleguy and team Big House with those TVs and have them stick you into a pool :p Probably not though. Either way if you can attend, TVs are always always needed for a successful tourney.

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
Still can't believe there are 79 MI smashers registered. Where did they all come from? Also Virtual Boy maybe you can bribe Juggleguy and team Big House with those TVs and have them stick you into a pool :p Probably not though. Either way if you can attend, TVs are always always needed for a successful tourney.

Thanks bro, lol. Even if I cannot play, I would love to be able to help out. If I can get an official to give me the go ahead, I would be willing to bring the Tvs out. I just need it to be guaranteed that they would use them, as they weight almost 200 pounds each, lol. Also, could you possibly point me in the right direction for paying the venue fee online? Or is it an option to pay at the door to get in and spectate?

Thank you for your response!

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
First, is it too late to play in the Melee or Project M brackets?

Second, even if it is too late for me to sign up for competitive play, would I still be allowed/encouraged to bring melee/project M setups? If there is a need for setups, I have some pretty epic TV's. I could bring up to two Sony KD-34XBR960 CRT televisions with stands, a wii with component cable, and my gamecube with the ever so rare component cable, along with copies of melee and "brawl" (project M of course!) I also have extra wired nintendo brand gamecube controllers. Are these things that you guys could use?

Also, what about friendlies? Am I allowed to bring a setup and play friendlies with people?

This may be a stupid question, but is there an entrance fee for people attending to spectate the tourney?
Since it's your first post, welcome to the boards! They're a dying land, so make sure to get the invite to "Michigan Melee" on facebook. That's where most smashfests and things are posted. Many of your questions can be answered either on the first page of the thread, or if you look through umsmash.com.

From top to bottom:
- Yes, sadly you have missed the deadline to play. No worries there are ways to attend still to spectate and play friendlies, continue reading.
- There is a very large need for TV's, but TV's brought must be kept in the venue from Saturday morning until Sunday night in order to not cause any confusion when running the tournament. This is a question better answered by a TO, as I don't know if spectators should bring TV's or not. I imagine that since you aren't entered, you shouldn't worry about bringing setups.
- As long as you pay the spectator fee, you will be welcomed into the venue and certainly allowed to play friendlies, but only when singles pool's are not being run, or doubles. Last year there was a gratuitous amount of time to play friendlies and I imagine there will be more this year.
- That is not a stupid question, as there definitely is a venue fee even if you are only spectating. Again, as for bringing a TV as a spectator, that is something a TO can answer.

Refer to http://www.team-oxy.com/register/ to register, and umsmash.com for any further questions.

The Big House...Get Excited!

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
Since it's your first post, welcome to the boards! They're a dying land, so make sure to get the invite to "Michigan Melee" on facebook. That's where most smashfests and things are posted. Many of your questions can be answered either on the first page of the thread, or if you look through umsmash.com.

From top to bottom:
- Yes, sadly you have missed the deadline to play. No worries there are ways to attend still to spectate and play friendlies, continue reading.
- There is a very large need for TV's, but TV's brought must be kept in the venue from Saturday morning until Sunday night in order to not cause any confusion when running the tournament. This is a question better answered by a TO, as I don't know if spectators should bring TV's or not. I imagine that since you aren't entered, you shouldn't worry about bringing setups.
- As long as you pay the spectator fee, you will be welcomed into the venue and certainly allowed to play friendlies, but only when singles pool's are not being run, or doubles. Last year there was a gratuitous amount of time to play friendlies and I imagine there will be more this year.
- That is not a stupid question, as there definitely is a venue fee even if you are only spectating. Again, as for bringing a TV as a spectator, that is something a TO can answer.

Refer to http://www.team-oxy.com/register/ to register, and umsmash.com for any further questions.

The Big House...Get Excited!

Thank you very much for your response! That is all the information I was looking for! Looking forward to this!

CosmoNaughtilus

Smash Apprentice
I'm really hyped to play this weekend! My first Smash tourney, so I'm expecting to get destroyed pretty badly. That being said, I really want to play as many people as I can and learn as much as possible! So if you want to help a scrubby Falco learn matchups and get better, let me know! I'll probably be following Snuggleguy around and studying the TO process once I'm out of the tourney.

EDIT: Also, to anyone flying into DTW (Detroit airport), when are you arriving? I'm getting there around noon, and I'm looking for some people to split a cab or something. Message me if you're down.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I'm really hyped to play this weekend! My first Smash tourney, so I'm expecting to get destroyed pretty badly. That being said, I really want to play as many people as I can and learn as much as possible! So if you want to help a scrubby Falco learn matchups and get better, let me know! I'll probably be following Snuggleguy around and studying the TO process once I'm out of the tourney.

EDIT: Also, to anyone flying into DTW (Detroit airport), when are you arriving? I'm getting there around noon, and I'm looking for some people to split a cab or something. Message me if you're down.
Nice man. Hit me up for some friendlies, it's my first tourney as well.

Oh yeah, I wanted to ask the TOs, would some people be able to watch you guys do your thing with running a tourney? I would like to run my own tourneys someday and I think it'd be helpful.

CosmoNaughtilus

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Rob's happy to help newbies learn the scene. I'm sure he won't want 5 people following him around all the time, but I'm sure he'd be happy to let ya shadow him. You'll pick up a lot from just seeing how it runs too.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
I wasnt comparing to's or saying that anything was unproffesional?? Im still mad that I never got my melee copy or mem card back from apex last year......

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Pools are taking a bit longer than expected. They are currently done as we speak, Rob is just formatting the sheet to be more presentable to the general public. They should be up shortly, thank you for your patience.

~ "The Big House 3" Staff

Top Bottom