• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
i think if armada went on FD in the last match of gf set 1 instead of fountain he would have won the set. he has never lost a game on fd against peepee except the one where he did a suicide on the last stock (which also indicates how much out of game he was getting distracted by all the people yelling). i mean fod is better than yoshis but still not a peach stage. you can see that when peepee still got the shine kills. i really dont understand why he didnt pick fd when his last win was on yoshis and therefore DSR doesnt come into account.

anyway, armada played 3-1 peepee in WF, and peepee played 3-2 twice in gf. also armada played peepee 2-1 at apex which makes in total 9-8 for armada. this is why i put armada slightly over peepee altough i have to agree they are almost even.

1. Armada
2. PeePee
3. M2K
4. Axe

and im very disappointed about amsah. i always tell you guys that he doesnt care about winning and you could really see this when he went with this clowning attitude into the hax battle. how can the best sheik even lose a 70-30 matchup? if europe was without our peach god we actually would be considered to suck at smash.
second set was 3-1 broseph.

3-1 armada
3-2 pp
3-1 pp

it's 8-8 with your ****** logic

a tourny back in august does not count for jack **** seeing as how both of those players got way better since then

hurf durf live in the now.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
i guess me not comin to this tounrey made my ranking go down even tho i won the lat big tourney i was at its ok tho

swf is too good

strawhats

Smash Master
lol Poundslap I was watching m2k teach amsah certain things about the falcon MU. Amsah definitely had that mr. serious face on. I spoke with Amsah yesterday and he said in his 6 years of playing this game he's only fought 1 other falcon in bracket, whom he dispatched of without much concern.

I'm so glad I got to play Armada, he's sooo good. I'll play you next time Amsah :)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
i guess me not comin to this tounrey made my ranking go down even tho i won the lat big tourney i was at its ok tho

swf is too good
When you don't go to tournaments, you get left in the shadows unfortunately. =P Amsah lost because Hax is a legit Falcon and is able to defeat anyone if he plays well, no one is invincible.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
second set was 3-1 broseph.

3-1 armada
3-2 pp
3-1 pp

it's 8-8 with your ****** logic

a tourny back in august does not count for jack **** seeing as how both of those players got way better since then

hurf durf live in the now.
the last stage they played on was RC which means armada must have won on PS and that makes a 3-2 in gf set 2. still i dont think the second set would have happend if armada counterpicked final destination in the last game of set one. there are so little peach stages actually. i dont see why ntsc disadvantages weaker characters with an unfavorable stage list for those, when the good stages are for characters that already have the ntsc strenght (falcos longer spike for example)

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Math is hard for some.

Not feeding trolls is harder for others.

Armada won the tournament with his Young Link.

DRPP won the tournament with the ****.

Both are still winners in my book.

strawhats

Smash Master
You got this next time Jesus. Hax was ****ing **** up at this tournament, same with Axe.

Shoutouts to shroomed for almost beating hbox, and s2j for beating juan in a $2 mm falcon vs puff. Cali is too good.

Juan's soo good, lol at him letting me and my partner go double ness on icicle mountain vs him and hax.

<3 those guys.

lol cactuar when mcdonalds gave you bread instead of chicken.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Hey guys... hbox has beaten armada's main twice in tourney, quite convincingly, mind you. To all of a sudden say armada is better than hbox is kinda funny.

That said, PP lookin like that top spot now.

leffen

Smash Champion
0. Mango

1/2/3 . Armada, PP, Hbox

4. M2k
5. Axe

ps. Its ****ing unbelieveable how many who john for armada while they dont even mention that Hbox was suffering from food poisoning. Imho Hbox played REALLY horrible, just look at the PP set lol..

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Whoever says mango was ****** pp in friendlies, yeah that was true the first day of pound. Second day pp was giving him some business. They are basically on the same level. Mango is prob the best overall, his mindgames and versatility are just too good, but pp is seriously right there as well imo. We'll see what happens at genesis 2, I think mango is going to put in work. I'll be rooting for you kevin. And I know you'll improve like you always do and be fully prepared.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
everyone has their own little biases it seems...

I think pp, mango, armada, and h-box are on about the same level. pp recently found himself ranked among these guys, and then he particularly stood out among them at pound 5. They're all good as ****.

DJRome

Smash Hero
When you don't go to tournaments, you get left in the shadows unfortunately. =P Amsah lost because Hax is a legit Falcon and is able to defeat anyone if he plays well, no one is invincible.
uve haven't beaten anyone good recently including ppl in the talk for top spots:
m2k
pp
armada
mango (srsly now)
axe

Infernum

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the argument "it's 54-47 between x and y so x > y" is valid. It's the actual level that matters (just wanted to comment on that).
Also, it was too close between PP and Armada to claim that PP is better (if he won 3-0 3-0 ok, but 2-3 3-1 3-1 no). Same for Armada > Hbox, I don't agree. Armada won this time, ok, but it's just one tournament, and one tournament is not enough to look at the gap between two players of that level (Hbox lost 2-0, but it's just one set, he might also win 3-0 tomorrow). If they both were able to enter a tournament every month and Armada won everytime, then yes, we could say Armada > Hbox.
Europe's Falcons <<<<<<<<< USA's, yes. SS defeated Armada, now Hax defeated Amsah. And Amash getting 9th doesn't mean that he is not one of the bests (in other words, top 5).

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
only reason id put armada/pp over hbox is becuz hbox has been dropping sets to a number of people recently(fly, m2k, lucky, chudat, s2j) on top of losing to the other two in their most recent sets, whereas armada/pp haven't been losing as much.

Infernum

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, now that I think again about it, you're right, Hbox did lose to them and didn't always get top 3.
Still, today, PP = Armada for me.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Aniolas said on the Youtube comments that Armada only told only a few Swedes about his Young Link strategy against Hungrybox's Jigglypuff. There were a few tournaments where Armada used Young Link but the videos were not recorded to keep it a secret. Not even Amsah knew about this. Armada has been training for the Jigglypuff vs. Young Link match up since Apex 2010. Incredible. If Armada was able to fix his Captain Falcon problem from SS at Pound 5 and his Jigglypuff problem from Apex 2010 against Hungrybox, who knows what kind of plan Armada will concoct to plan against PP's Falco? Armada is probably watching and analyzing the GF videos right now.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
Aniolas said on the Youtube comments that Armada only told only a few Swedes about his Young Link strategy against Hungrybox's Jigglypuff. There were a few tournaments where Armada used Young Link but the videos were not recorded to keep it a secret. Not even Amsah knew about this. Armada has been training for the Jigglypuff vs. Young Link match up since Apex 2010. Incredible. If Armada was able to fix his Captain Falcon problem from SS at Pound 5 and his Jigglypuff problem from Apex 2010 against Hungrybox, who knows what kind of plan Armada will concoct to plan against PP's Falco? Armada is probably watching and analyzing the GF videos right now.
im also pretty sure that armada will somewhat fix this problem. what we know is that hes probably the smartest player in the world. its ridiculous what moves he is able to escape and he surprises you everytime with something new. but you can only fix a problem up to a certain extend. the falco combos againts peach are guaranteed. peepee got easily some 50% combos and then follow ups or edgeugaurds and altough armada was DIing very well, peepee got the early kills on top of the screen. credits to peepee that played the matchup perfectly. lets see how armada can change it at genesis. what i also noticed, armada usually powershields better but this is probably the most inconsistent thing if you cannot hear lasers and if theres so much trouble in the background. armada also seemed very influenced by the surroundings. normally he plays the falco matchup different and he doesnt let peepee approach with aerials. wavedash back downsmash. armada didnt seem as controlled as usual.

dont forget armada would win in pal. no johns.

DJRome

Smash Hero
does it matter if he can win in pal if we're playing ntsc?

you also have the impression that armada "lets" pp do anything. moreover, maybe u will see how pp also can "plan" and analyze ****. just watch as next time, all of your theoretically bull**** gets ****ed by a studious man willing to go to school for 10 years to be dr ****

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
does it matter if he can win in pal if we're playing ntsc?

you also have the impression that armada "lets" pp do anything. moreover, maybe u will see how pp also can "plan" and analyze ****. just watch as next time, all of your theoretically bull**** gets ****ed by a studious man willing to go to school for 10 years to be dr ****
can you make posts without every second word being censored? being rude is close to being ignorant and thats probably why youre all so obsessed by peepee.

armada was limited by all the crowd rooting against him. i know armada already expects a crowd like this but this doesnt change the fact that it influences the peach-falco matchup. because peach needs much more to be focused and as the peach player you also need auditive indicators to play the matchup or you cannot edgueguard. offstage is the only part of the screen where peach has the upper hand. if peach was a faster character she could run away from falco but since this is not the case its an unwinnable matchup.

pal is the latest version of melee and thus it shows you the best player. armada.

Doser

Smash Ace
Why do people on smashboards respond to trolls? Don't you guys get it? You're definitely not accomplishing anything when you get mad at him.

Last post on this subject from me.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
Why do people on smashboards respond to trolls? Don't you guys get it? You're definitely not accomplishing anything when you get mad at him.

Last post on this subject from me.
while i agree with you on that matter you cannot make such posts without giving the troll extra attention. just wanted to say this because i noticed a good amount of flaming from eachother. and such posts make it even more offtopic. if you dont think armada is better than peepee so its your opinion but you dont have to start being rude and ignorant.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
sorry guys but how can you put peepee above armada when they each have a match-count of 7-7 at pound? only because peepee got the prize money? if the set was best of 3 armada would have won both sets, wf and gf and if it was best of 7 (the european standard) armada could have easily brought this back especially without RC. i just think it was an unlucky choice with the bo5 in gf but still you cant say pp is better when they are at 7-7
i think if armada went on FD in the last match of gf set 1 instead of fountain he would have won the set. he has never lost a game on fd against peepee except the one where he did a suicide on the last stock (which also indicates how much out of game he was getting distracted by all the people yelling). i mean fod is better than yoshis but still not a peach stage. you can see that when peepee still got the shine kills. i really dont understand why he didnt pick fd when his last win was on yoshis and therefore DSR doesnt come into account.

anyway, armada played 3-1 peepee in WF, and peepee played 3-2 twice in gf. also armada played peepee 2-1 at apex which makes in total 9-8 for armada. this is why i put armada slightly over peepee altough i have to agree they are almost even.

1. Armada
2. PeePee
3. M2K
4. Axe

and im very disappointed about amsah. i always tell you guys that he doesnt care about winning and you could really see this when he went with this clowning attitude into the hax battle. how can the best sheik even lose a 70-30 matchup? if europe was without our peach god we actually would be considered to suck at smash.
im also pretty sure that armada will somewhat fix this problem. what we know is that hes probably the smartest player in the world. its ridiculous what moves he is able to escape and he surprises you everytime with something new. but you can only fix a problem up to a certain extend. the falco combos againts peach are guaranteed. peepee got easily some 50% combos and then follow ups or edgeugaurds and altough armada was DIing very well, peepee got the early kills on top of the screen. credits to peepee that played the matchup perfectly. lets see how armada can change it at genesis. what i also noticed, armada usually powershields better but this is probably the most inconsistent thing if you cannot hear lasers and if theres so much trouble in the background. armada also seemed very influenced by the surroundings. normally he plays the falco matchup different and he doesnt let peepee approach with aerials. wavedash back downsmash. armada didnt seem as controlled as usual.

dont forget armada would win in pal. no johns.
can you make posts without every second word being censored? being rude is close to being ignorant and thats probably why youre all so obsessed by peepee.

armada was limited by all the crowd rooting against him. i know armada already expects a crowd like this but this doesnt change the fact that it influences the peach-falco matchup. because peach needs much more to be focused and as the peach player you also need auditive indicators to play the matchup or you cannot edgueguard. offstage is the only part of the screen where peach has the upper hand. if peach was a faster character she could run away from falco but since this is not the case its an unwinnable matchup.

pal is the latest version of melee and thus it shows you the best player. armada.
:|

Btw, aren't me and Armada 2-1 in sets now, in my favor?

Just saying...
Pretty good point I think.

Math is hard for some.

I think more people should be talkin bout you gettin 7th and ****. Just me though.

Whoever says mango was ****** pp in friendlies, yeah that was true the first day of pound. Second day pp was giving him some business. They are basically on the same level. Mango is prob the best overall, his mindgames and versatility are just too good, but pp is seriously right there as well imo. We'll see what happens at genesis 2, I think mango is going to put in work. I'll be rooting for you kevin. And I know you'll improve like you always do and be fully prepared.
Mango probably won't try there either.

PP and Armada are tied for now. 2-2 in sets between them, Armada was the one that pushed PP into Losers in the first place, however PP did win two sets in GF, so there's no way you can put one over the other.

1. PP/Armada
2. PP/Armada
3. Hbox
4. M2K
5. Amsah? Axe? Jman? Hax? Things are blurry here. I don't think we can accurately say that anyone's the 5th best at this point. I really hope that Amsah is in the top 5, but I can't say for sure.
I don't think it's right to say Hax would go 5th just because of what he did here. He had an impressive win over Amsah but I kind of expected no less considering the result of when they played in pools at Pound 4(even if it was a year ago), considering that Hax is pretty good against Sheik at least, and that Amsah has little to no Falcon practice to my knowledge. Doesn't matter how easy a matchup is, still need experience in it.

I really don't think we should list anyone after M2K but that's just me.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Doesn't matter how easy a matchup is, still need experience in it.
I really don't think we should list anyone after M2K but that's just me.
Couldn't agree more
Hmmmm...

0. Mango
1. PP
2. Armada/Hbox (Genesis 2 will confirm)
4. M2K

imo

still pretty ****ed up lol
Random approved. After reading more I do agree that it would be a stretch to say Armada is better than you. But, you have dropped some sets recently whereas armada obviously ran through winners. But people are forgetting SS and Amsah I suppose. Work on that climber matchup!

Although it is surprising that you put Mango at 0, considering I vaguely remember you saying you were better than him a while back and just a bit ago that you beat him in 70%of friendlies at P5. From anyone outside the top 10, it does appear mango has lost that guaranteed #1 spot. Which is maybe exactly what he wanted, or maybe he really doesn't give a **** what we think (more likely).

LLDL

Smash Hero
Come to think of it, I knew Armada was good after Genesis. But before Pound 4, I was still convinced that pc chris could beat armada lol.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Dr. Peepee played amazing during the GF but at the same time I felt Armada was far from what I've seen him show before.

1. Armada
2. Dr. Peepee
3. Hungrybox
4. M2k
5. Hax/Amsah

Mango is probably up there too if he "tried" (omg I'm starting to hate that word), but since he doesn't, there's no reason to give him a spot.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Shut up. Your trolling is bad and your bias is bad and you are very bad. I don't care what you guys rank me but I'll never count Apex for myself since I have improved drastically since then and I had johns for Apex anyway(not that I'll be saying those or that they actually mattered but please respond like I did and they do <3).

MaNg0 = God

MaNg0 vs Dr Peepee in friendlies was just, ****. MaNg0 was calm like everything was going well, and Dr Peepee's all super stressed out playing for his life while MaNg0 was ****** him. From what I've heard about their friendlies session

At Pound 5
Mango was on his real game. It took me time to catch up but when I did we went even in Falco dittos(I think, maybe I won more? hard to remember) and I almost always beat his Fox(due to his impatience he says LOL <3 Mango).

and the funnier part was that I was beating Mango's spacies in friendlies @ Pound 5

well, like 70% of the matches
interesting

Btw, aren't me and Armada 2-1 in sets now, in my favor?

Just saying...
G2 hype!

swf is too good
Lol don't worry Jman I still know you ****. <3

Math is hard for some.

GIVE EM THE ****!!!

And I'll be analyzing my games vs him in due time. I'll be focusing more on my confidence than my actual strategies though, since that seems to do way more for me lately.

Hmmmm...

0. Mango
1. PP
2. Armada/Hbox (Genesis 2 will confirm)
4. M2K

imo

still pretty ****ed up lol
I thought you would have used your older set counts vs Armada and I to validate you being above us. Interesting once again.

I agree with that list though Hbox. If M2K does what he did at Pound again next major then I may begin to rethink that position for him though. I guess Amsah would get it then?

Edit: eh top 5 is still kinda hard when I think about it lol. My opinion will probably change after I think about it more...hmmmm

Top Bottom