• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Nintendo Character Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
The top five I got in the poll
1. Pit
2. Tetra
3. Red
4. Giygas
5. Choir Boys

Very grossly inaccurate due to some horrific match ups and the fact no one from my actual top five characters list was actually in this. Still, not too bad, of my top five franchises, only one didn't make that list(Fire Emblem.)

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Mine list:

1.Kirby
2.Olimar
3.Yoshi
4.Isaac
5.Ness

Honor mentions: Little Mac and Link. Was tough choice between Ness and Isaac.

Edit: I did the pool! And the choice are weird. But at least my favorite is there.

1.Kirby
2.Isaac
3.Shulk<For Smash!
4.Olimar
5.Link(Toon Link:troll:)

Kirby was not match to anyone.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
It's pretty easy to sway the outcome with that skip button.

Mewtwo
Giygas
Roy
Ridley
King K. Rool

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
my top five on that was
king k rool
pikachu
donky kong
krysal
fox mccloud

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
1. Krystal
2. Dixie Kong
3. Isabelle
4. Tom Nook
5. Happy Mask Salesman

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
1. Yoshi
2. Bowser
3. Lucas
4. Marth
5. Blue

Not totally sure I agree with Marth being on there, he kept getting easy matchups. I like him well enough though.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
1. Yoshi
2. Bowser
3. Lucas
4. Marth
5. Blue

Not totally sure I agree with Marth being on there, he kept getting easy matchups. I like him well enough though.
The matchups are randomly generated each time the poll is taken.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
  1. Yoshi
  2. Toad
  3. Luigi
  4. Mario
  5. Little Mac
Sounds pretty accur-wait, what's Little Mac doing amongst such a Mario heavy top 5?

Link, Zelda, Pikachu, Red, Samus, Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Dixie and Diddy were unfortunate coming up against my top four favourites or else one of them may have replaced Mac.

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
1. Mario
2. Bowser
3. Diddy Kong
4. Isaac
5. Kirby.

Pretty accurate, actually. Maybe replace Isaac with Link, but other than that I have no qualms with what I got.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't recall what the top 5 were each time, but I've done this three times now, with skips over matches and everything and the outcome is always the same for the final match. Samus vs Rosalina for me.

And it just might surprise everyone that despite my name sake, Samus wins out each time.

It was a Sophie's Choice moment for me really.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Oh, before I forget; what the bleeding heck is Maxwell from Scribblenauts doing on the best Nintendo character poll for? Or for that matter Layton? Aren't both third parties?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Nintendo by association of only really appearing on Nintendo systems perhaps?

Marakatu

Smash Ace
That's an horrible list. Biggoron? Really?
And I got Sami on my list even though I never played Advance Wars, because she was matched up with characters I disliked.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

Cpt Falcon vs Karate Joe, final matchup!
Can't decide, sorry, the level of awesomeness is too damn high XD

Anyway, I can't make a list because there are too many characters who I like but I can't remember all of them now.
Sure, those two are at the top of my list!

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
1: Ridley
2: Ness
3: K.Rool
4: Bowser
5: Shulk

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
My five are

1) Pit
2) Robin
3) Toad
4) Little Mac
5) Shulk

Witch is kind of strange seeing that I have never played Xenoblade or Punch Out.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
1. Peach
2. Zelda
3. Dixie
4. Toad
5. Birdo

Toad should be higher but thankfully his first match-up wasn't against Peach...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
http://www.dorkly.com/toplist/64870/best-nintendo-character#!byZuhj

So there is this little game circulating around, where you vote on who you think are your favourite Nintendo characters.

The way it works is that you will go through 112 rounds where two characters are put side by side, and you select the one you prefer. If a character is not voted by you on any particular round, they will not show up again (unless you pressed the Skip button).

At the end, you will see your Top 5, and be able to see the Top 50 around the world.

Here's my result, for reference:

This is from my second attempt, because I learned something on my first attempt.

My first attempt was pretty all over the place. While Rosalina got first (the character you vote on in the final round will always be your favourite as you will never have voted against them), Reggie got second (Reggie and Miyamoto are in it for some reason), and Midna was also in my Top 5. I know that's inaccurate though, since I don't like Midna to Top 5 level (I like her though, she would be in my Top 20 at least). And I felt letting Reggie take a spot was kinda inaccurate because while I like him a whole lot, he's a real person, not a character (and before anyone says Mii's technically make him a video game character - Mii has it's own slot here). So having him as second in my favourite characters really didn't make sense.

That second attempt though, is much more accurate (Luigi should be where Yoshi is though, and Yoshi as #6 - I voted Luigi out early by accident because I thought I had already voted Yoshi out). Reason being, I used the Skip button the second time.

The first time, I abstained from using the Skip button, but that messes things up, because, let's say Rosalina VS Professor Layton is my very first matchup - well, if I force myself to not use the Skip button, then I'm obviously going to pick Rosalina in this case. But that means Professor Layton, my second favourite character here, is automatically locked out of being in the Top 5, because once you vote against a character, they don't show up again, because they are eliminated.

So yeah, if you want your result to be accurate, you should focus on eliminating the characters you actively dislike or simply don't know much about at all. Skip match-ups between characters you know you love early on. Then see who you are left with and work it out from there. It's a nice way of whittling down who your favourite Nintendo characters are. Of course, not every Nintendo character ever is there, but it's still got some more obscure ones (Golden Sun and Advance Wars characters are there).

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
1. Dixie Kong
2. Rosalina
3. Roy
4. King K. Rool
5. Princess Zelda

Ugh. Some of these were really hard. Honorable mentions go to Midna, Mewtwo and King Dedede, and if he were on this list, Ghirahim.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

...a bit disappointed that Palutena wasn't there, but Biggoron was. but oh well

on a side note, during voting I got Mr. Resetti vs Navi. Yeah, that happened. I chose the lesser of the two evils a.k.a. Resetti

And if I remember, Link, Rosalina, Kirby, Marth, and Mario were among the top 10 but I just couldn't say no to anyone in the top 5 (sorry Kirby D: )

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

list.JPG

I ended up with a good list of characters if I do say so myself, I didn't even use the skip button! I'm surprised how accurate this is, but I guess I never really had any "I can't pick between these two!" moments until I was nearing the end, so that helps I guess.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
@ ChikoLad ChikoLad Since we already had a thread for this, I just merged the two together (since the times were similar, your thread was very small, and I didn't want you to lose all that hard work you typed up). Enjoy : )

I guess while I'm here

Seems pretty much perfect for me.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh, before I forget; what the bleeding heck is Maxwell from Scribblenauts doing on the best Nintendo character poll for? Or for that matter Layton? Aren't both third parties?
I can't speak for Maxwell because I don't know much about Scribblenauts, but in Layton's case - yeah, Nintendo may not make the games, but NOA publish them in the US (and NOE in Europe I would assume), handle the localisation, provide the voice actors, etc. And since they are essentially altering the script around and providing the voices we love, the Professor Layton fandom in the West only exists because of Nintendo, and their localisation expertise, as well as their excellent choices in VAs to voice the characters (which is a big part of why they are loved). Plus, the games were system sellers for Nintendo, especially Miracle Mask, which came when the 3DS was still only getting off the ground and struggling at that.

So while he's not a Nintendo character in his inception, Professor Layton is often recognised as one, and it's justified. He's basically part of the Nintendo family at this point. Hell, on the official Nintendo site, there is a "Professor Layton Hub" in the "Nintendo Characters Hub" section.

-------

Oh, and before I forget, this poll ends on August 14th, so keep that in mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom