• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best GW (slightly)

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
Ok heres my conclusion i dont have much time to post but here u go in 1:30 secs

me hlian and xyz are all about the same skill with GW. We all do things diffrently though. Although i placed higher than them i am real enough to know that in fact....

XYZ has the slight edge as GW and is the best with him. Its not by much, but he has some things honed that i dont and i didnt really see hylian doing them either.

so congrats dude (but i did place higher!haha)

in my defence its hard to be the best when i dont actually have a wii or brawl :/ and only play on saturdays and sundays for tournaments

p.s snake is gay

Neb

Smash Lord
Eh, okay. So when do we get the vids, :o?
Oh and, congratulations xYz...you too NoJ.

PS- Your right, Snake is gay.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
haha thats a conclusion i came to awhile back after watching some of xyz's vids. I havent seen tons of hylian tourney vids, but i had you above him. Then again, I think he mains IC's or something.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
k im back.
honestly ill let the community decide whos the best.

m2k said i was the best and he played all of us soooo make your own conclusions. we are all good at different things. Hylian and XYZ are really good with the Nair, i am better with the Bair by far imo. as far as dittos i think i would win those, i did 3 stock hylian in a ditto :/ although he won the set.
and we agreed that snake is a GW counter if there ever was one. id says its about 65/35 in favor of snake, not immposible to win but very difficult to a decent snake

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
i'm honored dude, it was nice to meet you and hylian at the tourney. I do agree, were all pretty much at the same skill level. Alot of my games were clutch as hell LOL. I think I tech chase upsmash just about every single person I played multiple times hahah!

I'll post up tourney vids of Rx + xYz vs m2k + cort.

**** was pretty epic... LOL it's funny because m2k said I was the best gw he's ever played and he teams with Velocity... But im not taking that away from you either, you're a beast!
Props to NoJ and Hylian for being beasts with GW.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I haven't played xYz one on one, but after playing Needle and Hylian one on one, I'd say you're pretty even. I remember Hylian having a nasty Nair to Uair, to Up B, to fair combo that threw me off my game, but you guys are pretty close.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Brawl Doubles
2: Rxyz- (Rx- + xYz)
4: Dr. Pepper tastes better than Hylians ex girlfriend (get with it) (Gmoney + Hylian)
13: Broken Watches (Needle of Juntah + PB&J)

Brawl Singles
7: Needle of Juntahh
9: Hylian
9: xYz

congrats to all the G&Ws who went to FAST and represented =]

I'm a garbage G&W and don't play him at all anymore ^_^

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Man, I wish I had been able to make it to FAST. Yo NoJ, are you still in Florida? If so, how long are you staying?

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
Sandiego is full of snakes.......who should i make my 2nd?

I do really good against MK"s now :D

laird

Smash Apprentice
awesome job repping G&w at FAST. I agree from the videos i have seen that you 3 are all about even, though you each have unique styles of play. Hylian is prolly the most entertaining to watch, though NoJ you have a ridiculous bair.

Hostility

Smash Ace
This topic is ********, put the best up to a vote? being the best isn't a democratic process, you aren't the best by a vote.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
awesome job repping G&w at FAST. I agree from the videos i have seen that you 3 are all about even, though you each have unique styles of play. Hylian is prolly the most entertaining to watch, though NoJ you have a ridiculous bair.
lol... joel u hear.. u have a ridiculous bair LOl. Man brawl is nub.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
FAST 1 GW Results.

xYz.
1. Got 2nd in teams defeating many OOS teams, and beating m2k + cort in a finals tourney set with my partner Rx-
2. Also beat DmBrandon + Inui in a close tourney match.
3. Defeated Hylians Team in doubles
2. Went 16-0 in my pool, and I got a total of 7 matches where I 3 stocked my opponent. lol.
3. Defeated PRiDE, which is considered the best Yoshi in the nation.... man he's good!!
4. Defeated, what was once FL's 2nd best player on the power rankings. cDoc.
5. 2-0'ed Lee and Matt2 in a MM. Lee was the guy who won the Gamestop $5,000 tourney series.
6. Got 9th in singles
7. held the only brawl friendlies TV for a few hours defeating most teams that entered the tournament.

Hylian.
1. Got 4th in teams with Gmoney
2. He defeated NoJ's team
3. He beat NoJ in a MM 2/3??
4. Defeated Lee in a tournament match.
5. Got 9th in Singles
6. (i'll let hylian add more stuff here.)

NoJ.
1. Got 13th in Doubles
2. 3 stocked Hylian in the first game of a MM
3. Defeated DmBrandon, who is NJ's 2nd best player on the rankings.
4. 1-uped myself and hylian, by getting 7th in the tournament. (good ****!!)
5. (I'll let NoJ add more things here.)

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
In the final round of what? I've never seen you in a tourney before, let alone in the finals.
Meh. Nothing too special. A local tourney, at a place called Gamerz Live Lounge. Samurai Panda was there, but thats really more convenience of location.

Theres videos somewhere posted up. I'm JKBUK if you find them.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
LOL it's funny because m2k said I was the best gw he's ever played and he teams with Velocity...
yeah he told me that to earlier in the day
but after he played afro and almost lost with his DDD he wanted me to warm him up. after that is when he said i was the best.

but it doesnt matter because whoever is the best its not by much. i was hella impresed by XYZ and Hylian. i probably was the only one who learned new things from them. i dont have much to teach cept how to be fukkin annoying as hell with the Bair LOL. i didnt get to play on teams with m2k in brawl like i wanted to. i frikin forgot. oh well. cant wait to play you guys next week at willvolution me and sebrik are teaming so be prepared for tuff fights :)

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
NoJ ftw.

i thought i was a good g&w, till NoJ beat the hell outta me in the final round.

I mean, i don't think im bad...

but holy hell he's good.
are you the guy i hit with every hit of the Bair cept the last one then judgement ftw? lol
yeh that was pretty insane

and teams...... i dont even wanna get started on teams i was teaming with RX al the way up until i get there and he says hes teaming with XYZ. leaving me with 12 hour to find a teamate so bringing teams up is kinda low blow. we only won 1 set that we shouldent have. i got a lucky 9 on Reflex, thats the only reason we won. PB&J i love you but, your bad on teams :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
NoJ taught me how effective frustration tactics are.

D

Deleted member

Sometimes when I watch a Hylian video I'm in amazement that anyone could be that good, other times it looks sloppy.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sometimes when I watch a Hylian video I'm in amazement that anyone could be that good, other times it looks sloppy.
I do that sometimes >_>.

The first match against NoJ in our MM he 3 stocked me >_>. But then I came back and won the next two matches >_>. Sometimes I just don't play well lol.

Top Bottom