• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best food to eat when playing competitive brawl?

The Cunning Weasel

Smash Master
I would say any fast food. or Chik Fil A. I had a chicken sandwich during Bolt's Brawl for All Gamepad tournament. Good stuff <3

If you ever see TwentyTwo , your best bet would be to fight him on an empty stomach. =)

c3gill

Smash Ace
my own, home-cooked spaghetti with a very sweet and garlic sauce.

it should be known that omeletes make you the best ever though :)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Pizza seems to work out very well for me. But then again, I have a cast-iron stomach.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
pizza is win.make sure u have something to wash ur hands with tho cause u dont want to play with a greasy controller.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Milk all daiiiii.

And good pizza that has a fluffy crust you know? Not some thin pizza, horrible.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I would think Fruits and Pastas would be good (Bananas and Spaghetti really hold out for the entire day).

I've also personally found fish to be really good for brain stimulation if eaten prior to the tournament itself. Fish is a "brain food" afterall, so of course that could help. Fish contain loads of that omega-3 fatty acid that helps nerve cells within the brain function at a very high rate for decent periods of time.

Oh, and I eat steak too. Mmhmm.

Really though, pick your favorite. These are all known "brain foods":

Avocados
Bananas
Beef, lean
Brewer's yeast
Broccoli
Brown rice
Brussels sprouts
Cantaloupe
Cheese
Chicken
Collard greens
Eggs
Flaxseed oil
Legumes
Milk
Oatmeal
Oranges
Peanut butter
Peas
Potatoes
Romaine lettuce
Salmon
Soybeans
Spinach
Tuna
Turkey
Wheat germ
Yogurt
And if you're serious about this, then stay away from foods that are like this:

Alcohol
Artificial food colorings
Artificial sweeteners
Colas
Corn syrup
Frostings
High-sugar "drinks"
Hydrogenated fats
Junk sugars
Nicotine
Overeating
White bread

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Pop rocks, Diet coke and laxatives. Lots of laxatives.

Heck no. Maybe sunflower seeds. Dont grease up your fingers, can eat and spit without hands or need to turn head. BTW, who the heck eats salmon while brawling? Its good, but with brawling....?

Megapants

Smash Apprentice
sour mother****ing patch watermelons. End of discussion
Truer words have never been spoken. Chewing those things is like biting into tiny, chewy drops of Cloud Nine.

I also drink tons of Sprite/Sierra Mist. It's like water, but with better! : D But that's just cause I'm a hyperactive caffeine addict. If you aren't used to fast result stimulants like myself, steer clear of soda and/or energy drinks and drink lots of juice instead.

I also like having a hearty breakfast. This includes your basic stuff: eggs, bacon, toast, and milk/juice.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If you're really serious about improving concentration, I'd maybe consider trying some aromatherapy too. I know that some smells like black pepper, cumin, and peppermint help with being alert while smells like lavender and green tea help with relaxation.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
If you're really serious about improving concentration, I'd maybe consider trying some aromatherapy too. I know that some smells like black pepper, cumin, and peppermint help with being alert while smells like lavender and green tea help with relaxation.
Interesting, I think ill try that, thanks. I just happen to have a whole food near me that sells that stuff. :)

Top Bottom