• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Beloved Shopkeeper, Beedle for Smash 4

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
OHHHHHHH!

Welcome to Beedle's Thread. He deals in pretty much anything and everything.

Information:
Beedle has appeared in a few major Zelda titles, and he deserves a spot (Possibly? Well it's a long shot.) in the next installment. He is well-known for his appearances in these games. He has appeared in:​
  1. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
  2. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
  3. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
  4. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
  5. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Beedle is the famed shopkeeper that most Zelda fans seem to love. If you read the beginning "OHHHHH!" (Or that quote) in his voice, you have my deepest respect. His appearance as a shopkeeper could provide an interesting and unique moveset, using the items he sells. He would definitely be a character not many would expect, and he wouldn't be like any of the character that have been revealed so far.
Moveset:
Beedle's biggest problem is that he hasn't had a huge role in a Zelda series, but he is important none-the-less. He is not a fighter, but not everyone in Smash would be considered a real fighter, and Sakurai had stated that he didn't want characters that were already from fighters (Like Bayonetta). Feel free to post your own movesets!
[collapse=Moveset By Rasumii]
Beedle
----------------------------------------
Entrance: Beedle flies in on his airship.

Neutral B: Beedle places a Hyoi Pear upon a player. This can be transferable by touching other players, much like the Gooey bomb and Snakes mine. If not placed on a person, he places it upon his own head. After a few seconds, a seagull will come and attack the player with the Hyoi Pear on their head, dealing Percent Damage like the item, Lip's Stick. The player does not get knocked back, but receives damage over time.

Side B: Beedle releases his prized Horned Colossus Beetle from his cage, and is able to control him freely. It acts much like Lucas's Up B, where it deals damage to a player but does not disappear completely after a hit. If you hold the Side B, it becomes empowered and it's next hit knocks them back a great distance, but the beetle disappears, meaning it only gets one hit, but is greatly improved. You are idle when you use this. The beetle lasts for 5 seconds if not charged, and when it is finished, it returns to Beedle.

Up B: Beedle places a bomb underneath him. He can move around freely for 5 seconds, then it explodes. You can press B to explode it when you want. If used in the air, it explodes instantly. When it explodes, he flies into the air (Or higher into the air) like Link does when he touches Lava. Beedle takes no damage.

Down B: Beedle takes out a net and tries to capture something. If he hits a player, Beedle captures the player and can move around freely with them. He can then throw the player in any direction he chooses, dealing damage to them. If he hits an item, he captures it and is used instead of a Hyoi Pear next time he uses that move. He can only have one item captured at a time, and the newer item he collects replaces the old one.

Final Smash: Beedle gets on his bike he uses to power the airship, and you mash A. His special gets more powerful and faster. His airship flies around the stage, hitting enemies. When it's done moving around, Beedle exhaustedly gets off his bike, and the ship falls to the ground, causing a big impact. It lasts for about 15 seconds.
----------------------------------------
Taunt 1: He shouts "OHHHHH!" with his hands thrown in the air with excitement.

Taunt 2: He stands firm trying to act tough, when his Beetle flies and sits on top of his head. He sighs, and returns to a battle stance.

Taunt 3: He shouts "Bye!" and waves his hand.[/collapse]
[collapse=Moveset by Headcrab Jackalope]
Neutral B: Beedle throws some All-Purpose Bait. A rat will then appear near Beedle, and chase the bait, damaging anyone in its way. The rat can be damaged and KO'd. The rat that appears has a small chance of being a Bombchu. The Bombchu's bomb explodes upon contact with the enemy.

Side B: Beedle summons a pig, and rides it for a short time, similar to Wario's bike. It damages anyone in its path. After a little bit, Beedle will jump off the pig, and it will run away, damaging anyone in its way before disappearing.

Up B: Beedle takes out a Hyoi Pear, and a flock of seagulls grab him and fly him upwards. The seagulls peck at the area above and in front of Beedle.

Down B: Beedle throws a Fishman holding a paintbrush. If the Fishman hits an opponent, it will deal damage and coat the opponent in paint. The paint slows a foe down, and causes them to occasionally trip for a short time.

Final Smash: Beedle tosses tons of All-Purpose Bait and Hyoi Pears around the stage. A stampede of rats, pigs, and seagulls appears, charging into opponents and dealing hefty damage.[/collapse]

Assist Trophy Ability:
In the event he becomes a Assist Trophy.

[Collapse=Rasumii]Ability: Throws Hyoi Pears across the stage, and a flock of seagulls surround the battlefield and deal 1% of damage every 3 seconds to everyone.[/collapse]

How He Appears In Game:
[collapse=The "Skyward Sword" Look]

[/collapse]

Color Swaps/Alternate Costumes:
[collapse=Rasumii's Color Swap]
[/collapse]
[collapse=ToothiestAura's Suggestion]
[/collapse]

Gallery:
[collapse=Wind Waker]

[/collapse][collapse=Skyward Sword]
[/collapse]

Music:
His Shop Theme

Supporters:
Rasumii - KingOfPhantoms47 - Headcrab Jackalope

Here is a Signature you can use:

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Zelda spots were already hotly-contested, and now ****ing Toon Link has taken one. I can't support Beedle over Skull Kid, Vaati, and Ghirahim.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Beedle x Anna OTP.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Just gave him my own personal moveset. Just came up with it on the spot, but it was definitely fun to think of.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Zelda spots were already hotly-contested, and now ****ing Toon Link has taken one. I can't support Beedle over Skull Kid, Vaati, and Ghirahim.
There is definitely a lot of competition for Zelda spots, now that I'm looking around. Beedle has appeared in more series than those, but obviously isn't as important. And I also want Groose, but that's another story.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Meh, I'll support him. Because why not? He's actually one of my favorite Zelda characters. (not one of the most deserving to be Smash though)

I was surprised and happy to see him in Skyward Sword. Until I left without buying anything oblivious to the consequences.

Reznor

work in progress
I thought this was a Beedrill thread :facepalm:
I think Beedle could make an awesome assist trophy we need more Zelda assist trophies anyways

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I thought this was a Beedrill thread :facepalm:
I think Beedle could make an awesome assist trophy we need more Zelda assist trophies anyways
Assist Trophy huh... Well I guess there is a very small chance of him being a Playable Character.

EDIT: Added a Final Smash. Very hard to think of for him.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
REVIVING THIS BECAUSE BEEDLE

(I support this by the way)

Could someone make a signature icon using this art:

I also brought along a specials moveset that makes him a summoner character:

Neutral B: Beedle throws some All-Purpose Bait. A rat will then appear near Beedle, and chase the bait, damaging anyone in its way. The rat can be damaged and KO'd. The rat that appears has a small chance of being a Bombchu. The Bombchu's bomb explodes upon contact with the enemy.

Side B: Beedle summons a pig, and rides it for a short time, similar to Wario's bike. It damages anyone in its path. After a little bit, Beedle will jump off the pig, and it will run away, damaging anyone in its way before disappearing.

Up B: Beedle takes out a Hyoi Pear, and a flock of seagulls grab him and fly him upwards. The seagulls peck at the area above and in front of Beedle.

Down B: Beedle throws a Fishman holding a paintbrush. If the Fishman hits an opponent, it will deal damage and coat the opponent in paint. The paint slows a foe down, and causes them to occasionally trip for a short time.

Final Smash: Beedle tosses tons of All-Purpose Bait and Hyoi Pears around the stage. A stampede of rats, pigs, and seagulls appears, charging into opponents and dealing hefty damage.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
And I thought the "Stork for Sm4sh" Thread was pointless...
Says the guy with a Gruntilda support thread. Really?
More than half of these threads are pointless, though; they're just for fun.

Interesting idea. Movesets are pretty good, but I think they should involve the golden helmet somehow. As a part of the FS or just as an alternate costume.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii

Interesting idea. Movesets are pretty good, but I think they should involve the golden helmet somehow. As a part of the FS or just as an alternate costume.
Hah! Great idea, can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks!

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman

Not trying to be a hater, I know Grunty won't get in. At least she's a main antagonist. :p

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Oh you added my moveset to the OP. Thanks!

But you wrote my name as Headcrap Jackalope instead of Headcrab Jackalope.:laugh:

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Added an Assist Trophy section since I got bored.

Also, do people prefer is WWHD Design or his SS design better?

Morbi

Scavenger
Beedle is a character that I would not mind seeing in Smash 4. In fact, he is my most wanted behind Ganon and Ghirahim which is actually saying a lot. My sister and I thought that it would be great if he could "partner" up with Tingle as they are both merchant's with over-priced goods. Tingle could reside on his shoulders in the same vein as Mortal Kombat X's Ferra/Torr (video for reference). Instead of a dagger, he would stab Beedle with a Ruppee, of course. I am not sure about a complete move-set, but for their grab, it would be great if they could stuff an enemy in a "Giant's Wallet."

The up-smash would be Tingle's "koo-loo limpah" whereas the side-Smash would be Beedle's "ohhhhh."

I suppose at the very least we have "Beedle" hair in the Wii U's "Mii Creator" option. Honestly, that is more than most "impossible" characters can say. So our Mii Fighter's can cosplay as Beedle and as everyone in this thread, I will be screaming "ohhhhh" every time I win OR lose!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoLf32DxdGo

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
(Thanks Swampasaur!)

Awesome! The new Ballot has given us a small.... very small chance to get this to happen! I sent in one for Beedle and the other for Layton.

Updated the beginning post too!

Top Bottom