• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bell Tolls for Prince Sable as an Assist Trophy in SSB4! (Now with Footage of Sable!)

How much do you support Prince Sable?

• 100%!

Votes: 42 24.4%
  • Just a little!

Votes: 42 24.4%
  • Who's Prince of Sable?

Votes: 62 36.0%
  • Neutral..

Votes: 26 15.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speculator

Smash Ace
So Prince Sable is like... a mix of Nintendo... and could represent more than just his own series if chosen to?
Probably not, Richard & Arewo Stein's appearances in Link's Awakening and Wario Land 4 were really just cameos. Sable is pretty specific to his game, and he's got plenty to go on already for moveset purposes.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
No way I'm giving up on Sable. I'm still hoping for the retro Gameboy character to be him. He's my most wanted newcomer for Smash 4, I'm still hoping he saw the potential revival in the franchise along with Nazo no Muramase Jo. There's honestly not that much competition when it comes to Gameboy characters. His only obstacle is Muddy Mole, but I don't see much potential for a Mole Mania revival IMO and I see Sable with the better potential.

In short, I'll just keep hoping for him as the second retro, so should you guys. He'll probably be revealed later post-release though. We may have to wait a while unless we get a Prince Richard AT or Mandola or Dr. Arewostein cameo early.

Last edited:

Speculator

Smash Ace
Pity about the transformation mechanic being scrapped. Looks like he would have to shift just for the duration of specials, or something.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Yeah, he's still has some unique moves left even without the transformations with the dust cloud counter attack. The concept of the Joy Fruit as the Down-B is a scrapped idea now. What should his D-Spec be now?

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
I had a really weird idea. What if, instead of transforming into a frog and snake, Prince Sable used frogs and snakes to help him fight? His up special would have frogs holding him up and jumping with him, and he could whip out snakes to bite opponents.

My alternative was having him wear frog shoes.:ohwell:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
He could command frogs like Richard, that could totally work. But as for snakes, maybe not.
Frog shoes don't seem like a good idea, I would rather have him stay true to his transforming roots.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Either its "100%" or "Just a little" in the support poll. I wanted to vote "Quite a lot. Not on the top of my list but I would like it very much".
My brother got this game back on the Game Boy and I only watched him play it. Looked cool. I always thought Richard was the main character though (and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening didn't help).
If we could get the frog and snake involved somehow and without the need of transformations. I can imagine it would be a great addition.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Either its "100%" or "Just a little" in the support poll. I wanted to vote "Quite a lot. Not on the top of my list but I would like it very much".
My brother got this game back on the Game Boy and I only watched him play it. Looked cool. I always thought Richard was the main character though (and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening didn't help).
If we could get the frog and snake involved somehow and without the need of transformations. I can imagine it would be a great addition.
Like I said plenty of times before, he can just use the transformations as special moves for a temporary time limit.

Toastie

Smash Rookie
I really like obscure characters, and Prince Sablé sounds like he could have a pretty interesting moveset. Because transformations have been removed, perhaps he could temporarily turn into a frog or a snake for the duration of his specials or something? I'd also really like to see him get a new game, like Pit did after Brawl.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Fanart I found:

I really like obscure characters, and Prince Sablé sounds like he could have a pretty interesting moveset. Because transformations have been removed, perhaps he could temporarily turn into a frog or a snake for the duration of his specials or something? I'd also really like to see him get a new game, like Pit did after Brawl.
I'm really hoping it comes out overseas. :o
Still crossing.

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I played and finished For the Frog the Bell Tolls a few days ago, and what a great game, i liked how simplistic the gameplay is, yet it delivers quite an awesome story, that said i support Prince Sable.

Even if the possibilities for him are slim, For the Frog the Bell Tolls really deserves a remake or a sequel, there's a lot of potential with those automatic RPG battles combined with the 2D platforming, just add some more exploration, more dungeons, more items, and it could an amazing game, Nintendo could be missing a solid revival of this game here.

Last edited:

MetalMario128

Smash Cadet
NNID
MetalMario64
I think Prince Sable could be interesting.

I would also love to hear some For the Frog the Bell Tolls music in Smash. That'd be great.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I think Prince Sable could be interesting.

I would also love to hear some For the Frog the Bell Tolls music in Smash. That'd be great.
Totally second this, Some arrangements of the Overworld Theme, Town Medley, Staff Roll, Final Battle, Dungeon/Cave, would be a pretty good song selection.

Laniv

Smash Champion
On the topic of For the Frog the Bell Tolls music:

It came out in 2003, but at least they still remember the game.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Every song in the game should have it's own music arrangement. :3
Definitely agree with CardiganBoy's selection with the addition of Pretty Girl, Nantendo Funcenter, Hop Hop Springs, Pudding Town, and even What's Your Name (the song that plays when start a new game).
Too many good songs to pass if I had to be honest.

On the topic of For the Frog the Bell Tolls music:

It came out in 2003, but at least they still remember the game.
Nintendo still remembers the game with the main theme being a track in Warioware D.I.Y. (Which is Japan-only):
I'm rather glad they still reference the game.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think Prince Sable has good chances. The only problem I find with his chances is that he may not be on the radar.

Hopefully Prince Sable will get in.

By the way, was Prince Sable acknowledged in Brawl? If so, then his chances are increased because he got recognition.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Sakurai talked about this game in an interview before Melee I believe, so I'm certain he knows the game exists.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
So I've been seeing the latest Japanese trends online (primarily twitter and some other websites) and people have had mixed receptions about the leak if it were true; mostly wishing that their favorite character was in. I've been seeing a lot of Prince Sable mentionings from people; one who said he'd buy a 100 Wii Us if Sable was confirmed

Just throwing this out there for some hope to supporters. At least we aren't the only ones who are dying to see this character get confirmed already.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So I've been seeing the latest Japanese trends online (primarily twitter and some other websites) and people have had mixed receptions about the leak if it were true; mostly wishing that their favorite character was in. I've been seeing a lot of Prince Sable mentionings from people; one who said he'd buy a 100 Wii Us if Sable was confirmed

Just throwing this out there for some hope to supporters. At least we aren't the only ones who are dying to see this character get confirmed already.
It's interesting to know that the Japanese fans are as divided about the leak as we are. I guess it's due to the fact that their personal favorites would have to be downloaded via DLC as opposed to being in the final roster IF that's not all we are getting based on the leak. We will see if it will truly evolve other than rehashing the same characters this August.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
*Rises from beneath the Earth*

Decided to stop by this thread. I may know next to nothing about this Sable fellow, but I will send my regards nonetheless. I believe he would make a fine retro addition. That is all.

*Takes to the sky*

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
A new arrangement I found, this is my favorite out of all remixes:
I recommend playing Richard's Villa at x1.5 speed to maintain the original Overworld theme. The remix really makes me hungry for a remake of this game on the 3DS.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
The retro priority list (To Smashboards at least):
1. Takamaru
2. Lip
3. Balloon Fighter

4. Duck Hunt Dog
5. Mach Rider
6. Muddy Mole
7. Prince Sable
8. Bubbles

3 eliminated, 3 more to go. :3

thelastreplicant

Smash Cadet
NNID
thelastreplicant
3DS FC
3480-2884-6458
After doing some research on this character I'm joining you guys on the Sable bandwagon!

I've known about his game for some time but only recently remembered it and now I hope he makes it in the game.

There is so much potential for an interesting moveset with him and he would honestly be my most hyped newcomer (along w/Ridley if he makes it in)

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
To be honest as much as I liked Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru, the game's so obscure that an assist trophy would get me hyped as hell. I don't really have much hope for him as playable, though.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
To be honest as much as I liked Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru, the game's so obscure that an assist trophy would get me hyped as hell. I don't really have much hope for him as playable, though.
I'm in the same boat, and Assist would still be really cool. I hope every obcsure series gets a little bit of rep :)

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I always imagined his transformations as a form of reduce/increase his range/speed//power rather than give him new moves, i dont see any point in take them away from him.

An AT would be really nice anyways :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom