• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bell Tolls for Prince Sable as an Assist Trophy in SSB4! (Now with Footage of Sable!)

How much do you support Prince Sable?

• 100%!

Votes: 42 24.4%
  • Just a little!

Votes: 42 24.4%
  • Who's Prince of Sable?

Votes: 62 36.0%
  • Neutral..

Votes: 26 15.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
image.jpg
Well, now that Takamaru is kill; I'm really hoping Sable makes it playable at the very least

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Has Sakurai posted anything Kaeru-no-Tame-ni related on Twitter, I read that one guy on 4chan that he posted one about the game.
(And have you checked his whole Twitter?)
Just curious.
I've checked his whole twitter before and still do periodically here and there to see if there is anything interesting

The only thing related was a long while ago saying he was interested in either rebooting Nazo No Muramase Jo or Kaeru No Tame Ni; like he did with Kid Icarus. He hasn't however talked about them being in smash at all. That's basically it.

Who knows, Kamiya probably called dibs on a new reboot for Takamaru after he is done with his current title on the Xbox One. I doubt calling dibs on franchise reboots is directly relevant to smash inclusion; but hey, who knows.

I was personally hoping Tanabe or Koizumi would reboot it considering they have a far better history and track record. Having a game like that revived on the WiiU, with beautiful visuals and art a la Miyazaki stylized movies (along with exploration and combat) sounds great to me personally.

Then again, the console isn't doing as well in Japan as the 3DS is so I could be wrong for wanting a reboot on the WiiU

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Is that so, I'll keep your word on it, for now, Nazo no Muramase Jou has already been squashed to AT status, so this might be the franchise Sakurai wants to revive, then again you could be wrong.

thelastreplicant

Smash Cadet
NNID
thelastreplicant
3DS FC
3480-2884-6458
I never knew Sakurai was interested in doing a Kaeru no Tame Ni reboot. That gives me hope of some kind of smash representation, whether that be as a AT or character. A reboot would be so amazing though, I really hope it happens one day.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Sorry guys.....At least you guys got an assist trophy though...

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 and everyone else in this thread: I'm sorry. At the very least, he's getting represented in some way. Looks like an AT and a stage.

EDIT: Never mind, it's just the Tomodachi stage. But, it looks like Sable himself is pretty cool as an AT.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess the bells really did toll for Prince Sable

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Stage? That was just the tamodachi stage.
I was just about to edit. Just realized it was the Tomodachi stage. The room he's standing in is very regal, and Tame ni Kane wa Naru is a handheld game, so I assumed it was his stage.

thelastreplicant

Smash Cadet
NNID
thelastreplicant
3DS FC
3480-2884-6458
NOOOOOOOO!!!! The dream is dead!

Well I'm still happy he made it into the game in some form. Hopefully the exposure will help us finally get Kaeru no Tame Ni released in the US on the eshop. Then, eventually a reboot.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Well, I didn't think he would even get an assist trophy to be honest.

I want to say sorry but the reality is... Congratulations. This thread didn't see as many supporters and you guys got the second best thing which is really awesome.

Sorry he's not playable, but he's joining the battle in an awesome way.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Uh oh. Seems like the deconfirmations are getting bigger. The least you will be expecting and one of the favorites like Ridley, K. Rool, Bandana Dee o Krystal will get the AT.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Damn... sorry BluePikmin... at least he's an Assist Trophy and not a crappy sticker. I like that he can transform into a snake or a frog and trap characters in dust clouds! I hope Prince Sable is also in the Wii U version as well.

Damn... first Takamaru, now Prince Sable... it seems that Sakurai is deconfirming Japanese retro characters on Mondays now.

Chalphy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chalphy
This is awesome, I wanted him in Smash but knew it was a longshot. This is a fine consolation prize.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee..."

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I think it's awesome that he made it in as an assist trophy and he looks super cool. Shame he's not playable, but this is the next best thing, right?

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Sorry for your loss, guys. If nothin' else, it's good that he's getting some kind of spotlight, right?

Hopefully Sable (and Takamru) are the Little Macs of this game and get promoted to playable next time around!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
He still looks amazing! I am glad hes even an assist. Here's to all the less than likelies-and-obscure characters making it in as assists or stage cameos!

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
He may not have made it in this time, but the Prince has cemented an AT spot! That alone opens up all kinds of doors for him! :) I hope you guys are okay with this.

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I admit, when I saw today's pic, I immediately thought of @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 . For those who haven't seen the pics yet...

I think it's pretty cool that his forms share the trophy with him. The frog is even making the same pose as the prince!

Sorry that he's not playable. At least he'll still be in the fray as an AT and make a name for himself.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I offer my condolences to whoever supported Prince Sable. However, I didn't expect him to appear at all, so it's good that he got to be an assist trophy!

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
This gives me hopes for an impressive Assist Trophy roster. He would have made an interesting character, but this is a big win for the Prince.

domokl

Smash Lord
he and dillion and takamaru can get promoted next smash now!

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Gonna be honest here, I'm perfectly fine with this. The fact he gets recognized at all is fine with me. Here's hoping for some music too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I admit, when I saw today's pic, I immediately thought of @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 . For those who haven't seen the pics yet...

I think it's pretty cool that his forms share the trophy with him. The frog is even making the same pose as the prince!

Sorry that he's not playable. At least he'll still be in the fray as an AT and make a name for himself.
The snake is too, you just can't see it's arms because they are super small

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Atleast he was recognized at all. Gives me hope for a reboot or an actual localization in the future.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman

How do you know the Snake form isn't doing the same pose too?

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
My condolences, @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 and the rest of ya. It never feels nice when a character you're passionate about is disconfirmed. Though, if I must be honest, the assist trophy is more representation than I really expected for him. But try to stay positive. You never know what the future may hold between now and Smash 5. A lot can change in 5-6 years.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Huh, weird. Just now I dreamed that Sable would get disconfirmed today, after the way Takamaru was disconfirmed. Really odd.

Anyway, sorry guys. Again, like with Takamaru fans, hope you get him to appear next game...

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
And thus the bell tolls for another character with potential. Sorry for your loss, guys. At the very least, him being an assist trophy could be considered a consolidation prize. Just maybe he might pull a Little Mac in the next Smash installment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom