• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle Lounge 500$ Bonus Pot Melee&Brawl Major Florida Tournament 8/28 - 8/30

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have some extra fliers can I borrow someone from the boards to spread them around there area for this event? Just wondering I have been spreading them like crazy already enough as it is and I figured a little help never hurt anyone.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
I have some extra fliers can I borrow someone from the boards to spread them around there area for this event? Just wondering I have been spreading them like crazy already enough as it is and I figured a little help never hurt anyone.
give em to lots of peeeeeeeeople

lol, i'd spread em out at the mall or something. specially at the gamestops and such,

leave one there ask them to tape it to the counter so people can see it.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
venue is a bit pricey.

but from what i know, Swen is going way out of his way(not gonna put his **** out there,but. . .)to get this **** done and done RIGHT.

and there's 2000 extra dollars coming out of his pocket, so get hype.

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am going to host a get together on Tuesday in South Miami I will be dispersing fliers out there at noobie games on tuesday from 3 - 9 be there I am going to put up the new thread right now.

3921 Alton Rd
Miami Beach, FL 33140

AfroQT

Smash Master
Yeah for real...this tourney is gonna be amazing.
Like i said i'll be here.

AND BTW

I NEED A TEAMMATE FOR THIS CUZ SEIBRIK ISNT GOING

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
is there a way you could possibly scan the flyer, and get the image up here?

I could print it out, make tons of copies.
Pass em out.

spread the HYPE OUT FROM CYBERSPACE INTO THE REAL WORLD.

GGrandhustle305

Smash Apprentice
this tounramnt sounds goood but dont look like its hyped mxch for beeing a 500$ payout
yeah that's what im saying.
idk if i'm going to go though that venue fee is really messing everything up :dizzy:

I aint no rich man so that's a lot of money D:
and then if you add that to the singles and doubles (You and partner going together)

That's 80 bucks for the tourney and if u lose its down the drain <_<

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I looked at the Brawl stage list... You need th move the stages from the starter/counter and the counter/banned into one of those categories. (ie. each starter/counter into either counter or banned)
I suggest using the normal FL levels. (which you can find in pretty much any FL Brawl thread)

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
yeah that's what im saying.
idk if i'm going to go though that venue fee is really messing everything up :dizzy:

I aint no rich man so that's a lot of money D:
and then if you add that to the singles and doubles (You and partner going together)

That's 80 bucks for the tourney and if u lose its down the drain <_<
dxmnn i didnt even read that it was that mxch for enttree fee. its alits still pretty close so we alot of moneyy and then for not alot of people to show up and play like 2 or 3 rounds?? idk its still pretty close so theres a big chance of going

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
dxmnn i didnt even read that it was that mxch for enttree fee. its alits still pretty close so we alot of moneyy and then for not alot of people to show up and play like 2 or 3 rounds?? idk its still pretty close so theres a big chance of going
i'm pretty sure it's 20 dollars for venue fee, and if the events take place over the course of a few days they will/should allow you to return.

correct me if i'm wrong.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
i'm pretty sure it's 20 dollars for venue fee, and if the events take place over the course of a few days they will/should allow you to return.

correct me if i'm wrong.
That would be nice to know.
20 dollar venue fee + entry fee, or Con fee, + 20 dollar venue fee + entry fee?

nevershootme

Smash Master
So, the 20 is the con fee?
funky... checked the con site and the con fee is $45... so i'm guessing it's a separate location within the con that you're paying the $20...

i might be bringing cfl seeing that I'm driving home... but maybe not if cfl is demanding a tourney, I might be able to throw something up there at the school and not be able to come down...

Laijin

Smash Hero
Why the **** would anyone want to pay $20 to attend a ****ty anime con? This tournament is complete bull****. When I go to a tournament, I don't expect extra fees to be forced at me for other **** I don't care about.

**** the tournament directors for this tourney. Their terrible. They apparently have no clue on how to setup a tournament. A pair of ******** monkeys could probably do a better job

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
hmmm, sounds like the AWA tourneys in GA =/. where you pay 10 bux to enter a 60 man tourney and win.....200 bux and a t shirt =/

nicaboy

Smash Champion
**** that **** im coming I dont give a **** and imma make history at this ****!!!!

Jason do you still need a ride? And I think housing should be acknowledge cuz Im coming like 45 miles out of my way so to come back and return next day is whack. Im trying to avoid hotel costs as well...

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
20$ Venue fee? ._.
Ill skip this tourney
it's during an anime convention, which is actually cheaper than a one day fee for someone who's just going to attend the convention.

yasumicon was free but a terrible con. I had fun though.

also, 20 dollars to span 3 days?

it's not that bad.

Laijin

Smash Hero
$20 for the span of 3 days to enjoy a ****ty anime con.
Terrible anime cons are not fun. It feels like you wasted your money.
Anime cons are fun when your with friends, but even the worst cons still feel like you wasted your money(Megacon 09...).
I've never heard anything positive about mizucon(or most cons in FL for that matter. There are only a few good ones).

They should host a tournament for people to come to the tournament, not for people who want to go to an anime con as well cause that does not fit with everyone's interest. Like I said, ****ty tournament hosts.

Top Bottom