• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle for Power! (Matchmaking & Video Thread)

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'll accept both your requests, but someone else joined the room for now. I can play you two some other day.

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
S'all good. We wound up beating each other up in the end.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'll have a room up all night in about 2 hours, feel free to drop in.

Preparing for a tournament tomorrow with warmups.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
https://youtu.be/PkCgZxt-uyY?t=1h36m34s

I didn't get on stream for dubs but I snuck a game in with someone who asked. I'm cut off on the cam though lol.

Singles will be coming up soon, idk when but maybe tomorrow. I beat this d3 but burned out towards the end and lost in him in g 3-0/3-2. I was impatient and tired, part of me just wanted to head home lol. I handled the gordo ledge traps horribly and still am not sure the most optimal way of doing so. I don't feel like playing tennis with the damn thins so I approach too much too lol. He's a good d3 though, just the way I lost to him via gordo stuff annoyed me.

tldr I am too impatient which makes me hate the d3 mu.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26lLah_Djac

33:01 1st streamed set vs. Bowser Jr

57:43 2nd streamed set Vs Mario

1:09:02 3rd streamed set Vs D3

2:04:59 final set in gfs, reset as well Vs same D3

This is just what I was describing above; I've already got an idea of what I could've done better. The last match in particular I could've taken had I played right imo.

Anyway feel free to critique me if you'd like.

1:19:26 I went for an all or nothing read because I didn't feel confident in closing the game but something funny happened and I'm amazed I reacted in time lol.

Last edited:

Nintenbro_Zeke

Smash Rookie
Opana Opana You make Ganon look super fast, and it's beautiful to watch. My only suggestion on your matches (more specifically GF) you got hit by wayyy too many Gordos.. That DDD wasn't even that good. He just out neutrals Ganon due to Gordo spam and his hammer range. Main thing is you should have been a little more patient and baited out some more, but overall you did better than I would have. DDD is a massive pain.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yeah patience isn't my strong point tbh, appreciate the input. If I had dash attacked or wizkicked instead of running into Shield I think that'd have helped too.

Really though I hate d3 lol.

Nintenbro_Zeke

Smash Rookie
As Ganon.. I hate every character. Each one has an annoying gimmick they over use.

DDD is a prime example. Gordos, gordos, and more gordos.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I like some characters like Shulk and others prone to being combod but I totally understand that feeling.

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
I've yet to run into any Cloud that has given me trouble. I would go as far to say that Dorf just beats Cloud.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I've yet to run into any Cloud that has given me trouble. I would go as far to say that Dorf just beats Cloud.
No way we beat Cloud, he outspaces us pretty hard & we're kinda forced to approach.
But his pathetic recovery (without limit) keeps it somewhat close, the hard part uis actually getting him offstage.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Out of the preponderance of awful ones I've played, funnily enough, the very first one I fought was really good. I definitely think Cloud wins, but it's not really that bad. He just has a lot of really fast moves with huge hitboxes that make punishing landings and such difficult. Most of his stuff on the ground's pretty punishable though.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Out of the preponderance of awful ones I've played, funnily enough, the very first one I fought was really good. I definitely think Cloud wins, but it's not really that bad. He just has a lot of really fast moves with huge hitboxes that make punishing landings and such difficult. Most of his stuff on the ground's pretty punishable though.
And the fact that he should almost never come back from offstage if he doesn't have a limit.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
The reason Cloud's recovery is awful is because literally every one of our moves will beat it, and he will die as a result.

I've picked up Cloud as a dual-main to see how far I can take him, and my opinion is that Ganon should never really touch Cloud. But if he does--and Cloud goes off-stage--it should be a stock, basically.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Cloud's recovery really isn't that bad.

Reminds me of ours, if we had a wall jump.
We can at least sweetspot the ledge & mixup with side-B.
Cloud doesn't even have that, the only way he can recover somewhat safely without limit is if he's high enough to snap with the up-B drop.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
We can at least sweetspot the ledge & mixup with side-B.
Cloud doesn't even have that, the only way he can recover somewhat safely without limit is if he's high enough to snap with the up-B drop.
Up B snaps with his earliest frames as well

egojuice

Smash Rookie
NNID
Egowaffle
Username: Egojuice
In-Game name: Egojuice
3DS Friend Code:
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Egowaffle
Country of Residence: Cayman Islands
Palette Colour: Old man Ganon

Check out my first SSB4 montage of the King! Would love suggestions to be better. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5VVuvEE668

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Username: Egojuice
In-Game name: Egojuice
3DS Friend Code:
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Egowaffle
Country of Residence: Cayman Islands
Palette Colour: Old man Ganon

Check out my first SSB4 montage of the King! Would love suggestions to be better. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5VVuvEE668
God damn, and i thought i was far away.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
So this video is not of me but has my name on it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xm9BpgIvnk&feature=youtu.be

H8MD is a player that I beat in a ft5 online; we dislike each other for reasons and I guess he's trying to get my attention or something(and it worked lol). I was friendly with Poyo though so idk what's up here, anway I thought it was kinda funny so I shared. Not even the right color lol...

Deotay

Smash Cadet

H8MD is a player that I beat in a ft5 online; we dislike each other for reasons and I guess he's trying to get my attention or something(and it worked lol). I was friendly with Poyo though so idk what's up here, anway I thought it was kinda funny so I shared. Not even the right color lol...
That some grimey **** right there. If you're friends with the guy running the channel you should ask him to either correct it or take it down.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692

Well i guess he has "h8" in his name for a reason lol.
Anyone that's a low blow, i never saw you use that alt ever, you only use the worst alt.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Nah I'm just not gonna interact with Poyo like I've already been attempting with H8MD. Poyo just wants to fit in it feels like; I wished him luck in Smash/General and said no hard feelings before I blocked him. I hate having any issues with the community but h8 doesn't want to resolve anything so Idk. If I ever see him again maybe I'll try to resolve things peacefully in person.

Also wtf my color is the goat omg

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Nah I'm just not gonna interact with Poyo like I've already been attempting with H8MD. Poyo just wants to fit in it feels like; I wished him luck in Smash/General and said no hard feelings before I blocked him. I hate having any issues with the community but h8 doesn't want to resolve anything so Idk. If I ever see him again maybe I'll try to resolve things peacefully in person.

Also wtf my color is the goat omg
Isn't Poyo the one who wears the kirby hat?

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed

You can tell this it's a fake because you would have wall teched that finishing spike, like any decent human.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I have never watched a streamed game of his >_>.

Top Bottom