• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i think i ran into that green pikachu you guys were talking about. This one liked to QAC and dair[not canceled] i got hit by it a few times on my wolf but thanks to quick thinking i got out of his grabs.

Hes lost to me twice. Daayuumm white kirby just gave this pika the **** ROFL THEY'RE TROLLING HIM i am giggling so hard right now

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
just bate and punish, spamchu deserves no mercy. I got lucky enough to get a one v one against one last week. Super satisfying to spam him back and watch as the frustration mounted. I think got six rang hits in a row at one point. Whoever it was didn't even know how to snap recover to the stage. by the end of the match it was obvious they spammed because that's all they knew, which made it less satisfying. But like I said no mercy, spamchu must be eradicated.

:phone:

Or just go R.O.B.,kick back,and fire Lasers + Gyro.If anything,it'll more than likely piss them off and make them come to you.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
I hate when Kirby's spam down special.
Ugh.This.I see scrubs who do garbage like this ALL the time.I've made a habit of Using Uthrow to bait them into doing it again......just so I get another UThrow......and another......and another......and another.......:p

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Ugh.This.I see scrubs who do garbage like this ALL the time.I've made a habit of Using Uthrow to bait them into doing it again......just so I get another UThrow......and another......and another......and another.......:p
I should try that. I usually use the grab throw thats best with the character im using.

link2702

Smash Champion
i love idiot kirby's that spam stone, just as much as toon links that spam down air...or ikes that spam Fsmash and Usmash.

nothing frustrates those noobs more then seeing their move spot dodged every single time.:awesome:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Lol the whole room left just because of a Captain Falcon dominated them twice in a row. (I didn't do much with mine, just watched and taunted) Even the winner left as well

EDIT: After 4 straight wins for my Captain Falcon, I made this noob RQ. I wrecked him when he went MK and when he Falcon dittoed me.

Zulo

Smash Ace
i love idiot kirby's that spam stone, just as much as toon links that spam down air...or ikes that spam Fsmash and Usmash.

nothing frustrates those noobs more then seeing their move spot dodged every single time.:awesome:
I hate to admit it, but spamming fsmash and usmash as Ike is pretty dang effective on wifi. Just go up to two people who're fighting and hold fsmash, and you'll probably get a kill.

Until you get them in 1v1 that is.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
Currently in a room as Blue Peach with a Pink/Black Ness, a Jigglypuff -> Marth -> Yoshi, and an Ike (crasher) that became Captain Falcon. I just made an extreme fail recovery. lol. How stupid of me.

Edit: I don't want to label Ike/Capt. Falcon/Fox as the crasher. They both seem to respect everyone. It's just a duel match pretty much with me as a spectator. I kinda wish Jigg/Math/Yosh/Zam/Snak/etc. wouldn't interfere.

Edit: Hard to label people now. People keep changing characters. It's kinda amusing.

Edit: Eh. Both of them will attempt to meteor smash me if I'm in the air off the ledge every so often and then ignore me completely after they fail to. Odd. Random situation. Player 2 left and was replaced with a Green Mario who was later replaced by a Wolf/Gold Ike.

Edit: Group disconnected. Oh well. I wanted to get some ice cream anyway.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Puttung the hurt on this Red Lucas right now. My Falcon looks too good.

EDIT: Now my Pokemon are kicking the Lucas/Tinks cartoony behind. Now my Squirtle just devestated this Red Ike.

EDIT: Was just in a great fighting room with a Snake/Ike, a Marth/Link/Ganon, and a Fire Mario. Mario you were really good and I'd love to fight you again, hopefully 1v1 next time and with no items. Ike, I'd wish you would have stopped trying to kill anyone that was at high %.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Wtf

I was in team brawl, first match, and out comes a CF, wolf and ike thats on my team. It starts pouring items like crazy and in the first 5 secs and the game crashes. T_T

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I hate to admit it, but spamming fsmash and usmash as Ike is pretty dang effective on wifi. Just go up to two people who're fighting and hold fsmash, and you'll probably get a kill.

Until you get them in 1v1 that is.
Today my little brother did almost the same thing. He watched a couple of noobs fight for a while, then jumped in and Falcon Pawnched, and connected on one of them.

Also, the thread hit 100 pages. Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear thread, happy birthday to you!

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I was in team brawl, first match, and out comes a CF, wolf and ike thats on my team. It starts pouring items like crazy and in the first 5 secs and the game crashes. T_T
I've been in a room where that happened. It was laggy as **** when I got a Smashball. I was hoping to safe the match but the lag became too much and the room got DC.

Dang Landmaster...

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Owning taunter types in Team Battle!

Yes, for once I ran into the ultra-rare taunter types in Team Battle about 40 minutes ago! No matter who my "partner" was, they just wanted to park by someone on the other team or spam taunts. It only took one round to adjust, and then I proceded to eat them for breakfast as I often do to taunters in Basic Brawl, except it was a whole lot easier in Team Battle! To Peach, ZSS, and Link: Nice try, but it will never work, at least not on my watch. You guys eventually bored me, so I had to kick you out. *yawns*

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ggs @ the green ness, orange luigi, red DK i was fighting

the items got too much for me

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
To the green DDD I fought a while back as Captain Falcon, why did you suddenly start to kill yourself when I was beating you? Were you tired of fighting of did you just give up? Or was my Falcon too much for you?

But good games though, you seemed to have showed me respect/didn't RQ so I assumed those matches were more friendly. As for the Pika/Snake/Mk, you weren't that good in my opinion. Still had some fun games though.

link2702

Smash Champion
eh...well i never have much trouble with the Fsmash and Usmash spamming ikes, usually because they are the ones i go straight after, the other two players are going at it, and i single out the ike and wreck him, its funny cuz he usually knows he's outmatched, and so he trys to dart towards the other two to try his Fsmash spam on them like you described, yet i STILL pull him away and single him out and bring him right back towards me.

I suppose ti also helps that i use snake alot :awesome: so i just shield drop nades all the time, anytime the ike would get a Smash and hit the other players if i happen to be close enough, i pull a nade out, so even if i DO get hit AND killed, chances are good that the blast of the nade will hit the other players, and i'll steal the ikes kills anyway :troll:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
who is the orange peach in my room in BB that just lost to me on Rainbow? i was red pikachu

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
You were red Tink/ yellow Diddy/ dark Fox. Decent player, except for overusing smashes a little ( not gay overuse. ) If those mother****ing taunters didn't get in the way, we could have had a decent fight. Then one of them sent me over and you shined me down from there. Beat on you a few seconds after that, then DC'd after the match so you could **** the taunters. Anyone?

Takumi

Smash Cadet
Was a Blue fail Peach for a couple hours.
Started in a room with a White Peach, a Wolf, and Zelda.
The Wolf started destroying me in an inconvenient area with smart bombs.
I suppose he was the crasher for a while.
The White Peach took over for a while and left after a couple rounds.
The Zelda helped out for a bit using several other characters such as Marth/Ike.

The Wolf permanantly became a Falco for the rest of the day.
After White Peach left, Falco decided to play around for a while and then destroy every new person that joined the room, leaving the Marth and I alone. Marth sided with him. I was like, "wtf." but after several more matches of ignoring me, I got used to it.

Eventually, Marth left after several new P4s left.
Marth got replaced by a CPU. It went after me while I was on a phone call.
I eventually went agressive after it.

CPU got replaced by a Pit the next round I went after.
He was very agressive but handled him quite well until he decided to go after the Falco and Meta Knight.
The group disconnected the next match while I was making more calls.

</3 Hurricanes.

Yeah, I'm pretty useless in my Brawl matches.
I only attack when I'm being attacked.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ggs@ the ike, random playing ppl in our TB room i was the pikachu/wolf

got fun when items went off

atten Tink, GW, Marth, guy that copied my white kirby; your *** and you only won because of lag enjoy being bad and getting hit by a mind game roll out by jiggs on temple :troll:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Hilarious Ganoncides x4 (half from partner!)

I just finished a hilarious Team Battle on Pirate Ship half an hour ago. One Warlock Punch kill and four Ganoncide kills (while surviving all 4) would normally be enough to make a match great, but the best part was how my partner was credited on half of them. Basically my Jigglypuff partner would do a Rollout from the right side of the ship, propel the enemy my direction, and then my Ganondorf intercepted the enemy in mid-air for the Ganoncide kill in front of the ship... TWICE! I think I will keep this match for a long, long time. :-)

Zulo

Smash Ace
Who is this Pikachu? Your chu is better than mine probably, I'm kinda winning on gay stages and your overagressiveness. Green headband, lots of QACing.. Probably the same one. Still want to know who it is though.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Who is this Pikachu? Your chu is better than mine probably, I'm kinda winning on gay stages and your overagressiveness. Green headband, lots of QACing.. Probably the same one. Still want to know who it is though.
I think I saw a Pikachu like this in a room yesterday.He was fighting a couple of Starfox scrubs when I came in the room.

Though,I was kicking back with purpleish R.O.B. =P

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Had so many matches today, I can barely remember the early fights.

I know my Green Wolf caused some severe damage to many different players. Especially this one Zelda/Marth. He thought he was good, but once I got serious, he was getting spiked at least twice every game. At one point he just started planking and thought it would safe him. I read him like a book and gave him a good B-air.

My Captain Falcon was taunting as usual when not kicking ***. He didn't do much out of the ordinary other than give an unsuspecting Sheik a knee when she as bulling my friend. My Falcon however has gotten to the point where he can beat the snot out of an avarage MK. Just ask this one MK who gotten beaten by 3 stocks.

My Pokemon didn't see too much action outside of trying to get this other guy to go back to PT. I was Captain Falcon the round hecame in and went PT. I've only gotten to fight one really good Pokemon Trainer in basically my entire Wi-fi/Brawl experiance. If the PT doesn't want a taunt party (which most do when I go PT) then their nothing but dumb scrubs who don't know ****.

I did have some fun hanging around this Blue Snake/ZSS. In SD, I'd just stand next to him while he blew himself up as Snake. And we also teamed up against this pair of crashers that came in our room. We had a lot of matches together, but when ever he'd blow both of us up, 90% of the time the Snake would live. The main reason for that was I hit the camera while he got star koed.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Does he Dair out of his QAC?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Im up loading a video show casing him and comparing him to my, better,
. Really if you Pshield this guys crap hes very easy. He ****ed up the CG on wolf pretty bad

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yes, i actually did it quite a few times in my vid im uploading. Wolfs shine has like 5f~ invincibility when it starts up. Fox has good pushback on his shine, and Falco would be better of jabbing into w/e he wants.

If you wanna try something cool, turn on bomb bombs, select wolf and stand next to one and shine. His IF lasts long enough he never gets hurt shining bombs or other explosives :)

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I'll try that, I know Wolf can Shine out of Peaches chain grab she has on him at low percentages but often times that happens if a Peach tries to be greedy and get in more grabs or takes too long to turn around to re grab or Wolf DIs properly he can then Shine her.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
His shine is very useful. If you look at my video archives of my wolf, you'll see me shine at least a few times per match. I use it as a cross up move when i get behind, fast fall, above,or land right next to someone. Im not sure if this truely combos, but on noobs after i shine i buffer a jab or jab cancel into a grab. Even in my sig i start out with a shine in that attack string. Shine will also hit players that are in a 'juggle state' [aka laying on the ground after getting hit]

Anyway heres that Green Pikachu i ran into;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DWTvhiBnOs

Hes decent really, dont be dumb like me and not pshield. Pshielding ***** pikachu

Compare to my piktachu :troll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9jEXMrHvb4

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Play with him offline first with a CPU and practice recovering. I think wolfs biggest challenge is learning how to use his tools to recover off stage and his air mobility.

I can show you a few tricks i know with him, gimmie a few mins to make a vid.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Play with him offline first with a CPU and practice recovering. I think wolfs biggest challenge is learning how to use his tools to recover off stage and his air mobility.
Don't even get me started on how much I dislike Wolf's recovery. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten screwed over on FD when using Wolf.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Its really all about spacing it to hit the sweet spot of the ledge. It takes alot of failing to get the hang of it.

Zulo

Smash Ace
His shine is very useful. If you look at my video archives of my wolf, you'll see me shine at least a few times per match. I use it as a cross up move when i get behind, fast fall, above,or land right next to someone. Im not sure if this truely combos, but on noobs after i shine i buffer a jab or jab cancel into a grab. Even in my sig i start out with a shine in that attack string. Shine will also hit players that are in a 'juggle state' [aka laying on the ground after getting hit]

Anyway heres that Green Pikachu i ran into;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DWTvhiBnOs

Hes decent really, dont be dumb like me and not pshield. Pshielding ***** pikachu

Compare to my piktachu :troll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9jEXMrHvb4
I don't think that's the same one.. He never did dair out of qac. Other than that though it /could/ be him. I know that's not me though, mostly because I don't remember that match and I don't do dair out of qac or mess up easy chaingrabs after one throw.

Wolf's recovery is a lot like Falco's. Side-b is really good, up-b is really frustrating. In my experience.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
you can jump cancel Dair out of QAC though so its not like you shouldnt its just ff Dair sucks *** in most situations.

Heres how i play my wolf Supa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Jc70Cu0A8

Just to give you an idea of how i combo on wolf. There's some pretty good situational mix ups i created. I usually use Uair if im fast falling if i can combo it into another rising uair. Cant use fair all the times because it has to be jump canceled for it not to have delay. I had deku nuts, sticky bombs, montion sensor bombs and bomb bomb turned on for the fox portion =P

Btw Wolfs Nair has 2 stages. The first hitbox to comes out is a medium knock back, while the hits after it combo into each other. For Example on the fox portion i Nair1'ed>drop down>dsmash punished fox for not teching. That is one really good way of using his Nair1, to use Nair2 use it like you would with peaches Dair and use it to get behind them for a grab w/e you want.

In the pikachu portion i accidently suicided on my illusion, then did what i wanted to do with it, which was illusion to the ledge on the other side. That really comes in handly if you need to get away fast. However spacing illusion can be quite tricky.

just think in terms of diagonals and get the read on where they are in the air or where they're gonna land.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Pshielding ***** Wolf. If you got someone pshielding your moves especially the blaster you have to bait then out of shielding and get them into a situation you know you can win in. This kind of explains why my wolf grabs and jabs more than usual. I'm testing to see whether or not they're gonna shield, if they shield i stop my jab and grab them. If they drop shield after my jab, i either 1. continue jab or 2. cancel into dtilt. If they trip follow up with a blaster to bait reaction>get the read> punish. That actually happened in the pikachu portion lol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GGs @ that guy that stuck with me in team battle. We had like 3 sets of noobs and 1 good peach come in.

They were in this order{gasps}

Shiek, Snake, Falco, Link, Lucas, Kirby, Lucario and then finally Samus when i left. They mostly played Snake though. Knew all the ATs for each char, blah blah.

I played in this order;

Wolf, Tink, Ness, Jigglypuff, Kirby, and Pikachu last game before i left due to dinner. I knew you were excited to play me since we had alot of sick matches. My Wolf really bodied you hard at Halbard vs your Falco :troll: Never phantasm too much and watch out for that stage spike on wolfs upb

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so whose the green pikachu that tried to lame out a win on temple by taunting me then getting ***** by an upsmash? Such trash, at least dont afk when im still in the room baddie. Get steam rolled son

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Unova Trainer caught a wild Pikachu!

I've started to pick up Pikachu today so I went and tested him out on Wi-fi after doing some research/training. I did really good against this Tink who was somewhat good. I ended up using nothing but Pokemon on Wi-fi in the later of the day and I felt like I was getting comfertable with Pika.

When using PT, this new player that came in had the nerve to ditto me. The way I see it, when I beat someone with my main/secondary and they go as the character I used/am using to beat them, I find that as an insult. To me it's saying that they think that if I beat them with that character, then they can use them better then me. Now if it's a TP, that's a different story.

But this guy made the biggest mistake any Pokemon Trainer should never do: Change your Pokemon when you're RIGHT next to your opponet. Now there are certain circumstances where it's appropriate, like avoiding a Final Smash, etc. but he however just messed up and got severely punished for it.

I did have some great battles messing with the Tink/Sonic/Mario. One of my favorite moments was gimping/messing with this Sheik on Temple. Tjolt can be really helpful when there is a wall between a Pika and his opponet. in terms of Pokemon however, I'm still going to mainly use my Team, over Pikachu. I'll probably use Pika whenever I feel like it/the enemy like using spacies. It's too bad our room got DC in the middle of some great fights.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Uair is your best friend on pikachu.

DI out, buffer uair. They get behind you? ulilt or uair. When you guys run into good players, what kinds of bad habbts do they have? Mine always try to get behind me in a very obnoxious and obvious way and they always get punished for it.

Top Bottom