• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Hawk: you have brought shame among the hawks

Reioumu

Smash Lord
3 more wins I would have gotten into top 8.

I lost to LK 2nd round, and then sp00ky later in brackets. What sucks is that I play both of those guys quite a lot and they were both in my pool. w/e I had fun in vegas.

We couldn't do nearly as many sidebets as we wanted since it was prohibited in the main room, but I managed to get a few going. I made about $60 from sidebets and $30 from money matches. So I at least made back my entry lol.

Also, Vegas has some godlike deals. At the flamingo, $2 Hamburger and fries after midnight. A few other places with like $5 steak and eggs after midnight. or $7 steak dinner (string beans and baked potato and they gave us unlimited sodas) all day. Every room I was in at Caesar's Palace had a jacuzzi and the place is HUUUGE.

Also every block had at least 10 mexicans handing out stripper cards. **** is like $35 for one, and then two for $75 who will work together ($5 more though :/)

I beat one of the Japanese players in a $20 money match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvjpc8vBm3s

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
seb has finally accepted that hes kermit ever since that shirt i bought him that was a kermit shirt he hasnt refused once that he isnt kermit

Ghostype

Smash Champion
3 more wins I would have gotten into top 8.

I lost to LK 2nd round, and then sp00ky later in brackets. What sucks is that I play both of those guys quite a lot and they were both in my pool. w/e I had fun in vegas.

We couldn't do nearly as many sidebets as we wanted since it was prohibited in the main room, but I managed to get a few going. I made about $60 from sidebets and $30 from money matches. So I at least made back my entry lol.

Also, Vegas has some godlike deals. At the flamingo, $2 Hamburger and fries after midnight. A few other places with like $5 steak and eggs after midnight. or $7 steak dinner (string beans and baked potato and they gave us unlimited sodas) all day. Every room I was in at Caesar's Palace had a jacuzzi and the place is HUUUGE.

Also every block had at least 10 mexicans handing out stripper cards. **** is like $35 for one, and then two for $75 who will work together ($5 more though :/)

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8223869
at around 01:20:30 is when I get on.
it don't count as much because you're also Japanese! But good ****!

Reioumu

Smash Lord
BBCS is better than BBCT (not hard to do) but it's getting there. I'm going to get it. Press is going to try to promote it at Xanadu monthly tournaments in Baltimore and hopefully we can get a scene that lasts more than a month this time. The game still could use some more changes, but it's definitely changed for the better. I played the console at EVO and beat quite a few people. Also won the round whenever I did FuRinKaZan, including against LK.

Also, they were selling these like 3 foot cups which had patrón and margarita mix for like $56. I bummed some off a friend. **** was good, but not $56 good.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
seb has finally accepted that hes kermit ever since that shirt i bought him that was a kermit shirt he hasnt refused once that he isnt kermit
Until the day comes where I get a tattoo of his face on my chest where my eyes are the nipples of kermit than I will always refuse that I am him.

should i buy blazblue CS

i ask mainly rei lol
I don't think I'll be getting it, although you and I teaming in it still sounds great lol. Don't use Rachel tho, she's so bad.

Laijin

Smash Hero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvjpc8vBm3s
Woow that commentator was so biased. Plus he was annoying since he spoke random japanese. What a weaboo =\

BBCS is better than BBCT (not hard to do) but it's getting there. I'm going to get it. Press is going to try to promote it at Xanadu monthly tournaments in Baltimore and hopefully we can get a scene that lasts more than a month this time. The game still could use some more changes, but it's definitely changed for the better. I played the console at EVO and beat quite a few people. Also won the round whenever I did FuRinKaZan, including against LK.

Also, they were selling these like 3 foot cups which had patrón and margarita mix for like $56. I bummed some off a friend. **** was good, but not $56 good.
Yea I'm probably gonna get BBCS. Hopefully they improve online gameplay. I'm probably gonna use Bang. That dude is top tier so I hear. I also hear Lambda is more broken than Nu and Tager is pretty good as well. Besides Litchi, everyone I didn't list in the last few sentences kinda suck now from what I hear.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
eww tier whoring. I play Bang just because I'm sticking with him from BBCT when he was the 3rd worst character. That and I like to troll with FRKZ combos that deal 6k+.

Lambda is by far no where near as gay as Nu... Whoever told you that is very misinformed. Lambda can't run away nearly as well nor lock down enemies as well as Nu. Her 5DD can't be jump canceled, she can't cancel into run away dash, she doesn't get 4DD after 5DD anymore, nor is 236D nearly as good. 2C also got a huge nerf. What they gave her is real combos, with good damage, but she has to get in to do them. That and also 6A j.214D corner loops which I would deal with over Nu anyday.

Tiers are looking like this.

S: Litchi, Bang, Ragna
A: Hakumen, Carl, Arakune
B: Hazama Jin, Lambda
C: Noel, Tsubaki, Tager
D: Rachel

???: Mu, Makoto Valkenhayn

Litch is actually good enough to have her own tier. She's definitely top of top. There are going to be a million new Bangs (tier whores :() so yeah... Instead of fighting Nu online, now you're going to be fighting Bang all the time.

Laijin

Smash Hero
eww tier whoring. I play Bang just because I'm sticking with him from BBCT when he was the 3rd worst character. That and I like to troll with FRKZ combos that deal 6k+.

Lambda is by far no where near as gay as Nu... Whoever told you that is very misinformed. Lambda can't run away nearly as well nor lock down enemies as well as Nu. Her 5DD can't be jump canceled, she can't cancel into run away dash, she doesn't get 4DD after 5DD anymore, nor is 236D nearly as good. 2C also got a huge nerf. What they gave her is real combos, with good damage, but she has to get in to do them. That and also 6A j.214D corner loops which I would deal with over Nu anyday.

Tiers are looking like this.

S: Litchi, Bang, Ragna
A: Hakumen, Carl, Arakune
B: Hazama Jin, Lambda
C: Noel, Tsubaki, Tager
D: Rachel

???: Mu, Makoto Valkenhayn
I didn't used to Tier *****. But maaaan. Playing Young Link for like 5 years really makes you look at things differently bro. :O
Guess I'll probably be playing Litchi because Bang is a pretty ****ing annoying character now that I think about it and Litchi has huge breasts.

Valkenhayn looks interesting. I hope he plays like Slayer.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
I'm heading to sterling tomorrow for melty and board games.

Also, Ragna is good. He's pretty much the same as in CT, but instead he has berial edge to continue his combos with. Pretty much after one combo, he can do an RC'd DP if he gets knocked down. Ragna is pretty **** good, I also alt him as well as Hazama.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Alex and I talking about DJ and APEX last friday

Rei: did he register for APEX?
lightxdream: id refund him
lightxdream: lo
lightxdream: think i care?
Rei: Nah it would be bad by my standards to call him out RIGHT after PMing him
Rei: I'll give him 3 days to respond
lightxdream: no
lightxdream: f that
Rei: I was thinking of just posting a topic in general tourney area just posting his list of debts that I've gathered
lightxdream: go for it
I'll ask him directly again next time, but he said that he would refund him.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
my thing was that I am worried no one will come to apex...I do not feel like plank where I can snap my fingers and things happen....bottom line I am insecure....the thing is though that Rei is my friend and sometimes it is more about the friends than a silly tournament...Id do anything for these guys.

sorry for taking so long toasty.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Edited my previous post.

Though from reading your posts in the other thread, it seems like you've still afforded him a gray area in which he can sit pretty, go to Apex, and still be deep in debt.

I don't think he should be allowed any levity in the situation given how much he has already received since this all became public almost 6 months ago.

He's made the same tired speeches and posts before..."I'm gonna turn my life around...I'm gonna fix my priorities...I'm not gonna go to tourneys anymore...I won't be playing Smash much anymore"

He'll say whatever it takes to get by and to not be bothered about it.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Yeah, he's never worried about it because he knows people will just let him stay and even play casuals. I honestly think a ban from the venue would be a good wakeup call for DJN. I'm pretty sure if people knew the shady stuff that is going on, they wouldn't be able to argue against why DJN should be banned.

Top Bottom