• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Frog: Thumbswayup is Muppet king

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Splode - Death Note? Yeah, I don't really like the dub from what I've seen.

@ EE - when I was at the movies, I seriously considered watching AVPR after I saw the great Debaters, but decided I didn't want to be at the theatre for like six hours.

thumbs - I thought about seeing that as well...decisions, decisions....

thumbswayup

Smash Master
whoa WHOA dont you dare see AVP the first one was godawful.

and wtf btree you watched the DUB of Death Note?!!?!? are you insane man every ****ing dub of any anime has sucked balls. that said, Death Note is amazing for the first 25 eps. the last 12 nearly ruin the entire show.

I am Legend all the way. dont even think about it. go see that **** ASAP, ESPECIALLY if you like thrillers. seriously, one of the scariest and kickass movies i've ever seen.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Thumbs - Well, I watched a couple of eps cause it was on the tv. >_> But not all dubs suck, there are plenty of good ones. Gundam Wing's dub was the ****, it was one of the best I can remember. And I'll go watch Legend soon. >___>

Blues - Welcome back!

Eplox88

Smash Journeyman
Welcome Back sir Blues

@ EE - when I was at the movies, I seriously considered watching AVPR after I saw the great Debaters, but decided I didn't want to be at the theatre for like six hours.
man up!

whoa WHOA dont you dare see AVP the first one was godawful.

and wtf btree you watched the DUB of Death Note?!!?!? are you insane man every ****ing dub of any anime has sucked balls. that said, Death Note is amazing for the first 25 eps. the last 12 nearly ruin the entire show.

I am Legend all the way. dont even think about it. go see that **** ASAP, ESPECIALLY if you like thrillers. seriously, one of the scariest and kickass movies i've ever seen.
nah I heard it was great

and shut your mouth, DBZ and YYH were done great

I will see that too

Frozen

Smash Lord
Thumbs you're crazy, I rather enjoyed the first AVP.

And not every DUB on an anime has sucked....I definitely prefer the dubbed FMA over its un-dubbed brethren. Although I can agree 90%+ of the time that isn't the case.

And the last 12 episodes weren't so bad....they set up for a rather interesting ending. Then again, it's all opinion I suppose.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
frozen the death note ending was terrible. i dont want to give it away but that last bit with near and light "but i KNEW you knew i knew i switched the blank blank" oh god i wanted to put an axe through the tv.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
hmm...if frozen hadnt cancelled, i would have showed up. it just so happened this was one of the few days i could use my folks car. also thumbswayup was about to bring a lot of people. so dont cancel next time. even a mini-fest is better than no fest

Frozen

Smash Lord
hmm...if frozen hadnt cancelled, i would have showed up. it just so happened this was one of the few days i could use my folks car. also thumbswayup was about to bring a lot of people. so dont cancel next time. even a mini-fest is better than no fest
Well tell me you planned on coming then. The reason I cancelled was because no one told me.

This isn't the UMBC gameroom, this is my house. People live there, and they'd like to know if people like you are coming.

Yeah, people like you....people like black people. Yeah, I ****ing said it....

So anyway, if you plan to come to a little smashfest at my house this thursday, pm me for my address.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
is the UMBC game roomed closed or something?
I'm pretty sure it's closed until January 28.

Anime dubs are typically not as good (in many cases they're awful) as the original voice acting. The original voice actors just put more emotion into it. I have watched the following anime shows:

Robotech: Super Dimension Fortress Macross (Choujikuu Yousai Macross, my all-time fav anime), Masters (Choujikuu Kidan Southern Cross), and Invid Invasion (Kikou Soseiki Mospeada), Macross - Do You Remember Love (Choujikuu Yousai Macross - Ai Oboete Imasu ka), Macross Zero, Macross 7, Macross Dynamite 7, Macross Plus OVA, Macross Plus Movie, Macross II: Lover's Again, SDF Macross Flashback - 2012, Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles, Elfen Lied, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist (Hagane no Renkinjutsushi), Gundam SEED, Gundam Wing (Shin Kidou Senki Gundam W), DBZ, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (Koukaku Kidoutai), Neon Genesis Evangelion (Shinseiki Evangelion), Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Berserk (Kenpuu Denki Berserk), Cowboy Bebop, Hajime no Ippo, Last EXILE, Chobits, Full Moon wo Saga****e, Full Metal Panic!, FMP: Fumoffu, FMP: Second Raid, Rurouni Kenshin - Reminiscence, Rurouni Kenshin (TV), Great Teacher Onizuka, Chrno Crusade, Scrapped Princess, Hellsing, Samurai Champloo, Appleseed, Golden Boy, One Piece, Bleach, Death Note, Fate-Stay Night, Hikaru no Go, Yu Yu Hakusho, 12 Kingdoms, Conclave Gundam 00, Hunter x Hunter TV + OVA1-3, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Trigun, Gungrave, Monster

I watched all but Hellsing in Japanese with English subtitles. I actually thought the English dub was better for that show. However, I prefer Japanese over English, and I thought the English dub was worse than the Japanese for every other series. Yes, I even preferred Goku/Gohan's girl voice over English grunting.

AVP sucked? I was too young when I watched it to tell.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
holy **** the naruto manga is so sad for me WIll he DIE !! >< hopefully not if you do know what im talking about dont spoil it for anyone else

Eplox88

Smash Journeyman
If you are talking about Pein v/s Jiriya then I wont say anything though you might be surprised at what happens >.>

Eplox88

Smash Journeyman
Oh Itachi v/s Sasuke lol, well the *** version is not out so it cant be scanned into english yet, kinda sucks =/

Ghostype

Smash Champion
UMBC - AVP is only a few years old, AVPR just came out. The original movies were Alien, and Predator.

Hova - can you teach me how to tech chase? It's not working too well with Samus. >_>

Frozen

Smash Lord
UMBC - AVP is only a few years old, AVPR just came out. The original movies were Alien, and Predator.

Hova - can you teach me how to tech chase? It's not working too well with Samus. >_>
Ron if you ever tech chase me with Samus I think i'll just off myself right there.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
Yo HAT or Frozen hit me up for some friendlies. I'm bored during winter break and I need some smash.

Edit: Or anyone in the area hit me up, I'm not that well known around here yet but I'm dying to play somebody :). My AIM and Phone # are in my profile, you can use those or PM me anytime.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
I'm out for the semester right now. I live in Millersville, it's like a 20 minute drive from UMBC so I'm still pretty close. I commute so I'm never actually at UMBC except for classes (and smashfests).

Edit: You in Baltimore?

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Oh, well if I had a car I'd come smash with you Maben. >_>

Okin - lol you seem so black when you post, but it's merely a lie.

Top Bottom