• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the balloon in smashville...

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Is there sum weird reason why people, ( even in tourney matches) go out of their way to hit the balloon and sumtimes dont make it back to the stage. Does the balloon hold sum hidden power?!?!? Or is it just an inside joke?

Liovidal007

Smash Cadet
Thing is, the balloon is just floating by, staring you down and mocking both you and your opponent at the same time. you cant let that happen so you must end its life with a manly move.

Plus, after 15,000,000 hits, you unlock Leonidas, and a purple storm trooper.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Hitting the balloon refreshes one move.
On a serious note,
MY BALLOON!!!

JCav

Smash Lord
i always try to hit the balloon in the most technical way possible, it helps me sleep at night

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
i pop the balloon cuz it reminds me of yer moms cherry

mmmmmmm

Uffe

Smash Hero
I did this long before I knew someone in a tourney was doing this. Only because it reminds me of the good times playing Animal Crossing.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I do it because I need that piece of furniture to add to my catalogue, then sell it to Nook for money to pay off my mortgage before nook breaks my legs. (I'm terrified to play AC:GC in case he does so for not getting a payment in 4 years.)

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
To be serious... the balloon in Smashville always carries a Food item if they're on. Hitting it also counts toward your stale/fresh move list.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
because it will let us tourney players use the advance techniques that were present in Melee.

but seriously, it's really nothing that special, just a food item.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Pop it simply because you can. I will abandon my opponent, even in mid 'combo', and even in tournament, to pop it, leaping off the stage if necessary.

I've got a phantom hit on the baloon with D3's Bair saved somewhere, if only I knew where...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The balloon is like an unofficial mascot as far as stage components now.
Like Randall the Cloud in Melee's Yoshi's Story.

Sometimes when I want to lighten up the mood, I'll abandon my opponent to pop it.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Because being in a heated down-to-the-wire battle then running away to hit the balloon is a SERIOUS mindgame.

But no seriously, it's just fun to hit.

makoberryblue

Smash Rookie
LOL i love popping that balloon. It serves as a taunt- mocking your opponents as you leap after the balloon in the heat of battle. Shows you don't take them seriously.

Koji123

Smash Cadet
I was actually on my way to another thread when I glanced at this one and I thought "OH MY GOD I MUST ADD TO THIS THREAD!" So here I am... and to be honest now that I'm here I have no idea what to say. >.> Awkward...

Koji123

Smash Cadet
Oh but of course! Just because I didn't know what to add to this thread doesn't I can't let everyone know that I had nothing to add. In doing so I do add something to the thread although not relevant to the OP. =P You know it's easier if I just say I'm an idiot, cut my loses, and move on:laugh:

Top Bottom