• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Obviously they'd prefer "slow-noob" over slowking.

ZOOOOOOMG

1000th POST!​

I dedicate this to the good men who've lost their lives fighting against foxes!

You'll live on in our hearts and controllers.
Yes we need to Record the $20 me vs u manuel. And yes also to the Slownoob vs whatever u said cuz you guys are gunna get OWNED by 'slow noobs'. :laugh:

ooo u guys cood be slowking like the pokemon!!!! lol
aw hell ya! :cool:

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
lol I saw the huge title of the thread and that totally reminded me to edit that out. It is almost time guys, my exams are finished, things are looking up for me. If I go I might go with Chris (Peanut Reactor), we do live so incredibly close it is not funny. New team of Slownoob? HAHAH that is pretty hillarious actually. Ryan's idea of Slowking is pretty funny too. What is up with Robbie and Manuel's team name though, where did the sis come from?

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Lol, I have such a TERRIBLE experience with Ladner. Okay guys, story time.

*As a movie announcer: *

In a world, full of highways of despair (On the highway)
2 brave Men venture out (me and dave decide to drive)
To quench their ultimate passion (to smash at Adam's)
But they are met with challenges from every side (lots of traffic)
Until they were led astray (we went too far and passed Steveston)

NOTHING could ever prepare them (We were like wtf?)
For what awaited them... in Ladner (How the hell did we end up here?)
Fruitless encounters of winding roads (We got lost)
Yielded only visions of fruit advertising (There was this odd gay pride sign)

And now i've decided that this was too time consuming. So basically we just went in a circle for a million years before getting back on the highway and picking up adam from work. Then we smashed for like 45 minutes and had to drive home again. =)

I look forward to getting owned, Adam and Tony.

"manesis" comes from manli and "genesis" which is Robbie. We could settle with "mangina" as well.

Oh yeah, I was wondering. could someone teach me to get better?

AIDS

Smash Lord
good turny everyone i hope to see the results all posted soon enough i had a fun time in teams esspecally, good games eggz, you took me out in singles and doubles:p and great job forward it was awsome to play you, congrats on winning the turny

Genesis FTW

Smash Apprentice
Results from disjointed brakcets:

Singles:

1st: Forward
2nd: Silent Wolf
3rd: Manli
4th: Jumpfreak
T5th: Genesis
T5th: Tori

Doubles:

1st: Forward + John
2nd: Silent Wolf + Tori
3rd: Eric + Adam

Forward winning everything....no way!

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
We really should mention to everyone that the random 1v1 bracket was EXTREMELY unbalanced to the point where many of both Washington's and BC's top players were elminated in the first 2 or 3 rounds.

I'm so choked nobody bothered to record ANYTHING. -_-

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
We really should mention to everyone that the random 1v1 bracket was EXTREMELY unbalanced to the point where many of both Washington's and BC's top players were elminated in the first 2 or 3 rounds.

I'm so choked nobody bothered to record ANYTHING. -_-

Priorities for next tournament:

1. RECORDING. I am going to go get my old crappy camera fixed, and I will record the next time I go. I know I will have people's support because they know I can get the job done. So just to let you know, I hope to get my camera repaired and expect recording when it is done.

2. Whoever is hosting, please take control. Evan this isn't really an attack against you, but if you are hosting then don't have forward do the work. Adam I know didn't want to get involved, he just wanted to enter and play, yet I heard him screaming out matches that should be taking place. The program tournament maker will help out a lot, if anything goes down again, try using that program.

3. Nobody leaves their stuff behind. Somebody left a sweater behind at SFU. I think it wasn't picked up at the end, but I left a bit earlier than some people. Remember to grab all of your belongings!

Just to comment. Brackets were pretty harsh lol. But it was nice of forward to set it up, and nobody did anything else, so forward stepped it up by helping out A LOT.

UltimaSmash

Smash Cadet
That sweater's mine... seriously. I contacted Evan and he said he had it so I'm so relieved... I'M SINCERELY SO SORRY ABOUT THAT!! It won't ever happen again, ****it it was feeling cold that morning I thought I'd need it.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
dont worry, i recorded a lot with forward today and have the means to get it up, but i still need a vcr to get lots of the wa vs forward friendlie *sigh* oh well

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
Hey Kyle,

When should we get team TipperBlack going? I liked that team. Did us some good in the last tourney we went to actually, despite having to play against some amazing teams. Also, I should be on the lookout for someone I'm good to team with. I've had alot of compatability issues with my last few team-mates. anyone who's willing to give it a shot, just tell me eh?

Anyway, I should probably crawl back into whatever rock I came outta, afterall your all thinking "what rock did this crazy stranger crawl outta?"

*crawls into the rock he came outta*

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
Well it is just one tournament...adult fares are 20$ all together walk on is less, the location is right by the ferries; not even 15 minutes..plus cmon..i mean you all have at least $40 to spare....we have to spend about that much everytime we go to greater vancouver.../sob

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Well it is just one tournament...adult fares are 20$ all together walk on is less, the location is right by the ferries; not even 15 minutes..plus cmon..i mean you all have at least $40 to spare....we have to spend about that much everytime we go to greater vancouver.../sob
Unless you guys have some amazing smashers over there or something nobody will come.

It just how it works in this community, truth. :(

Patooty

Smash Ace
i might go depending on how much it'll cost, and if i can have the other side of the bracket from my brother (who's ticket/entry fee i would be paying for..) I just want to know that there will be proper seeding.

AIDS

Smash Lord
well thats kind of true but we have a ssbm population of like 40 ppl over here in vancouver, plus all the people from the states and over provinces. at the same time there are only 4 on the island. so we loose less money by far if you come here.

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
6 or 7 in victoria, upper island...???

-Edit- Im not entirely sure how to seed and make brackets and what not...if theres a program that could do it for me, that would be awesome, otherwise id ask someone who knows how to do this to come a day earlier and stay over at my place or something...

And @Robbie: unforunately we dont have any spectacular players like Ka-Master, Gimpy, forward or any of the top notch BC players on vancouver island...but its still a smash tournament....
@ the general crowd: Id like to have fun with other people withought having to pay $60 to play on the mainland(that speaks not only for me, but for Hilary, Shermantor, Kurtis, perhaps Howard and the rest of the Vancouver island players) for the next 3 months, also with the note that it will be nearly impossible for me to obtain skill and experience, which would allow me to play evenly with the top of BC, hence allowing me to "profit" from the travel and tournament
@AIDS: Since when is there a "we" in the financial part of participating in tournaments? Last time i checked theres no banking account for the BC smashers, and its not like all the players get compensated for their gas and other fees. Everybody loses money if they dont get a 1st,2nd, or 3rd place or if they dont win a **** load of mms. If I, if not the 4 of us had been playing smash as long as some of you, im pretty sure all of our fees summed up would equal if not exceed how much money was used by the rest of you to travel to a tournament in the Vancouver-Kelowna area. Im registering for a BC tournament, if I wanted to other provinces to come, id make it a Canada tournament. The only exception to this is if acknowledged player would like to come.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Aww, guys, don't be noobs.

I'd go. =) Whether or not you guys are noobs, whether or not I'd have to take out John in my first bracket (RUNZ AWAY FROM JOHN WHO IS A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN ME) .

How well planned are things? I mean, we would have to Ferry quite early, and leave by.. 6 was it?

Is there any sort of group rate on Ferries? What weekend were you planning? Details, sir!

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Priorities for next tournament:

1. RECORDING. I am going to go get my old crappy camera fixed, and I will record the next time I go. I know I will have people's support because they know I can get the job done. So just to let you know, I hope to get my camera repaired and expect recording when it is done.
I really cant wait. Im getting tired of matches not getting put up.
Its dissappointing that only like 2-3 people saw doubles finals. And Finals were not recorded.

One thing that was stupid IMO was... Keith... your brought 2 VCR's and you only took them out during the Semi Finals of Singles which is like 3 matches left. You should have hooked them up and plugged them in as you got there.

Also you have this 1 VCR that when it finishes rewinding that the power turns off... Dont use that one please. Forward and Silent were doing the Final set and the VCR turned off because it finished rewinding and then as it turned off you see the white noise screen on the TV.

I have also yet to see any matches of when Carl was here.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Hi guys,
I checked the giant picture in the first post, but I'm a geography noob. Does anyone live in or around Campbell River?

Kuriko

Smash Apprentice
I found this thread! Umm... to add to the "discussion," I think a Victoria tourney would be cool, but there really are just more people on the mainland, so I can see why wouldn't make as much sense to have one there. You guys didn't have to put it so bluntly though *cough*roby*cough*

@Gimpyfish: Your Bowser is awesome! I've seen vids of you before, but I had no idea he could be so good... it's scary. I was the Samus btw. You asked when we were playing that one time.

EDIT: I live in Courtenay. Pretty close to Campbell River.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
yeah your samus was surprisingly good actually you need to work on consistency and mix it up a little, stay a little safer with your spacing, but you had the basics down really well, keep it up mate i saw potential.

*thumbs up to kuriko*

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I'm flyin' there in sometime at the begining of Augest to visit relatives. Think maybe you or others would have free time? (I'm just throwin this out there, I'm not even sure how I'm gonna get around yet. It's good to think ahead though, right =]?)

Kuriko

Smash Apprentice
That'd be cool, though there aren't really any other people in the area that play. But yeah, if you wanted to get together, I'm all for it.

Top Bottom