• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
Marth destroys Kirby and G&W, but don't tell Manli. Airo, I suggest you just get so crazy good with Mewtwo that it doesn't matter.

Gimpy, will you be playing the Boozer in singles, or is there some other random character that you do serious competition with?

booshk

Smash Lord
Does Anyone Know Where Eric Is? If U Do Please Say So And Then Tell Me Where He Is/give Me Phione Number Of Where He Is

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
airo i've seriously ***** you every time we've played. You gotta work on killing teh marths. I hit you too much on your recovery.. you're friggin mewtwo =P .

and play my fox next time then. anyone bussing near burnaby tomorrow?

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
Marth counters Pikachu, too . . . But I still manage to beat quite a few good Marths.

And Gimpy is probably going all Bowser . . . He does that sometimes (always).

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
good first tournament for me today.
got to meet a few of you i guess
team purple lost every match... but we'll be back and better than ever =P

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
WRONG!

Singles
1st - S-Royal
2nd - Sastopher
3rd - Eric
4th - DeriLink
6th - John
6th - Ryan
8th - Bladewise
8th - Blair

Teams
1st - Sastopher + Blair
2nd - Japanada (John + S-Royal)
3rd - Bladewise + DeriLink
4th - Crep (Tiep + Ryan)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'm at adam's place, i dunno if anything is even going on today as far as smash goes, we are leaving and should be at the train station at 5:30 so who knows

Metà

Smash Master
Lol, someone negrepped me in this page. "How many frames does it take for you to shut up?!"
That's hilarious. I guess someone's jealous of my massive knowledge of frame data, haha. Anyway, it was probably Link or someone. Btw, Gimpy, I will send you pictures of Bowser's edge-grab reach. I don't mean to insult your knowledge of Boozer, but I have examined him through and through with develop mode in debug menu. Anyway, I'm sorry if I pissed anyone off with what ranting and raving and all, but thank you to everyone who attended the tourney yesterday. And thank you Gimpy for making me reconsider my main, lol.

AIDS

Smash Lord
if therer is a smash fest i dunno if i can go but i would definitly like to, if there is can someone pls call me or call manuel and ask him to call me

good games everyone
goodbye S royal it was great to have you here and congrats on winning singles

nice job in teams john, im surprised u both combined didnt make it but then again sas and blair are pretty good

evan good playing you and ill try to smash with you another time maybe more crewsand ty + ur mom for allowing us to use SFU, it took me like almost an hour to find the room its huge!

tiep good matches now with that dolla you dont hafto budget urself

ROBY! im disapointed in you! i expected you to get better, and now i come back to 3 stocking you average:( lol still pretty fun matches keep practissing <3

ryan we never got to play anything, but then again if we did im sure ud do ur usual sandbaggin

gimpy, good to see u again, feel free to come back to canada eh, nice bowser eh, come back soon eh?

blair good fox matches, good job on winnning teams

Sastopher, pretty nice guy it was nice to have u over i never got to play u in any way but maybe next time and same with you, grats on winning teams and 2nd in singles

darilink > . > i hated the fact to face you first round but i normaly hafto face someone like that first round, like my first turnament i had to face eric first round, but sick link btw it was still fun facing you, i was nervous to lol

manuel fun games as usual we shall play again at school im sure

robbie same for you close matches good set

james it seems u can beat my fox but not my falco during the falco dittos we had lol somthing i think u should work on is falco dittos, but still good job in crews u managed to beat my samus:p

toby man sorry u couldnt come, play you soon:)

sean im sure u got a lot of experiance and im happy u didnt go away feeling so put down this time, these people are amazing and you took it well and improved

kyle nice work on improving ur samus plus u know what u gotta work on, good job in singles u took out roby:p close match's but still sucess

matt good job in crews...besides dieing at 0% from an edge hog lol nice C falcon though, keep it up!

rust, good ice climbers battle...GAY i shoulda had it but o wells u won fair and square, still close game

edin you have a lot to work on and i hope you had fun on this turnament

sorry to any1 i forgot, good times every! see u all again soon

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Keith your always facing someone good because in the tournament its always "Pros" vs "Noobs" in the first round. It saves the best match for last and never will have it right off at the beginnning

Evan... No one and I mean no one would be jealous of your knowledge on frames because only you and M2K are the only one who cares about frame rates about all the characters.
I don't think you should tell Gimpy how to play bowser or things about bowser because I think he knows bowser more then you do. It kinda annoyed me when you were talking to Gimpy and telling him things like "Bowser's down air has more range behind him."
Oh and please stop talking about AR. No one cares about AR.

But I will say thanks for getting the room. And thanks to you mom who got us food and drinks. Thanks to Adam and Sastopher who were pretty much the host organizing the brackets.

EDIT: Crap this is John. I didn't know I was still logged on to Gimpy's account.

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
haha it would have made sense if gimpy posted that except for the edit at the end.
and you wasted his 2838th post haha =P

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Chris... all I have to say is... Calm down! lol Derilink is to cool. Sorry if I was mean Evan but telling people how to play their mains is kinda stupid idea and will make them think your weird and not like you. Just an advice for next time.
Like if you told me how to play peach or about he I would be annoyed.

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
ok now that im calm =P
thx evan for getting room and thank your mom for working so hard even though i didnt buy food
thanks adam and sastopher for organizing that stuff...
and it was fun playing you adam/andy in singles -- adam did you go easy on me? =C
and it was a good experience playing you manuel/spite(name?) and evan/evan's partner(name?)
and i realize this kind of environment isnt too good for meeting people.. so i should probably attend some smashfests

is andy supsup from that crew battle video i saw?

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
if therer is a smash fest i dunno if i can go but i would definitly like to, if there is can someone pls call me or call manuel and ask him to call me

sean im sure u got a lot of experiance and im happy u didnt go away feeling so put down this time, these people are amazing and you took it well and improved

kyle nice work on improving ur samus plus u know what u gotta work on, good job in singles u took out roby:p close match's but still sucess
Just wanted to note somethin quick, Kyle took out Roby, then the very next matchup, I finished him *Grins* I'm pretty glad, too. If Roby won against Kyle, I would have ended up Fighting my cousin, and thats just not cool in tournament.... for me anyway :p

Chris... all I have to say is... Calm down! lol Derilink is to cool. Sorry if I was mean Evan but telling people how to play their mains is kinda stupid idea and will make them think your weird and not like you. Just an advice for next time.
Like if you told me how to play peach or about he I would be annoyed.
Hitsu, while this may bother some, I find it beneficial to put aside one's pride for a moment, and listen to what others have to say about one's main. The one thing I am certain of, is that you can never stop learning. And besides, if it is a pile of crap, you can then judge it as such after listening, and proceed to correct whoever just said it.

Evan, Diggin the ninja Jiggs. Loved the show of sheer pride durring that friendlymatch with S-Royal! Lol "Puff! Puff! Puff! Puff!" Gotta love that SideB. Defiant!!!

S-Royal, and Sas... Great Performance at the end! Epic! Appocolypic! I was surprised Sas Lost that one, But hey, S-Royal really earned the win there. Good job to both of you, hope to see you both next tourney.

If I am lucky (Which I am not for this sort of thing) I wont get taken to the losers bracket first round by a space animal. heh. Whoever that was though, nice fox. you were clearly bored though, but whatev, you helped me work on my smash DI lol.

GimpyFish. Aww man! I am so sorry for doubting the playability of Bowser! NEver again shall I judge a man by the tier of his character! I should have learned that lesson the first time I played Airo, a very cool Mewtwo player, and I swear i will give you a more entertaining matchup next-time. yup-yup. Oh, just so you know, that was my first MM. Evar!

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace

Andy = Andrew = supsup
$pite = Frank
Evan's partner = I dunno lol Nathan?

SpiN its not really about pride. If someone who didn't play Peach at all and was a random person comes up to me and start telling me info about Peach and talking about... "You know its better to do 'this move' instead of 'that move' because I have tested it in AR before." I wouldn't like the guy much trying to tell me how to play Peach just because he did it in AR. AR doesn't mean anything in a real tournament match.

S-Royal will not be at our next tournament and possible never be at one again because he went back to Japan.

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
cool i thought so... he looked like the pic and i saw that he was going to the tournament
also that was a lot of pretzels
and... your advice versus him worked... i could tell he was obviously better than me but it helped to allow me to survive much longer in the first match =D
run awayyy

Metà

Smash Master
I was not telling anyone how to play their mains. When Gimpy said something about Bowser's reach that I knew was wrong, I felt the need to correct him, even though it was unnecessary. There is always so much to be learned, even if you're the best with a certain character. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm just obsessed about every little detail in the game. I can never have enough knowledge about a given subject. I'm like this about music too, you would hate to be in my school band with me.

AIDS

Smash Lord
guys im asking could you pls stop neg repping me, i have done nothing rong and i never neg repped anyone so could u pls stop its kind of enoying to be neg repped and especally for no reson

Top Bottom