• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Smash Apprentice
Hey hey, dunno who will see this BUT I REALLY REALLY have been looking to play lately with little to no luck. If you know someone who is in the Surrey/White Rock area, or even like 20/30km out let me know. I'm on the facebook group (Aaron Deas) and really really am looking for someone who I can play with fairly often, if there's anyone in the area. THANKS!

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
We're helping organize it and would want nothing more than top players to drool over the pot bonus.

I'll be working on advertising very very soon

also tell your friends! :p

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
We're helping organize it and would want nothing more than top players to drool over the pot bonus.

I'll be working on advertising very very soon

also tell your friends! :p
Oh sweet so they got smashers to help out. Alright, I told juggleguy about it and he said he'd talk about it on miom when the thread was made. Sounds cool, I want to see more Canadian-American destruction.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I've been looking at the EVO pools a lot and I think BC has a lot of really rough brackets.

Eric has Armada, which would be amazing to win, but the potential Losers' bracket after pools is pretty nice. If you can't beat Armada, you'll most likely have Bimbo first (rising Falco player from Mexico you can probably beat), and then Juggleguy, the Falcon TO. Once at QFs though, there are 2 Byes (EVO's bracket is ****ed up and you either get 2 Byes or 2 Players, lol) followed by facing Stric9, which I think won't be a problem and that already guarantees 33rd, and then most likely is one of Amsa (really good Japanese Yoshi) or Smashmac. After that is most likely Silent Wolf, Zhu, or Silentspectre and it gets hard to predict after that. But I'm pretty sure you will place 25th at worst.

Adam has Mango since Mr.Wizard is scared of Browntown, but there's also Crush and Crimsonblur. Shouldn't be too bad, but Crush plays a bunch of characters including Fox, Falco, Marth, Falcon, and Crimson has a pretty good Marth. I'm pretty sure you'll win against them. In Losers' QFs though, you don't get the double bye and have the loser of Swedish Delight or Yakal (which sucks), and then probably Phish-it, maybe Swiftbass. Swedish Delight is a really good Sheik though and he even beat Hax recently, so be ready for that, and following that it just gets crazy hard with one of SFAT, HMW, or Taj.

Yakal has all of the above if Swedish Delight wins, but if you beat him, you'll have Mango immediately in QFs, and if you end up in Losers', you get a Bye, and then one of Strong Bad, Hyprid, D1, Tai, or Hyuga. It's kind of hard to say, but I'm pretty sure it'll be one of Strong Bad or Tai, and after that is the loser of Leffen and Jman, which is kind of rough.

Dazrin is going to have to get through one of Kels or PP to make it to QFs which is a really hard pool, and there's just no one else to take them out for you. Kels is super campy though, so maybe you can figure out some hole in his playstyle or something, idk. Even if you beat him, you end up with a crappy bracket in QFs. =(

Evan has one of the tougher pools, but I think it's very feasible. Nicknyte's a Luigi from AZ who's pretty good, but shouldn't be too bad to beat, and then next is Tang. He seems like a fairly basic Fox; not super technical, but very solid and consistent. I think BC has better Foxes, so I definitely think you can beat him. If you get through him, Laijin is next who plays Sheik, but he's not too too good, and should be a win, and then finally is Bizzaro who has a pretty good Ganon. It's really hard to say what will happen, but in the case you lose to Tang, I'm pretty sure he'll take out Bizzaro, so you don't need to worry about facing him twice, though you'll still need to go through Bizzaro yourself as well as Laijin and possibly Nicknyte again.

If you get through your pool while still in Winners', you'll have Hax in QFs, followed by Lovage or Kou most likely. If you lose to Hax, you'll probably have Cyrain, then one of Smashmac/Amsa, and then most likely Fly Amanita. If you finish your pool in Losers', instead you miss out on the double Byes, and most likely face ThePrime, then Zoso, and then Kou or Lovage.

Nathan has HBox round 2 (lol, BC vs all the top players wtf), but he does have an ICs problem it seems. He kind of destroyed Fly Amanita awhile ago, but he also almost lost to Nintendude just recently at Zenith, so idk. Wobbling legal helps. If you can't beat him, Baka is probably the next good player you'll have to face, who plays Peach, but idk how good you are vs her or if you have a secondary for her. There's also Mackadotious, a Falco, and Falcomist who plays Marth these days. It's just a really tough pool. What is nice though is if you get through it with 2nd, your first opponent in QFs is from an easy pool, then is one of Mogwai/L/Choknater/HugQ, all of which I think you can take out, and then you get another random from an easy pool. After that it gets pretty tough and is looking to be one of Lucky, Bladewise, or Axe.

Mike had an easy pool, but recently had Silent Wolf added into it. Your first hard match is either Simna the oldschool Ness (lol), or more likely Aisight who plays Sheik and Peach, who I think won't beat you. But I think you definitely have it in you to beat Silent Wolf after watching Overture, you just gotta play your best and keep your momentum going. If you do beat him, you have Shiz in QFs followed by Ice, but if you end up in Losers' going into QFs, you've most likely got Khepri (decent Falcon), one of Ciz, Android (Swedish Sheik who's really good), or Redd (good Fox), and then it gets kind of hard to predict, but probably Pikachad would be next.

But yeah, I'm sure you guys already know all about your pools, and EVO's way more for the experience, hanging with all the players, and it's in Vegas! But just since I've been dabbling with the brackets a lot, I figured I'd give you guys a heads up on what's expected for your opponents.

tl;dr: Have fun and body people!

`dazrin

Smash Champion
step 1: fly out from bellingham instead of yvr
step 2: search for a cheap flight bli->las
step 3: ???
step 4: profit.

...I should mention that my ticket is one way, though. I'm driving down to socal with OkamiBW, Axe, Trihex and Fly after evo, so I don't need a roundtrip.

Sion

Island of Horizon
i remember someone had my controller, but i can't remember if i got it back or not

serious question, who has my controller

it's silver and ****

wire kinda torn off from the controller

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
i have one from forever ago that im pretty sure was yours

black tho

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
yaks mcquacksss

also shouts to the whole bc crew <3 you guys

t3h Icy

Smash Master
After EVO, it's hard not to want to play. :D I know BC uses the EXP Bar in Vancouver, but what do you guys do for smashfests? Anyone in or near New West?

booshk

Smash Lord
How did you guys all do at Evo? Sorry, I literally missed everything that happened, except who won.

Also, let's hype up that Canada Cup tourny!

Top Bottom