• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

booshk

Smash Lord
**** sion 17th mad good!!!! GOOD ****

AND john
it was the only time i was at AE, besides another year when they ran brawl i think. u didnt enter but u took care of things, and they did some sort of stupid pools ffa thing. and i remember ppl asking alex "hey man how do u slide" LOOOOL good stuff. and yeah u had to like 3v1 no team attack some scrubs and u dsetroyed them with ur peach i still remember, LOL. yeah and then i lost to troy lol
it was a bit after or a bit bfore u started pr, im not sure

Get@Will

Smash Champion
It's one thing to attack someone as a player, but it's a whole different story if you're gonna attack someone as a person.

Don't say anything if you're not gonna say something meaningful, G.I._Joe.

At least tell the truth in your posts. In no way is Stric a scrub, and in no way are you a slayer of any kind.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
It's one thing to attack someone as a player, but it's a whole different story if you're gonna attack someone as a person.

At least tell the truth in your posts. In no way is Stric a scrub, and in no way are you a slayer of any kind.
ouchies...

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry Get@will, it's all good. I just ignored him and just considered the fact that he's trollin' and really excited that Canada ***** at Rom

Violence

Smash Lord
edit2: it's okay, violence. i was honestly a bit skeptical about how far i'd actually get into the tournament. i was honestly expecting myself to get knocked out of r2 pools.
What's funny is that I expected you to do about as well as Darrell, which I thought would've been 2nd seeding out of R2 pools, and then 0-2 into 33rd.

But you guys both far exceeded what I expected, both of you guys winning both your pools and both of you getting into round of 17th. Definitely an excellent performance, good ****.

Bamesy: When I play with Brandon later this week, I'll probably hear a lot about how legit you two were and how great it is that I have a smash scene with good players to enjoy up in BC, and how he wants to visit sometime.

ReturnEra

Smash Rookie
wow everytime i come read wats on the boards i always see gi joes post and it makes me not want to be in the community seems to be a **** o_O congrtz to sion!!

after reading all your posts you really seem like an *******

ReturnEra

Smash Rookie
hey noobking ive seen your videos and you look realy good we should def play sometime haha no im not trying to feed the troll just i only come here once in awhile and its not cool seeing things like that

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
We be trolling EC all day. Mainly Tec0 since he wants to give us hardcore to the floor infractions for irl trollin.
It's not as cute as BC team trolling though.
But it lacks cuteness if you do it wrong.
Some people just do it wrong.
ReturnEra, ignore lists exist for a reason. ;P

We're leaving for home in like....4 hours? Then 8ish hours later we'll be landing.
BC getting 1UP'd in skills again. Stepping it up me thinks.

Stricnyn3, you're sexy <3

Sheik and Falco are horrible characters...
Haley is gay.

American housing + Canadian trolling = great weekend.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
michael you need to calm down on the boards bro. You're not allowed an alt account when you've already been banned so I can close your current account right now if I wanted to.

As long as you behave I'll allow you to keep it but otherwise I'll be closing it. =p

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
ANNOUNCEMENT

I will be hosting an invitational tournament where 8 players will compete for a bigger pot then normal and depending on how big it is in BC the pay out will be top 4 or if its bad top 3 as normal. 4 players has already been chosen to be in the top 8 (invited) and the remaining 4 slots will be decided by 2 tournaments. The top 2 contenders of BOTH tournaments will qualify for the other 4 slots. Of course the people who have been invited are not able to participate in the qualifying rounds and the 2 winners of the first tournament is not allowed to compete again for the 2nd qualifyer. So basically if you make it into winners finals you have a spot and if you win in losers final you also get a spot.

This not only makes the pot bigger but it also let players have a second chance for redemption if they failed to qualify the first time around. This is basically adding 2 tournament pots in 1.

The problem. I don't have a venue to do this and have been wanting to do this tournament at the next Hustle. Of course people who have been invited want to join so either we can somehow do Doubles/Singles and my invitational singles all in 1 day (haha) or we scrap doubles and do 2 singles tournament. OR the 4 players can agree to let 1 tournament go and have the qualifying singles tournament start.

As for the top 8. I dont mind doing it at my house and having recording + live stream. This not only let the 8 players concentrate without all the background noises but also let them go at their full power without having to do doubles before or pools.

The entry fee will be $10 per tournament. So if we get lets say 24~ people the first time then minus the 2 winners and have 22 people thats $460 + the 4 invited people thats a $500 pot.

So I need people to show interest before I get this whole thing sorted out.

Discuss? Yes or No.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I want to make sure I understand you.

On the suggested day, there would be TWO tournaments held.

I assume that people already invited to the 8-man bracket are Sion, Eric, Hitsugaya, and myself (Dieslow has been deathly inactive...)
Then, in the first tournament, the TOP TWO PLACERS outside of those four would be invited. Those four would not participate in this tournament. Thus we would have 6 out of the 8.

The SECOND tournament would exclude Sion, Eric, Hitsugaya and myself, and whoever placed top 2 at the first tournament.

Thus, the top 2 players from the second tournament would be the last 2 players in the 8-man bracket.

Then that 8-man bracket would play out, for full placings (1-8), with pot being distributed to top 3 or 4?
--------------

If so, my opinion:

BENEFITS:
- gives people who would normally be eliminated earlier on by top-ranked players a chance to play other players later on in the bracket. It's hard to know how good some of the people in spots 5-15 are because they are eliminated too early by spots 1-4 and by hard brackets.
- this would be even more pronounced in the second tournament, when the top 6-placing players are not competing.
- people would get a chance to play in two tournaments
- the final 8 placings, and playing out all the matches from 1-8th place would help us in our PR.
- from the second tournament, we would be able to better rank people who would be in the 5-15 spots.

NEGATIVES:
- the 4 invited players don't get to play much, haha
- Each person would pay an extra $10 (though they DO get that second tournament, with a fairer bracket)
- we wouldn't have time for doubles

Judging from that, I would be up for it.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Yes they would have to pay twice but thats more chances to stay in the tourney. Its their choice if they want to but knowing that 6 people are gone their chances are higher.

There will be ONE main singles tournament as we normally do and ONE qualifying round tournament on same day. This is so the 4 invited players I guess wont be bored and compete in a tournament. And the second one on another day. Most likely the NEXT tournament held in BC.
As for doubles. We don't get THAT much of a turn out so I dont think it will be a big loss.

So up to you guys if you care about doubles that much.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
In doubles, you and your team mate need to tell each other exactly what to do so you can win.

And this is done without speaking to the other person, but just by playing. It's actually pretty fun as long as your partner isn't like some rambo machine who just tries to shine>dair the **** out of whatever is in-front of them the whole time.

booshk

Smash Lord
WOWWWWww worst time to bring this idea up john! :c not going to the next tournament ****Kkkkk ughhhh man.... T_T....
:(:(:(

and i finally get it cause of juan's explanation : D
but **** lol

G.I._JOE

Smash Journeyman

ok

Don't worry Get@will, it's all good. I just ignored him and just considered the fact that he's trollin' and really excited that Canada ***** at Rom
was pretty fuking excited

wow everytime i come read wats on the boards i always see gi joes post and it makes me not want to be in the community seems to be a **** o_O congrtz to sion!!

after reading all your posts you really seem like an *******
ok

hey noobking ive seen your videos and you look realy good we should def play sometime haha no im not trying to feed the troll just i only come here once in awhile and its not cool seeing things like that
adam browns tight like that. i have to upload like 20+ manuel vs noobking sets they played today. youll see more of him soon.

michael you need to calm down on the boards bro. You're not allowed an alt account when you've already been banned so I can close your current account right now if I wanted to.

As long as you behave I'll allow you to keep it but otherwise I'll be closing it. =p
idc if you close it. jack and i dont care about smashboards anymore. we gave up on it long time ago. im usually bored and blow steam on here.

In doubles, you and your team mate need to tell each other exactly what to do so you can win.

And this is done without speaking to the other person, but just by playing. It's actually pretty fun as long as your partner isn't like some rambo machine who just tries to shine>dair the **** out of whatever is in-front of them the whole time.
EAGLE

G.I._JOE

Smash Journeyman
I want to make sure I understand you.

On the suggested day, there would be TWO tournaments held.

I assume that people already invited to the 8-man bracket are Sion, Eric, Hitsugaya, and myself (Dieslow has been deathly inactive...)
Then, in the first tournament, the TOP TWO PLACERS outside of those four would be invited. Those four would not participate in this tournament. Thus we would have 6 out of the 8.

The SECOND tournament would exclude Sion, Eric, Hitsugaya and myself, and whoever placed top 2 at the first tournament.

Thus, the top 2 players from the second tournament would be the last 2 players in the 8-man bracket.

Then that 8-man bracket would play out, for full placings (1-8), with pot being distributed to top 3 or 4?
--------------

If so, my opinion:

BENEFITS:
- gives people who would normally be eliminated earlier on by top-ranked players a chance to play other players later on in the bracket. It's hard to know how good some of the people in spots 5-15 are because they are eliminated too early by spots 1-4 and by hard brackets.
- this would be even more pronounced in the second tournament, when the top 6-placing players are not competing.
- people would get a chance to play in two tournaments
- the final 8 placings, and playing out all the matches from 1-8th place would help us in our PR.
- from the second tournament, we would be able to better rank people who would be in the 5-15 spots.

NEGATIVES:
- the 4 invited players don't get to play much, haha
- Each person would pay an extra $10 (though they DO get that second tournament, with a fairer bracket)
- we wouldn't have time for doubles

Judging from that, I would be up for it.
if i get a chance to not get eliminated by top players right from the start. id want this to happen

Top Bottom