• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGC, the largest tournament series in Tx, is having its 2nd event and it is only 7 days away! With Mewtwo being released and a Diddy nerfing patch available, this TGC will definitely be fresh and exciting!

The link for TGC online pre-reg can be found here: www.smashboards.com/threads/apr-25-2015-the-official-tgc-event-2-houston-tx-see-post-26-for-mewtwo-duckhunt-challenge.394551/ Make sure you buy 1vs1 pass and the venue. Online pre-registration ends in 6 days (24th) so If you haven't pre-registered online, now is the time. If you purchase your venue and 1vs1 pass online, you will be seeded into pools higher than those who have not. Offline/at the door registration is still available like normal and you will
Not be turned away.

As with all TGC events, I severely need full setups (WiiU/TV/SSB4) in order to finish this event in a timely matter. Discounts on your venue fee will be given as well as other incentives so please help speed the event up by bringing a full setup.

Finally, please read the rules on the front page of the TGC thread I posted above. Many things have changed and you will be expected to know the rules when you sit down to play.

If you have any questions/comments, please contact me on FB or Twitter (@ Xyro77 Xyro77 ) or by email at was7x@hotmail.com (title the email (TGC 2).

Last edited:

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Guys, this is the guy who thinks Dr. PeePee isn't the best Falco because he used Marth to beat Armada at Apex (he also thinks PeePee doesn't use Falco anymore, when he used Falco at Apex). You can tell he's funny because he ended his post with "k bye". We need way more users like him, especially in this thread.
I see you're as much a tool as always. I don't see why I even have to explain that logic when you contradict yourself.

k bye
Wow, didn't expect that for some reason!
Well... You're both nice, intelligent people. I'm sure a peaceful solution can be f-

sky pirate sucks

BURN THE WITCH!!!

Change Post said:
:4olimar: Pikmin Ninja
Order Tackle Amplification bug removed
Cool, another nerf.
What did we ever do to you, Sakurai!?

BTW. Not sure if Nick passed on the message, but GL today guys!

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
@ Sky Pirate Sky Pirate , I was hoping you would come to ARFI. We got bodied by every other city, but it wasn't too bad. Also still waiting on those shoutouts from the last monthly. :^)

Also I'm pretty sure :4yoshi: is the bane of my tournament life. Please help.

MassKirbycide

Smash Cadet
Crews can be fun; it's cool to rep your scene. I'm hoping to be good enough for that soon!

Fun tournament today. Sad that Austin got bodied in the bracket, but I think we still had a solid showing overall!

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
@ D DelxDoom - If you think crews are dumb, why did you initially agree to be part of the crew battle? You could have made the decision-making easier by admitting that and immediately leaving the discussion.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Well, if anyone wants to play online, let me know since I have a Wii U now. My NNID is Takicodos.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Damn, sorry to hear that, guys. ><
I'm not good anyway, but I'll come to the next one, 100%. My ToD'll probably be over or close to ending by then anyway.
@ Sky Pirate Sky Pirate , I was hoping you would come to ARFI. We got bodied by every other city, but it wasn't too bad. Also still waiting on those shoutouts from the last monthly. :^)

Also I'm pretty sure :4yoshi: is the bane of my tournament life. Please help.
Oh, I'm so sorry! I was writing them, but then got distracted and now I can't find them. ><

Yoshi... Whenever I play against him, it feels like I'm riding a bull or something. It's a constant chase that requires me to space, respect a lot, and pick my moments. He can be so safe with Nair and Jab, and sitting in your shield can get you grabbed, There's a weird grab-free zone for him where it's safe to shield. Hard to describe it. Umm...
Can't think of anything else right now, and IDK how ROB is supposed to play it. Obv. you have a bit less range on your Fsmash and more priority on all of your moves. IDK.

Last edited:

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol
I was free all day yesterday, wish I knew there was a tournament happening ._.
I had posted a link earlier in the thread D: Do you use Facebook at all? If so you should join the Austin Smash 4 group. We have a pinned post at the top of the page with all upcoming events.

Last edited:

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
@ D DelxDoom - If you think crews are dumb, why did you initially agree to be part of the crew battle? You could have made the decision-making easier by admitting that and immediately leaving the discussion.
I was down for playing in crews, but some stuff came up. I apologize to everyone involved.

Now I do think that logistically, crews is silly because of a few reasons. one is stages. another is how some characters are affected (lucario, wario) by how it works. while these characters are pretty rare, we had a wario main so *shrug* i have no idea.

in conclusion, don't beat yourself up for losing in crews. because "crews is dumb"

anyway. i've been playing mortal kombat. i feel like it is a game that smash players won't be able to like because of how mechanically different it is

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I think that's what time it started last time? I think it's supposed to start at 7:45 still.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
@ Locuan Locuan , I forgot to thank you for going out of your way to pick me up, so thanks for that! I really appreciate it. And again, thanks for teaming with me and keeping me cool.

:gova:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Nah, we didn't play set 2 of grand finals cause dragons lair was closing. We beat them 3-1 in the first set tho.

:gova:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
They reset bracket on us D; and Dlair closed on us. We're currently hoping to start sooner and possibly finding a new venue. So if any of y'all know of a place, feel free to pitch it to me.
We should make Whataburger our new venue. We wouldn't have to worry about them closing on us since they're open 24 hours a day, there are tables for setups as well as chairs for players, and everyone with extra money will have access to food. :^)

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I thought SaSSy and Matt won doubles?
@ mattatat mattatat

They chickened out after we reset the bracket ;)
We should make Whataburger our new venue. We wouldn't have to worry about them closing on us since they're open 24 hours a day, there are tables for setups as well as chairs for players, and everyone with extra money will have access to food. :^)
I know this is kind of a joke-ish thing, but I have to agree with BNK. We need a new venue. Dlair is great, amazing even. We have the room and everything and I really like the place. But if we want to start getting recognized etc, we need a venue which has good internet and we can stream from.

:227:

Top Bottom