• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Thanks locuan for the help. They are currently sold out, but I'll check the site periodically from now on. Also welcome!!! Hopefully this thread becomes more lively with the release of smash for the wii u. :)

Kwam$tack$

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KwamStackS
hey im new to the Austin thread but not the area. does ATX have any tourneys coming up anytime soon? Also, if you're active on ssb4 then add me please and leave your nnid. mine is Kwamstax . I've been looking for people in the area to play against so hopefully I can find some people up for the challnge.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
hey im new to the Austin thread but not the area. does ATX have any tourneys coming up anytime soon? Also, if you're active on ssb4 then add me please and leave your nnid. mine is Kwamstax . I've been looking for people in the area to play against so hopefully I can find some people up for the challnge.
I'm interested in knowing if we will have any Smash 4 tournaments as well. If we don't maybe some of us could try to organize one, or some sort of gathering.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
There's weeklies every Monday at 7 pm at dragons lair. According to the Facebook group they're getting solid numbers. Around 30-40 people. I unfortunately haven't been able to go because I can't get a ride.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Gonna go for sure. Can I beat people in this game even though I've only clocked in a total of 2 hrs?

Last edited:

BloodyBoom

Smash Cadet
NNID
davidianyo
There's weeklies every Monday at 7 pm at dragons lair. According to the Facebook group they're getting solid numbers. Around 30-40 people. I unfortunately haven't been able to go because I can't get a ride.
If school doesn't obliterate me with homework I shall go to this. It'll be awkward having to sync my wiimote every 5 seconds if I'm switching stations tho. Still no adapter :/

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know the rule set or anything for this? I want to make it to this. I only have 3 days of Ganon inn e but inn for glory even good people can be predictable so I think I have a shot. I don't get my adapter until next Saturday so its been all gamepad. : /

I'm not seeing anything on their site about smash.

Last edited:

BloodyBoom

Smash Cadet
NNID
davidianyo
According to rigorous Google searching, I could not find any kind of ruleset that they use. They do specify 1v1 tournaments and friendlies, and I have found brackets of 1v1 round robins.

It's a Facebook group under the name "Monday Night Smash at Dragon's Lair." According to the description there, they will be holding a monthly tournament on January 31st.

Last edited:

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it's just friendlies and a 1v1 free tourney tomorrow, but fef worth going for the xp and to see if there's new talent out there.

BloodyBoom

Smash Cadet
NNID
davidianyo
I personally hope for doubles, haven't had that in a long time. For Glory teams is time for some reason and 1v1 becomes tiresome after a while.

Last edited:

BloodyBoom

Smash Cadet
NNID
davidianyo
I had to leave early after my second match but it was fun. Hopefully I'll eventually get to finish one

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait to get my adapter this Saturday. I've missed playing on a GameCube controller. I def had fun at the tourney. Just wish there was more setups. I didn't get to practice with other characters that much. Although, my ganon is strong. :) think I went 4-2.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, I wish I had actually checked the thread, I would have totally gone. Btw, I didn't see anyone else I knew at the ikkicon tourny except Melee1 / I forget his new tag. I took 3rd place, so that was nice :D

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
What was the ruleset?
From what I can remember:
2 Stocks, 6 minutes. No items. 2 out of 3 for all sets. I'm not sure if Winners/Losers finals and grand finals where 3 out of 5.

Stages:

Neutral
Battlefield
FD
Smashville

counterpicks
Lylat
DK64
Delfino
Town and City

Stage striking was weird so someone else will need to give you input here. I recommended using the APEX rule set for next time but we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

Mike2

Smash Ace
Johns for Panty and me: both had <2 hrs of play time in this game before this tournament. This does make me want to go out and blow $400 on a Wii u and Sm4sh game though. Too competitive/salty for my own good :)

Last edited:

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
I don't get the hate on 2-stock tbh. makes matches move quicker, and 1 extra stock won't usually make a difference =/

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Hello Austin community, I'm going to be moving to round rock sometime in march but i just wanted to introduce myself now and ask where smash events are held here. Some of you remember me from the brawl days coming from the RGV.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
3 stock or bust . No customs sucks too since it makes my main significantly worse.

Last edited:

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:
Top Bottom