• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Wish Dozingleaf could've made it.
Custom moves are allowed.
Not the only reason, but a big one. ><

Also, Espy called my R.O.B. "cheap" when I took a game off of him in pools. I wasn't expecting that from him, and I'm a bit disappointed that I let that get to me. Sadness boyz.
Did he say this BETWEEN matches or after?

CATI was hella
Hella what?! I need to know!
Oh god, I can't breathe. XD

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The one good thing that the Austin tournament convinced me of is that I was more right than I thought I was about how degenerative and toxic customs are.
So I got that going for me. :applejack:

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
i am surprised yall came out to 2stock customs given how much you hate em.

you saw how much of a difference they made to the results tho?

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The ruleset would only affect players whose characters get a severe bump in one way or the other by the ruleset. No one really had that. Everyone performed as they would at any other ruleset in Texas. :applejack:

Xaldin205

Smash Rookie
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and i'm wanting to get info on tournaments and events in the smash bros commiunity in the Austin area would anyone have that info here or be able to point me in the right direction?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and i'm wanting to get info on tournaments and events in the smash bros commiunity in the Austin area would anyone have that info here or be able to point me in the right direction?
Our weeklies are Tuesdays at Mothership Books and Games.
Mothership Books and Games, 2121 W Parmer Ln, Austin, TX 78727-4366, USA

Xaldin205

Smash Rookie
Cool thanks! is there a specific time or is it an all day event? also I checked the website and it says tournaments are held on Thursdays not Tuesdays unless thats an error?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Cool thanks! is there a specific time or is it an all day event? also I checked the website and it says tournaments are held on Thursdays not Tuesdays unless thats an error?
It seems they haven't edited it yet. The tournaments are going to be held Tuesday from this week on.

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol
Friendlies/Registration starts at 6:30 and I usually start the tourney at 7:30, no later than 7:45. We just recently moved them to Tuesdays due to the venue being overcrowded on Thursday. The owner said Tuesdays are pretty slow and we will have more breathing room.

Last edited:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Between matches, SP. :applejack:
Aww, that's dirty pool. You don't rattle a man's confidence like that between matches. :/

The one good thing that the Austin tournament convinced me of is that I was more right than I thought I was about how degenerative and toxic customs are.
So I got that going for me. :applejack:
Completely agree.

Also, thank y'all for noting the day change in here!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If simple words can rattle a man after winning, then they deserve to lose. Especially if it involves customs that over-reward you. :applejack:

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Regarding your question, you need to lock the bracket results. On another note, the tournament title should be edited to be something more along the lines of Mothership #5 Wii U Singles. And of course claims/characters added.
How do I lock the bracket results?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGCalt.jpg

MY FRIENDS, THE TIME HAS COME! The largest Smash 4 event in Texas, TGC 3, is tomorrow (6/20/2015 aka Saturday)! Please read this post for last minute info and instructions. Very important stuff.

1. I will be at the TGC venue around 9am. If you wish to be there by 9am to set-up/register/check-in/practice or chat with the LEGENDARY Xyro, please feel free. 2vs2 starts at 12pm and singles will start at 2pm. The registration/check-in lines will be long (TGC events always get 100 or more players) so the earlier you are the better things will be. Once an event starts, you will NOT be allowed to enter. I will NOT hold a spot for you. Leave your house EARLY.

2. Please please please bring a full set-up (WiiU/Tv/Ssb4) to TGC 3. The more set-ups we have the faster this event will end and the more time you will have for friendlies/MMs …etc. If you bring a full set-up you will get half of your venue fee back and/or free soda/water/energy drink. If you cannot bring a full set-up I beg you to bring anything you can. All equipment will help TGC be a better experience.

3. Though not required, bringing $5 or 10$ bills will help me out tremendously. So if you can, please bring 5s or 10s. I accept all bills though.

4. Make sure you have all the DLC (mewtwo/ryu/roy/dreamland 64/suzuka castle/miiverse) and the latest patch (1.0.8) for Smash 4. The DLC characters/stages are not REQUIRED to be on your WiiU but they are HIGHLY recommended. The patch MUST be downloaded no matter what. We would like everybody to be on the same page.

5. There is an Ike/Lucas/Wario challenge at TGC 3. If a player reaches top 5 and ONLY uses 1 of the 3 characters (Lucas/Ike/Wario) the entire tournament, I will personally hand you $50 on top of what you will make for reaching top 5.

6. Please be familiar with the rules of Smash 4 for TGC 3. The rules, events, fees, food menu and everything else you would like to know can be found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/jun-...-lucas-wario-ike-challenge-houston-tx.402642/

7. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me on Smashboards (Xyro77) or Twitter (Xyro77) or FaceBook (Allan Xyro Sims). Remember, what I type/say is the OFFICIAL word. So if you are getting mixed info from other players/users, please run it by me and I will clarify.

Last edited:

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
To clarify, is there an age restriction to attending these weeklies? Also, is there an estimated time weeklies end?

Last edited:

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
Are the replays from mothership 5 up yet? I really wanna nab my one match that was streamed :3
Oh, are these weeklies streamed? May I get the twitch channel please?

I also met TheRusBus last Monday and asked him if he had a Smashboards. He said he didn't, and his tourney results remain unclaimed, somebody tell the man to get a Smashboards account.

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol
Are the replays from mothership 5 up yet? I really wanna nab my one match that was streamed :3
They should be up in the next couple days.

Oh, are these weeklies streamed? May I get the twitch channel please?

I also met TheRusBus last Monday and asked him if he had a Smashboards. He said he didn't, and his tourney results remain unclaimed, somebody tell the man to get a Smashboards account.
Twitch.tv/atxsmash4

We have tried before, but Rusty said he, "Didn't see the point."

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
We have tried before, but Rusty said he, "Didn't see the point."
Ah, well at least you tried.
A friend and I will be coming to play friendlies for howeever much time we have, but we won't be participating in the tourney because we don't think we're very good, and we can't afford it anyway.
Looking forward to playing against a few of you!

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Did not do well this week, feeling a bit under the weather so I dipped out after I went to loser's bracket. I did get a decent match on stream tho so I guess that's nice.

EDIT: here it is https://youtu.be/IIDQVmVo-Us

This week already up, but still waitin' on last week, need that 2x jet hammer replay <3

Last edited:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
If simple words can rattle a man after winning, then they deserve to lose. Especially if it involves customs that over-reward you. :applejack:
You can play it off as "the playing to win" attitude and all, doesn't change the fact that you sound like a salty scrub.
Time to bring out the Ryu.
****ing LOVE Ryu.
Biggest problem, though: Try for a runoff Bair, accidentally input Tatsumaki Senpukyaku.
Don't know how many times I've seen Ryucopter fly off into the sunset for a lost stock doing that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom